Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
183,221 - 183,240 of 200,349 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What exactly does history tell us will happen? Please provide specific proof of what has happened to past societies that allowed same-sex marriage.
That's simple. Can you name one culture that has SS couples equated with marriage from start to finish? Just one. In ALL of human history.

Marriage is present in everyone from start to finish..
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth doesn't change. It will always resurrect when denied. History tells us that happens quickly regarding marriage.
Truth doesn’t change?
So you support slavery
You support the repression of women as second class citizens
You are a racist bigot?
You support burning protestants at the stake
All of those where truths
Truth doesn’t change... are you volunteering to be burned first?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth doesn't change.
Yes, we know. Truth is, gays marry now. Same institution as straight people. Not a damn thing you say alters that truth.

Smile dear.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It will always resurrect when denied.
Flowery, but pointless. This statement has no meaning whatsoever. You go peddle your imaginary "resurrections" to the sheeple. No one here is interested.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
History tells us that happens quickly regarding marriage.
Yes, it sure does. Look how quickly, given human history we've added 16 countries and 13 U.S. states to marriage equality.

Oh, and history also shows that the make up and relationship of the participants of marriage is always changing and adapting to meet the demands of the times. Sorry this truth is so difficult for you to accept.

Hey, just fyi, Mr. Roark says your time on Fantasy Island is about to expire unless you can fork over some more cash.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth doesn't change. It will always resurrect when denied. History tells us that happens quickly regarding marriage.
I have another question, if Truth doesn’t change, then why did your all powerful all-knowing god have to change his covenant with man?

If the old testament was truth, and truth doesn’t change, why did he change it?

It appears your little god disagrees with you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
As I have said before, we will continue on because my husband and I know that there is someone out there that is crying, guilty and needs someone to talk to, despressed and might be thinking of committing suicide and for whoever they are, my husband and I will have a listening ear, for this has happened to us many times in our walk with God and we have been there to help them on the path to show them about Salvation and then God teaches them through His Word and He only gets the Glory for what He has done.
Wow. Talk about run on sentences.

No one is out there crying that is going to reach out to you. And no one out there that is homosexual is feeling guilty, because they have nothing to be guilty about. And the suicides that you talk about are the result of people like you and your fake help. That's why the work you are trying to do has been outlawed in California and New Jersey with more states following quickly.

No one will be contacting you for your help, or your husband of 55 year's help. Ever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
To whom it may concern whoever you are,
Someone has made the comment about Christians or Fundamentalists and making a joke about it. For your information, there is no such thing of being a Christian or a Fundamentalist or a Conservative as far as being a Christian. Either you are a Christian or you are not a Christian, for there is no in-between either. The word Christian means that you are a follower of Christ and you Obey His Commandments and follow him daily. You just cannot live the way you may want to live. The laws are written in your hearts to do what God would have you do and it also says "Shall we sin that Grace may abound? God Forbid!! We as Christians cannot sin as sin is defined in Scripture or if your heart is telling you that you must not do something that will go against our Creator. There are more things that people do today that were not availabe at the time that the Scripture was written, such as watching movies that have very bad content in them, so that is when we rely on the Holy Spirit to guide us. For God through His Son Jesus (Yeshua) wants Christians to live a Holy Life, for the Temple of God lives within us.
You heard it here first folks. According to Suzanne, Christians cannot sin!

LOL!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's simple. Can you name one culture that has SS couples equated with marriage from start to finish? Just one. In ALL of human history.
When you name one culture where women were treated equally from start to finish. Just one.

Historical context. The argument of fools!!!!

Why don't you just cut and post this from now on: "But it's not been done before so therefore that magically translates to, it shouldn't be done now....despite the fact that I and no other bigot like me can establish a reason to deny it."

KiMare = Stupid cur
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I can name quite a few that embraced slavery as a way of life from start to finish.

Don’t look to the past for morality, that was then, this is now, welcome to …. today
suzanne henderson

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

For those of you out there that think that we are not correct about our thread on this forum in our explaination about what this forum is suppose to be about, well, we mentioned that it was suppose to be about prop. 8, but we also said that it seems as though people are talking about homosexuals. Prop. 8 is only about same-sex marriage and are you saying that the same-sex married people are not homosexuals? You may have your head in the sand, for if it wasn't for homsexuals, there would not have been a prop. 8!! This is what this is all about, because homosexuals decided that they wanted to be equal with normal marriages, that they decided to force themselves into pushing and pushing their agenda and now the courts have decided to favor the homosexuals agenda, but I would like to tell you that the True Beliver in Christ will NEVER or EVER accept this court ruling. The only ones we accept as Marriage is what God intended it to be and that is MAN+WOMAN=MARRIAGE!!
oneboner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you name one culture where women were treated equally from start to finish. Just one.
Historical context. The argument of fools!!!!
Why don't you just cut and post this from now on: "But it's not been done before so therefore that magically translates to, it shouldn't be done now....despite the fact that I and no other bigot like me can establish a reason to deny it."
KiMare = Stupid cur
Women and men are different...and vive la difference!

you obsessive compulsive mean spirited lil "freaks" just don't get it.
Too bad for you. However, please quit projecting YOUR problems upon the rest of us....and thank you in advance.
sheesh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband and I will check this out, for we have a greek and hebrew dictionary. We do feel that Romans Chapter 1 makes it very clear about homsexuality. These are the verses that we use most of the time. What would be your interpertation of these verses in Romans? We look up greek and hebrew words quite often. We do know that God did not create homosexuals & he would not of created anything that was not perfect. We believe that it is man's sins from the beginning that started sin no matter what it is. Somebody told me earlier that God made homosexuals and I said then, God would have made women to have abortions, children born blind or no limbs. I know personally that there was a medicine that women were taking when they were pregnant many years ago and it was for nausea and I did not take it myself when I was pregnant, but lots of babies were born without limbs. So did God create that? Absolutely Not. This was man's doing. We believe that God created everything perfect and then because of sin, man did sins as time went on and diseases and illnesses came along because of sin and we both know the diseases of homosexuality. I did a research on the second world war and they came up with 9 diseases with homosexuals only. I wrote some material awhile back about this subject. Also, man was so wicked during the time of Sodom and Gomorrah that God destroyed both of those cities. The word sodomy came from Sodom and we know what that means. Anyway thats for your information and we will do our research.
I will not be writing back any individuals from now on. I will write my comments on the forum. It is causing to much confusion and I do not to direct anything that I write to any certain person. There is so much bad language, personal attacks and things that are so bad that in our opinion, we have never witnessed anything like this forum. I write alot of letters to alot of forums from time to
Your God made homosexuals vs God made women to have abortions doesn't wash. Homosexuals have no choice with regard to their orientation. Women clearly have a choice with an abortion.

When you're consulting your Hebrew and Greek dictionaries I would caution you on something. The original texts were written two thousand or so years ago. The King James Bible was translated hundreds of years later. Words lose their original meaning and are changed quite often. So be cautious on those definitions because no language is free of this fault. You must translate with the era of the writings in mind if you wish to be taken with more than a grain of salt. Context is everything.

You can start a pertinent exercise with the word awful.
suzanne henderson

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

To who it is that quoted me that I do not believe that a Christian can sin, you are correct. For that does not mean that Christians do not please God at times like anger or having bad feelings for a time etc,. I will explain what I am talking about. In the Book of First John Chapter 3 verses 8-9 and I quote: "He that committeth sin is of the devil, for the devil sinneth from the beginning, for this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." Sir, because you do not want to believe or want to argue, we are quoting what our Creator wrote through the Prophets and we know that there are other Scriptures that pertain to people sinning, but before we are saved, we were sinners, but now we are bought with a price of Christ's Blood on the Cross and we should not practice sin. In the Old Testament King David who was a man of God did go against His God and did commit 2 very bad sins, but he paid the ultimate price for what he did, so if a Christian does fall for a time, they will suffer consequenses for what they have done, but with a contrite Spirit, God may forgive them to come back, but I would be extremely careful from that point on and not practice sin.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
To whom is saying that we are writing fake posts, then would you please prove what you are saying. We personally do not call people names, we not not sware or use profanity,we do not try to belittle someone either, and we are not the Holier than Thou either (for we are saved by Grace only), for we are only introducing Scripture to those out there that have not taken the time to Study God's Word and the subject on this forum is Prop. 8 being overturned and also people discussing their feelings about homosexuality and so we are addressing that subject. Whoever you are that wrote that post and you know who you are and so do we, please be more considerate of others when you are writing your notes. Is this the way you talk and treat your family?
do you really think that you're the FIRST person to try this tactic with homosexual people? do you think that you're the first to find that little nugget you think will "change" someone?
so, no, you're not "introducing scripture to those out there that have not taken the time to study God's word..." you're not saying anything new or inciteful in this topic.

and if you're wondering "who" wrote those posts - go back to them and quote them - there's a button you can select that will allow you to quote the post you're confused by. that should clear things up for you.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

oneboner wrote:
<quoted text>
Women and men are different...and vive la difference!
you obsessive compulsive mean spirited lil "freaks" just don't get it.
Too bad for you. However, please quit projecting YOUR problems upon the rest of us....and thank you in advance.
please quit projecting YOUR problems upon the rest of us....and thank you in advance.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
For those of you out there that think that we are not correct about our thread on this forum in our explaination about what this forum is suppose to be about, well, we mentioned that it was suppose to be about prop. 8, but we also said that it seems as though people are talking about homosexuals. Prop. 8 is only about same-sex marriage and are you saying that the same-sex married people are not homosexuals? You may have your head in the sand, for if it wasn't for homsexuals, there would not have been a prop. 8!! This is what this is all about, because homosexuals decided that they wanted to be equal with normal marriages, that they decided to force themselves into pushing and pushing their agenda and now the courts have decided to favor the homosexuals agenda, but I would like to tell you that the True Beliver in Christ will NEVER or EVER accept this court ruling. The only ones we accept as Marriage is what God intended it to be and that is MAN+WOMAN=MARRIAGE!!
furthermore....deep sigh here....the issues surround the legalities of marriage - the contractual and legal texts that frame a legal marriage. not your feelings about what is or isn't a marriage. not your feelings or opinions about homosexuality. we don't expect you to change your mind about either same sex marriage or about homosexuality - so why should we change who we are just to satisfy you?

and i ask this as a fellow christian. i just see things differently than you. and by the way, don't try the same tactic that so many other self-rightous self-avowed christians have tried by proclaiming anyone that's gay can't possibly be a christian. you don't decide who is and who isn't a christian since you don't know what is anyone else's heart.

once you can differentiate between the legal issues of same sex marriage and your own personal religious view of homosexuality, perhaps we can have a rational discussion.

and if you'd like to respond to this post, please, don't say "whoever said..." - just use the quote function or "reply to this post". it's easy enough since everyone else can accomplish this feat.
suzanne henderson

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

God would not allow the Scriptures to be kept in the dark because he was allowing his Creation to continue. What would be the purpose of God contining with these generations after Christ and he would have left us out in the cold and have us not know who he is and what his plan is for our lives? I know it was translated, but I also believe that God was with them and if they had made a slight error, we still get the message of how God expects us to live and how to be Saved through His Son, so we are without any excuse. My husband and I know that God is real and lives in our lives because of how we know when we do wrong. Who is telling us that we are doing wrong? It is God trying to reach us and telling us to come to him for he will make us pure through His Son. Where does a conscience come from? for that is a question that everybody should think about. God made us have a conscience, so that we would know what is right and what is wrong, so we could know how to live a happy life and a spiritual life and for me and my family, we see how it works even when we come into a tangle about something, we always have God speaking to us in his word, so we can forgive each other and still be a family.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
It doesn’t matter if you personally accept it or not, you and your religion are just not that important.

They are married whether you like it or not, legally, and recognized on the state and federal level, and your opinion carries no weight at all.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth doesn’t change?
So you support slavery
You support the repression of women as second class citizens
You are a racist bigot?
You support burning protestants at the stake
All of those where truths
Truth doesn’t change... are you volunteering to be burned first?
The truth is, those things were always wrong.

Calling mutually sterile duplicate gendered couples married is always wrong too.

This isn't rocket science.
oneboner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
please quit projecting YOUR problems upon the rest of us....and thank you in advance.
I am just fine, thank you.....and you?
lololololol
Women and men are different.....and vive la difference.
Please stop trying to project YOUR lil problems upon the remainder of the human race.
You may screw anyone you like (if they are agreeable), in any way that you like(if they are agreeable),. Quite frankly, I(we) don't care.
Just do us a favor and keep it to yourself. I do not tell you about my private life, and I (we) don't want to know about yours......and again, thank you in advance.
suzanne henderson

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

To heartandmind, I know exactly who wrote what, but I really do not want for the most part to attack anyone personally because they wrote something that I do not agree with. I know how to reply on this forum, but not everybody reads every post, like myself, I do not either read every post. If I start reading and I see that someone is using filthy language, or calling names to one another, I immediately move on to another post. I have said that my husband and I are only on this forum for one purpose. We believe in witnessing about Christ, so in that being said, we feel that there is so many people out there that are crying, feeling guilty for what they have done and do not know what to do, thinking about commtting suicide (of which I have read on the internet that many homosexuals have already committed suicide), or anything that they may need help for in any sin that they are doing. We do not have all the answers to everything and I have never said that, but we are not here for those who attack us or say bad things, we are only here to help someone to find God through His Son Jesus (Yeshua) and he will do the rest. If someone does not like our post and does not agree that is fine, but it does not really bother us, for we are not here for them. This post is suppose to be about prop. 8 and that has to do with same-sex marriages and that has to do with homosexuals, so we decided to come on to this forum and maybe someone will listen to what God has to say about it, for we did not write the Scriptures, we are only trying to tell what most people would not take the time to check the Bible out for themselves, but there are those who do read it only to argue about it and we do know the difference.

Thank you for your comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••