Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,189

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
lemon murang pie

Monrovia, CA

#210845 Aug 19, 2013
August 2013

Tea Party member's must be removed like Nazis and the Nazi party, RNC chair says to the Republican chair person.

August 2013
Big D

Modesto, CA

#210846 Aug 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>It's the same thing the JW's do with blood transfusions, they pick and choose which old testament verse to follow. Most of the Old testament is supposed to be lessons and why we needed a Savior, it's not to be followed literally.
Oh I know, I donít have a problem with most Christians

But most Christians do not try and preach to my children and grandchildren without my or their parents consent, they donít belittle people different than themselves, I know quite a few that supported same sex marriage.

The problem is, most Christians, are not the "vocal" Christians that are giving Christianity a bad name.

I do see that you recognize this.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#210847 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text> We only want to respond to people that we believe really are serious about wanting to know about our experiences in the Body of Christ and how we came to our conclusions on how we believe.
I doubt there is anyone here that wants to know about your experiences, I have never read anyone asking you about your experiences.

Sacramento, CA

#210848 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
Hang in there Jesus-loves-You, for you have a few of us out there that support what you are saying. May God Bless you.
You agree with him that we should use Leviticus to condemn homosexuals?
MooMooS

Monrovia, CA

#210849 Aug 19, 2013
Just MOON the holly rollers punching judy today.
Popess

Monrovia, CA

#210850 Aug 19, 2013
What does the Pope and McDonald's have in common?
They both stick meat in ten year old buns.
Popess

Monrovia, CA

#210851 Aug 19, 2013
to the mob of angry villagers with pitchforks and torches*

Glad to see the catholics are getting some fresh air!!!
Popess

Monrovia, CA

#210852 Aug 19, 2013
If this really is blood of jesus, he must have been wasted 24/7.
Popess

Monrovia, CA

#210853 Aug 19, 2013
If Moses had seen your face, there would have been another commandment.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#210854 Aug 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the post you were responding to typing about Christian vs atheist debate: "How is joining an anti-gay hate group supposed to show the Christian love and tolerance for gay people? Do you want to draw the gay community closer or further away from God?"
Were you confused as to what post you were responding to?
First of all, you do not understand ( saveCalifornia.com ). I have talked to the President of this organization personally and he is a very kind and loving man who loves Christ. He has been on CNN, Fox News and many local news in the past few months. You are judging something that you must not have taken the time to research what they are all about. I agree and financially support this group 100%. Just look up on your search "NOT BORN THAT WAY" and see how many homsexuals are being helped by this organization. We are here to help those that are sinning, not turning them away. If they do not listen to the Word of God, that is not our problem. I said in one of my post last evening, when my husband and I had our fellowship, we had discussed about gays showing up and we both agreed that it would be fine, but that was only to help them out of their sin like any other sin. Removing parts of the Bible we do not like and then feel that we are free is total deception. Satan's job in the world of our's is only to deceive people, for he does not work so much on the non-believer,he works on the believer to justify what they are doing so they will feel OK about themselves. For those who are for equality, it is not fair to let a sin go by and others that have other sins have to be forgiven. My husband and I will say this once to you and that is if you feel like homosexuals are excused from their sins and they can just go ahead and live that type of lifestyle and God will forgive them, then that will be the end of our conversation. We are only here to help people get out of their sins and set free, for if you have even one sin that you are doing, you are guilty of all because you are still living in that sin. Shall we sin that Grace may abound? God forbid!! My husband & I do not practice any type of sin as sin is defined in Scripture, for we do not please God at times, but we do not practice Sin. We live very strict lives and are happy because Christ is in us and with us in all that we do. Whenever there is issues in our home, we pray and take it to Christ and after 55 years of marriage, I have to say that It does work for my husband & I, for we have very different personalities & both know Christ as Savior and Lord of our lives and so we are ONE in Christ.
Popess

Monrovia, CA

#210855 Aug 19, 2013
Saudi King Demands UN Resolution Condemning Religious Insults.

Go jam sand up your oil pipe Saudi puke.
Popess

Monrovia, CA

#210856 Aug 19, 2013
I'll be happy when we have drained the last drop of oil form these sand-fleas.
suzanne henderson

El Dorado Hills, CA

#210858 Aug 19, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You agree with him that we should use Leviticus to condemn homosexuals?
We should use Romans Chapter 1, for it condemns homosexuality 100%. If you do not believe in Apostle Paul's Epistles like some other people on this forum don't, then God help you for in Galatians Chapter 1 verses 11-12 and I quote: "But I certify you brethern, that the Gospel which was preached of me is not after man, neither was I taught it, but by the Revelation of Jesus Christ." So, Paul received these Epistles from Christ and whatever he says, it is GOSPEL TRUTH. AMEN & AMEN

Sacramento, CA

#210859 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband and I will say this once to you and that is if you feel like homosexuals are excused from their sins and they can just go ahead and live that type of lifestyle and God will forgive them, then that will be the end of our conversation.
I don't think they are excused from their sins anymore then any straight person is excused from their sins. Or your sins. Since you love experiences, I have had a few with the guy on the corner holding the sign that if we don't repent we will go to hell or the sidewalk street preacher doing the same. I notice that people walk around them, I notice they not one person stops and gets on their knees and surrenders to Christ. It turns people off. And the conclusion is that so do you.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#210860 Aug 19, 2013
Asch Paradigm_ wrote:
<quoted text>Always as in over 10,000 years is what means marriage is one man and one woman. 37 states and 187 countries mean always. 13 states and 13 countries with SSM mean barely a scratch.
Historical context is the argument of fools. Women can vote, blacks are free and gays can marry. Sorry that disappoints you so.
Asch Paradigm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if your are upset but Prop 8 was not declared unconstitutional. Please don't slit your wrist, but SCOTUS did not hear the case based on standing.
You are correct. No wrist splitting needed since Prop 8 is dead.
Asch Paradigm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, normal marriages are man and woman, I am sorry if the makes you angry.
Your belief that you define what is normal doesn't bother me at all! It simply makes you look pathetic and sad.
Asch Paradigm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should look up the word "norm", it is purposely social, culturally, mathematically and societal.
Why did you switch from normal to norm? They are two different things. Desperate much?!
Asch Paradigm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rational fears about being gay is why the APA has help centers for homosexuals and have no need to have them even for bisexuals. Get the clue, the APA offers professional help for gays.
Wow. Rant much? Hon, I have no fears about being gay. What a stupid comment. You're beginning to sound as stupid as Brian_G the village idiot. There is nothing factual in your last statement whatsoever. Do you like making a dumbass out of yourself? Sure seems that way.

Sacramento, CA

#210861 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, you do not understand ( saveCalifornia.com ).
An anti-gay rights group has purchased hourly radio spots to urge parents to keep their children home from school on Harvey Milk Day, which honors the gay rights pioneer. Randy Thomasson, president of the SaveCalifornia.com , said the group bought more than 100 time slots for a radio ad in Los Angeles and Sacramento. It urges parents to "protect your children from Harvey Milk indoctrination," by keeping them home from school on Wednesday. "This is harmful to children," In 2011 Save California head Randy Thomasson claimed that Harvey Milk Day would "unleash a tsunami of perversity" that would include "mock gay weddings" at public schools. In 2010 Thomasson claimed that Harvey Milk Day would include "cross-dressing contests" and that Milk endorsed pedophilia.

I think what is harmful is not letting our children know about different people. I think what is harmful is putting false fear into our schools. My son had a gay teacher, okay guess what subject..English...LOL...but he was a great teacher and even brought his partner into class one time, I don't think the students decided to be gay after that experience. Most kids know of all the 'normal' gays out there: entertainers, CEOs, neighbors, politicians, religious leaders, etc. Why would anyone send money to them to buy radio time to air its bigotry? Seems like your money to them is not turning anyone towards Christ, I would say it's more like turning them further away. What a shame!

Sacramento, CA

#210862 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
We should use Romans Chapter 1, for it condemns homosexuality 100%. If you do not believe in Apostle Paul's Epistles like some other people on this forum don't, then God help you for in Galatians Chapter 1 verses 11-12 and I quote: "But I certify you brethern, that the Gospel which was preached of me is not after man, neither was I taught it, but by the Revelation of Jesus Christ." So, Paul received these Epistles from Christ and whatever he says, it is GOSPEL TRUTH. AMEN & AMEN
I am asking if You agree with him that we should use Leviticus to condemn homosexuals? Yes or No?
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#210863 Aug 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"You're a bigot POS!" POS Mikey screamed bigotedly.
Hold a mirror to your a$$ if you can, because that's exactly what you are.

Sacramento, CA

#210864 Aug 19, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul is focused on proving that idolatry is wrong and the people should worship God. The people Paul is talking about in Romans 1 had knowledge of God but rejected God in spite of their knowledge of Him. The link between v. 26 and v. 27 is "likewise also the men." The men were doing something like the women were doing. Whatever they were doing is linked to rejecting the true God and engaging in idolatry.

The most common sense understanding of Romans 1 is that Paul is describing shrine prostitution, cult prostitution, people who use sex to worship the fertility goddesses of ancient Rome.

I think what is a sin is those that have a statue of the virgin Mary around their necks and hanging on their car mirrors. That's what Paul was talking about. Do you go on Catholic threads and tell them they will go to hell for that?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#210865 Aug 19, 2013
Asch Paradigm_ wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you got 5 posters to give you pos judgits. Just wow. Child, 37 states currently have state DOMAs and 30 of them have state constitutionally DOMAs.
I'm not aware that any of the amendments and statutes are referred to legislatively as a DOMA. I'll concede the point to you since you seem to think you're an expert and quite frankly I don't care. They won't be around long enough for me to worry about them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 69,974
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at October 20 at 9:04PM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]