Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201880 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208460 Aug 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly do find yourself amusing. Problem is, nobody else does. So you're YUKYUKYUK'ing at yourself. I believe that could be a sign of mental illness. You should google your symptoms and find out, troll.
I'll Google your symptoms and find out what I got.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208461 Aug 9, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) If you're going to write a long response to someone's comment it's best to do it in a Microsoft word document. Then cut and paste it here.
There is a glitch in the system that will cause you to lose a post if you spend too much time writing it on the TOPIX website.
I've lost many posts because I took too much time.
It's like the system will "time you out" after a certain period of time.
2.) This forum may be wicked, but that's where Christ thrives. Wouldn't you agree? He didn't spend his time "preaching to the choir". Rather, he went to the people who He believed needed to hear His message. So don't give up on this forum.
3.) How would we know if God inspired people to write new scripture? Would we believe anyone who claimed that God had moved him/her to add to the Books of the Bible?
Yet, that's exactly what happened with the New Testament. That's why Jews don't study the New Testament as a part of their belief.
The ancient Hebrews didn't believe that Christ was the Messiah. They don't believe that they will be saved through their belief in Christ.
But just over 2000 years ago, a sect of people began following Christ. We call ourselves Christians. And many, just like the ancient Jews, believe no more material has been inspired by God ever since.
The Mormons believe that Christ contacted Joseph Smith Jr. and added additional information to Christianity. These additional works can be found in "The Book of Mormon", "Doctrine and Covenants" and the "Pearl of Great Price".
Are they wrong? Were the ancient Jews wrong to believe that the Books of the New Testament shouldn't be followed?
Things aren't so cut and dry.
Here's what I believe... I believe in Yahweh, the God of Judaism, the Father of Christ. And I believe in Christ. And I believe that Christ's birth, life, death, and resurrection represented a new covenant between God and mankind.
No longer were God's people required to follow the 613 laws and commandments of the Old Testament. There is evidence of this belief throughout the New Testament.
We are now saved by our belief in Christ; through our good deeds to others and our belief in God. Christ died for our sins.
I think we have some common beliefs.
Obviously, I don't make these comments lightly. See, I've been told for too long that being gay is a sin. And I've spent a great deal of time studying to see if that is true. I've also spent a long time in prayerful communication with God and the Holy Spirit.
I didn't come to my conclusions without research, questioning, and challenging myself.
Oy vey.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208462 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe we're going to have to look up whatever the frickin' frack it's trying to say.
Good times, eh?
He should Google what he's trying to say.

Ah good times!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208463 Aug 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
...said the imbecile troll.*snicker*
WOW! That got him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#208464 Aug 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
...said the imbecile troll.*snicker*
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're not quite an imbecile troll, you're more of a moronic troll.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Kennedy OToole

Hemet, CA

#208465 Aug 9, 2013
My life is a rather grim one. One day I shall perhaps describe it to you in great detail.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#208466 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! That got him.
Medi..... MEDIC!!!!!!!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#208467 Aug 10, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly do find yourself amusing. Problem is, nobody else does. So you're YUKYUKYUK'ing at yourself. I believe that could be a sign of mental illness. You should google your symptoms and find out, troll.
You speak for everyone?

Do you know what that claim is a sign of?

YUKYUKYUK.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#208468 Aug 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1.) If you're going to write a long response to someone's comment it's best to do it in a Microsoft word document. Then cut and paste it here.
There is a glitch in the system that will cause you to lose a post if you spend too much time writing it on the TOPIX website.
I've lost many posts because I took too much time.
It's like the system will "time you out" after a certain period of time.
2.) This forum may be wicked, but that's where Christ thrives. Wouldn't you agree? He didn't spend his time "preaching to the choir". Rather, he went to the people who He believed needed to hear His message. So don't give up on this forum.
3.) How would we know if God inspired people to write new scripture? Would we believe anyone who claimed that God had moved him/her to add to the Books of the Bible?
Yet, that's exactly what happened with the New Testament. That's why Jews don't study the New Testament as a part of their belief.
The ancient Hebrews didn't believe that Christ was the Messiah. They don't believe that they will be saved through their belief in Christ.
But just over 2000 years ago, a sect of people began following Christ. We call ourselves Christians. And many, just like the ancient Jews, believe no more material has been inspired by God ever since.
The Mormons believe that Christ contacted Joseph Smith Jr. and added additional information to Christianity. These additional works can be found in "The Book of Mormon", "Doctrine and Covenants" and the "Pearl of Great Price".
Are they wrong? Were the ancient Jews wrong to believe that the Books of the New Testament shouldn't be followed?
Things aren't so cut and dry.
Here's what I believe... I believe in Yahweh, the God of Judaism, the Father of Christ. And I believe in Christ. And I believe that Christ's birth, life, death, and resurrection represented a new covenant between God and mankind.
No longer were God's people required to follow the 613 laws and commandments of the Old Testament. There is evidence of this belief throughout the New Testament.
We are now saved by our belief in Christ; through our good deeds to others and our belief in God. Christ died for our sins.
I think we have some common beliefs.
Obviously, I don't make these comments lightly. See, I've been told for too long that being gay is a sin. And I've spent a great deal of time studying to see if that is true. I've also spent a long time in prayerful communication with God and the Holy Spirit.
I didn't come to my conclusions without research, questioning, and challenging myself.
VV,

Still waiting for you to explain how my joke is racist to the 93% of African Americans who voted for a bi-racial president.

You can run, but you can't hide...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#208469 Aug 10, 2013
~At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.

~The reunion of a man and woman in marriage reflects the very roots of earliest human existence, genderless life.

Go back in a ss couples' history, and what do you find? Immediately? A mother and father.

While at the same that time marriage connects us to the past, it also is birthing future humanity.

A ss couple? No past, and no future. A duplicate gendered half of marriage making the hilarious claim they are the same.

~A 'contractual' agreement executed by the government? That's the essence of marriage to you? Doesn't that seem extremely dumbed down?

~"Been that way for a long time"? Marriage has existed in every single culture for all of human history. THAT'S a long time.

Ss couples have NEVER established themselves in all that time in a single culture and spread. The present imposed experiment is far too short to provide an exception.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
bye bye

Bellflower, CA

#208470 Aug 10, 2013
?
Rotor pump

Covina, CA

#208471 Aug 10, 2013
Japan, Fukushima pumping dirty water from Nuke plant?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208472 Aug 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
~At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Wrong, it is a legal contract and always has been, there have been many different marriages all through human history, some with two people, some including many people

It has nothing whatsoever to do with evolution, as no animals have legal contracts except man.

It is as if you have been trained to say this without having the first clue to understanding any of it.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208473 Aug 10, 2013
It's just as I suspected! It's all stuff and nonsense:
"1. ebonics
A poor excuse for a failure to grasp the basics of english. When in doubt, throw an "izzle" sound in the middle of any word of just string random thoughts together and insinuate that they actually mean something. When backed into a corner, you can always claim that it has something to do with a sort of symbolism or is a defining trait that makes your race great, versus own up to the fact that it is essentially laziness at it's finest. 2. ebonics
Ebonics is really the study of the rules applied to turn English into some uneducated sounding pseudo-language whose purpose is for the most part to insult and denigrate "Whitey". 3. ebonics
A "variation" of English entirely made up of slang and southern word shortenings. It is generally spoken in the "hood" (neighborhood) and has almost no defined syntactical structure. Also of note is the almost complete lack of conjugation of verbs ("I be", "she be", "thems be", etc) and the mixing of pronouns. When spoken in any educated circles, its usage usually screams "I am illiterate."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#208474 Aug 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
VV,
Still waiting for you to explain how my joke is racist to the 93% of African Americans who voted for a bi-racial president.
Your joke is saying that 93% of African Americans have an IQ of 50 because they voted for Obama. That is a racist joke.

Who cares if Obama is biracial?

Your joke makes a blanket statement about the intellectual capabilities of a minority race.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208475 Aug 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
VV,
I wouldn't wait too long for that explanation, it isn't coming. Nor is an explanation of how the SSSB crowd brings in extra wisdom, or enriches us with its presence.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208476 Aug 10, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, it is a legal contract and always has been, there have been many different marriages all through human history, some with two people, some including many people
It has nothing whatsoever to do with evolution, as no animals have legal contracts except man.
It is as if you have been trained to say this without having the first clue to understanding any of it.

Thank you for providing some evidence of the validity of Polygamy, it's a shame that you canot provide the same for SSSB "marriage"..
And, I doubt if KiMare has received any "re-education", I don't believe that he works for the same company that you do... We understand your mute plea for sympathy, D, it's just that we don't agree with your acceptance of the corporate shackles, it's your own damn fault for accepting such a job.... You should go and find another McJob, they'd probably let you post whatever you wish to post...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208477 Aug 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your joke is saying that 93% of African Americans have an IQ of 50 because they voted for Obama. That is a racist joke.
Your joke makes a blanket statement about the intellectual capabilities of a minority race.
"Who cares if Obama is biracial?" Why, you do. You are the one trying to make it into a racial joke, through your introduction of his race. This joke had no mention of race, until you brought it up. This makes YOU the racist, not the joke. You DO see that, don't you? The joke pointed out that anyone who voted for Obammy had an IQ of 50. Stop being a racist. You're getting as bad as Super D, that bastion of lies and irrelevancy..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208478 Aug 10, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, we all know that 93% of African Americans have an IQ of 50. It's the other 7% that are a credit to the race. Give me Neil DeGrasse Tyson for President, any day of the week...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208479 Aug 10, 2013
All I get is a mere 9 Luckies per? Damn, you gays suck...Frankie and Laughing Man got 45 per. What am I doing wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is dr Carl Bergstrom out of prison Sep 13 Marino 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Sep 8 Tberruiser 1,555
Lost wedding ring on Carmel beach Sep 6 Rey 1
East Garrison ... Gold or Ghetto? Aug '17 NoJigsPlease 1
who is the best hung man in Carmel Jul '17 Joe 4
Marina infested with gang boys (Mar '11) Jul '17 Losers join gangs 19
News Trump's North Korea red line could come back to... (Jan '17) Jul '17 Mark 12

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages