Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201845 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#208407 Aug 9, 2013
Cover your head, Frankie. There's an El Emo coming through.

*snicker*
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208408 Aug 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Rock, I have seen pictures, you are way way wrong, the twins are magnificent.
...They're fake...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208409 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Emo's turned NASA monkey.
Push those buttons, Emo!
I yanked his chain real hard earlier. He's all upset. Snarling mad.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208410 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. I don't understand what you mean. You should Google it.
Never gets old!
Then he has the balls to come back like nothing happened. Big D's cousin?
....totally....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208411 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. I don't understand what you mean. You should Google it.
Never gets old!
Then he has the balls to come back like nothing happened. Big D's cousin?
Wait a minnit... I posted too quickly. It's one of his goose-stepping kids.
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#208412 Aug 9, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Suzanne...
Firstly, you seem to be under the impression that the Holy Spirit can only communicate with Paul. And I don't find that to be the case. We all are able to communicate with the Holy Spirit.
And let me be very clear that many, many gay Christians have been moved by the Holy Spirit to understand that they were created just as God intended for them to be.
My own personal relationship with God supports this belief. I have been told that my being gay was His doing. He came into my heart and gave me great peace the day that He let me know that he hadn't made a mistake in making me a gay man.
Secondly, you obviously are familiar with various verses from scripture that indicate homosexuality is forbidden.
But I would submit that there are verses in scripture that clearly indicate that women should be submissive to men (and I'm a man). And that women should remain silent with regards to spiritual matters--that they should consult with their own husbands if they have religious questions.
Because of this, should we ignore what you say? You are a woman after all. Shouldn't we insist that you stop talking about scripture and have your husband get on this forum to discuss this issue?
I don't think so...
But if you're going to be a literalist, then you have to follow all of the "rules"; not just the ones that you wish to follow.
I wrote a full page about 20 minutes ago and it did not go on the forum. It must have been to long, so I will only address your comments on my posts about ready Scripture and by what Authority. My husband and I are in this together, for he does not type, but he listens to all that I write to and agrees that I am in the right Spirit of Christ to write what I write. This forum by all means is not a Church or any type of Christian gathering. In my opinion, it is the most wicked forum I have ever addressed. I have my husband's covering in writing on this forum, for he says that same things that I say all the time. When I am at a Christian gathering, I do not absurp authority above any man. I only speak to men about Christ and witness to them if they are not Christians. I do not know if you are trying to trap me, but I do obey God's Word as much as possible, for I am still learning. I do things different today than I would have done 5 years ago, because I am still learning. I use to go to the movie theatres of which I really enjoyed very much, now I would not go near them with a 10 foot pole. There is nothing of course in Scripture about a movie theatres, but the Holy Spirit is with me and has let me know through my Spirit that I do not belong there.

I am very busy right now, but will get back to you about homosexuality. I have lots to say in God's Word if you are willing to hear what God says for his word is the same "YESTERAY, TODAY AND FOREVER". Amen & Amen
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208413 Aug 9, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
He's got you pegged, and you know it. Stop dancing.
Jizzy Poof takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Sign of a lunkhead. His usual response is "duh". I don't know why he bothers. But I'm glad he does. Fun.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#208414 Aug 9, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do. They just can't show that they love hearing the truth.
Seriously, since we don't back down, which is far and few between anymore, I wonder if one or two of them see us as the closest to parents they'll ever have.

I guess I wouldn't admit it either.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208415 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
Cover your head, Frankie. There's an El Emo coming through.
*snicker*
He's real mad at me. Funny stuff! Takes this seriously. Like Jizzy-Poof.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208416 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever logic possessed the fool to try to speak Ebonics escapes me. And then to hack it up like that. "Duh, girlfriend, biatch, duh"
That's why I like the silly dope.
...He be illin', and shit...
Snizzle, my fizzle, to the hizzle.

P.S. What the hell did I say, at the end? I'm not "urban and, therefore, relevant"?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#208417 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I yanked his chain real hard earlier. He's all upset. Snarling mad.
That's the most I've ever heard it say. Type a few words and post. Type a few words and post.

Strange.

What did you do?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208418 Aug 9, 2013
U know wrote:
You know Frankie NO ONE cares about your and your pathetic friends poster here anymore.
Yes.
Yes, we do.
We all give Frankie a "High Five!" and a "Woot" to boot....

Feelin' me, B?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#208419 Aug 9, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
...He be illin', and shit...
Snizzle, my fizzle, to the hizzle.
P.S. What the hell did I say, at the end? I'm not "urban and, therefore, relevant"?
Something about tea and crumpets?

Fo' shizzle!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208420 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that Dangerous HandsŪ, that stain from Chicago that we're supposed to babysit, couldn't post a link either.
And they claim to "intellectual".
That's because I went to Chicago and beat his ass senseless....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208421 Aug 9, 2013
I'm more......"suburban and, therefore, educated"....
It's why I don't want to read, or hear, Ebonics....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208423 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Something about tea and crumpets?
Fo' shizzle!
Oh, I see....

Wait....
I don't get it....
Is that what that was all about?
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#208424 Aug 9, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because I went to Chicago and beat his ass senseless....
LAFF!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208425 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the most I've ever heard it say. Type a few words and post. Type a few words and post.
Strange.
What did you do?
Whatever it was, I want him to do it again. But, with more vigor....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208427 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
LAFF!
And, while I was doing that, I was shouting all that "Fizzle my schnizzle...." stuff. I didn't know what I was saying, or if it made any sense, but it sounded badass....I had all the brothers givin' me "mad props" and "mondo street cred and shit..."
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208428 Aug 9, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Yes, we do.
We all give Frankie a "High Five!" and a "Woot" to boot....
Feelin' me, B?
High Five!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HBO's 'Big Little Lies' starring Nicole Kidman ... Tue Julie Jane 1
News Environmental groups now back revised Carmel Ri... Tue Julie Jane 1
News Monterey native Rachel Roy: I'm not 'Becky with... Tue Julie Jane 1
News HBO's 'Big Little Lies' starring Nicole Kidman ... Tue Julie Jane 1
News Giant, inflatable whale to land at San Carlos B... Tue Julie Jane 1
News Monterey Naval Postgraduate School stabbing sus... Tue Julie Jane 1
News Fake red zones painted on Garden Road in Monterey Apr 26 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages