Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,321

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208233 Aug 9, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to "strick" with my previous contention that God created each of us exactly as he intended. Living an honest life can never be a sin in God's eyes.
If so I still think you are wrong, he made a mistake with Frankie
well

Round Lake, IL

#208235 Aug 9, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to "strick" with my previous contention that God created each of us exactly as he intended. Living an honest life can never be a sin in God's eyes.
"strick" LOL...Do you think Patti got some new socks?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208236 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been hearing that kooky propaganda for what, 2 thousand years or so?
Talk is cheap. Prove it.
Since 2013. Maybe in 2014 though. Probably not.
suzanne henderson

Placerville, CA

#208237 Aug 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not subscribe to any religious belief, nor do I ever expect to
You have already been shown how you are not following your bible, you pick and choose passages just like the rest of them do.
I donít really blame you for that, because nearly every passage can be countered with another, but yes you pick and choose, just like everyone else does.
I will not be swayed by terrorism ( threat of hell ), I will not bow to a rapist ( love me or I will torture you forever )
You can just give it up with me, I will not abide by your religion, nor any that I have seen.
I mean you no ill will, as long as you donít use your beliefs to harm others or force them to abide by your beliefs, we donít have a problem, and I wish you a nice day as well.
I am on this forum because there are people that want to deny same sex couples their rights, because of their religious beliefs, that is wrong, dead wrong, and I am profoundly thankful of our courts that they failed.
I am sorry that you feel tht I was trying to get you to believe as we do, for that is not our intent if you are not interested. There are people everywhere that we go that someone out there is hurting and needs help and we try to be available when we can to talk to people about what the Holy Spirit has taught us. As for the Scriptures, I do not pick and choose. For the Scriptures that may sound different to some, there is always a answer if you just Study the Scriptures because we try to match Scripture with Scripture and if there seems to be a difference, we take the time to find out what it is and we usually come up with a answer. My reason for being on this forum is that most people that say they are Christians that I have come across in my walk with God have no clue what the Bible even says. They go to a Church and just believe what their pastor says and from our experience, most of the pastors that we have come across in the past 55 years are having offerings in the Church which we are totally against and they preach what people want to hear, rather than what God teaches in Scripture. When Apostle Paul preached, he preached the Word of God and preached freely without charge. If someone would want to donate, it should be between them and God and to choose what type of organization that they want to send to. We had our own fellowship for 10 years when we were younger. We did not take a offering and we were not connected to any denomination. We just asked people to come to a gathering for a pot luck, sing and if they wanted to stay for a Bible Study, then they would stay and if they wanted to leave, they left, but most of them would stay even if they were athiest because they were curious. Sometimes they would come back because they began to trust us and like us and wanted to hear my husband teach because he would not deviate from what God wrote. If they had opinions, he would ask them to back it up with Scripture and we ended up and had a great time of fellowship together. It was not easy because we live in a home owners Assoc. and we had to fight for our rights every year to keep our fellowship going because of rules and regulations, but you cannot discriminate, so they had to let us have our own get together like all the other people living in the area with their parties that we did not attend. My husband and I have had some type of ministry in our home since we were married and we were never connected to any Church doing this. We learned the Scriptures from our own Studying and being very sincere about it. God has Blessed us for staying together and given us health to be able to continue in His Work when we have opportunities.

Thank you again for your response and just maybe someone out there will listen to God's Words, not mine.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208238 Aug 9, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
It is believed by some to be the burial shroud of Jesus of Nazareth, despite radiocarbon dating evidence placing its origins in the Medieval period.- wiki
Yeah but Jesus was a fairly popular name back then, I am sure someone ( probably more than one ) person named Jesus was crucified, thousands upon thousands of people were crucified.

It was a popular way to kill people.

every survivor of the 3rd servile revolt was crucified, over 8,000 individuals.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208239 Aug 9, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
"strick" LOL...Do you think Patti got some new socks?
Jizzy Poof did.
well

Round Lake, IL

#208240 Aug 9, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a step in the right direction.
It's hypocritical that you consider that marriage equality. Other good people are still being denied.
Frankie why are you so interested in polygamy? You can't even find one woman to marry you...how do you think you are going to find multiple women to marry?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208241 Aug 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Frankly, I am sorry, but you can not force a woman to marry you. Have you thought about buying a wife from say Russia?
http://www.google.com/url ...
Is that the website where you got your wife? I heard those mail order bride marriages often end badly. How's yours working out so far?

Myself, I'm not interested in getting married. If I were, I have a much better candidate in mind.

What I was talking about was you using religion against marriage equality.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#208242 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the sphincter cruiser.
See the trailer trash from TN is finally up, ready to spend your pitiful day ridiculing and belittle people on Topix? Should have left it alone skid mark..but then a bigoted asstroll like you is only after attention, sad this the only way you can attempt to get it. Fk off.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208243 Aug 9, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you feel tht I was trying to get you to believe as we do, for that is not our intent if you are not interested. There are people everywhere that we go that someone out there is hurting and needs help and we try to be available when we can to talk to people about what the Holy Spirit has taught us. As for the Scriptures, I do not pick and choose. For the Scriptures that may sound different to some, there is always a answer if you just Study the Scriptures because we try to match Scripture with Scripture and if there seems to be a difference, we take the time to find out what it is and we usually come up with a answer. My reason for being on this forum is that most people that say they are Christians that I have come across in my walk with God have no clue what the Bible even says. They go to a Church and just believe what their pastor says and from our experience, most of the pastors that we have come across in the past 55 years are having offerings in the Church which we are totally against and they preach what people want to hear, rather than what God teaches in Scripture. When Apostle Paul preached, he preached the Word of God and preached freely without charge. If someone would want to donate, it should be between them and God and to choose what type of organization that they want to send to. We had our own fellowship for 10 years when we were younger. We did not take a offering and we were not connected to any denomination. We just asked people to come to a gathering for a pot luck, sing and if they wanted to stay for a Bible Study, then they would stay and if they wanted to leave, they left, but most of them would stay even if they were athiest because they were curious. Sometimes they would come back because they began to trust us and like us and wanted to hear my husband teach because he would not deviate from what God wrote. If they had opinions, he would ask them to back it up with Scripture and we ended up and had a great time of fellowship together. It was not easy because we live in a home owners Assoc. and we had to fight for our rights every year to keep our fellowship going because of rules and regulations, but you cannot discriminate, so they had to let us have our own get together like all the other people living in the area with their parties that we did not attend. My husband and I have had some type of ministry in our home since we were married and we were never connected to any Church doing this. We learned the Scriptures from our own Studying and being very sincere about it. God has Blessed us for staying together and given us health to be able to continue in His Work when we have opportunities.
Thank you again for your response and just maybe someone out there will listen to God's Words, not mine.
Stick a few breaks in there or else Veryverbose will get upset. Just double space once in a while between chunks of it, so vv doesn't have a conniption fit.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208245 Aug 9, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Nowhere in that joke was there mention of a color.
Libtards are nothing without Knee-Jerk Ideology©.
They create a problem and then blame it on you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#208246 Aug 9, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
( snipped as to loong to reply to )
I am involved in charities, I help people that need help
I am a veteran and served my country
I am a father and grandfather and love and protect my children

You donít have to believe in a religion to be a good and decent person.

Just remember that when you talk to people.

With a child you need a threat to get them to do what is right, a punishment, go to your room, no tv, or what have you.

That tends to backfire with adults

Most adults do what is right, because it is right regardless of a reward or punishment, well... most of the time anyway.

Yes we still need police, and the threat of jail, and so forth, but most good law abiding adults are not that way because of the threat of jail.

They are that way because it is the right thing to do, they are grown up

I think it is time the human race grows up. We should move past the threat of everlasting torture in an afterlife as a threat to make us a good person. Which is what your religion and most religions were designed to do. To give the little people ( us ) hope of a perfect world in an afterlife ( that way they donít have to actually do anything for us in this life ) and to threaten us with torture in an afterlife ( because they cant actually torture us in this life ) to act the way they want us to act.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208248 Aug 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but Jesus was a fairly popular name back then, I am sure someone ( probably more than one ) person named Jesus was crucified, thousands upon thousands of people were crucified.
It was a popular way to kill people.
every survivor of the 3rd servile revolt was crucified, over 8,000 individuals.
You like that part too much.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208249 Aug 9, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie why are you so interested in polygamy? You can't even find one woman to marry you...how do you think you are going to find multiple women to marry?
I am not interested in a polygamous marriage for myself, or any marriage for myself. I'm just a nice guy interested in equality. So sue me!

I think supporting SSM but not Poly marriage is not really "marriage equality". So the question is, why are you against marriage equality?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#208250 Aug 9, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
To Mr. Jonah1, Thank you for your comment, good or bad, I do not get offended. First of all, I am not preaching at all to Christians. The Church which means "called out" in Greek is the Church and most of the forum, in my opinion, are not believers, so it would not make any difference what I say or talk about. Apostle Paul was talking in I Timothy 2:12 to the believers only in the Church. This is not a Church by any means on this forum. I have been on alot of sites in the past few years, and in my opinion, this is farther away from Christianity than any other forum. If you believe that the Bible is full of fables, why are you quoting from it? If I can reach one person for Christ in this forum for His Glory, it will be worth it all. You can call me all the names you want because you are not offending me personally, you are offending the Creator and someday, you will be accountable for all that you are saying to Him, not me. May God send someone in your life that will help you see the Truth before it is to late, for HE IS COMING BACK SOONER THAN YOU THINK!!
1) I quote from it, because it exists. Just like I would quote from Dr. Seuss. And quoting from Dr. Seuss is just as meaningful and insightful as your ridiculous bible. I also quote from it to demonstrate how hypocritical people like you are. How you pick and choose what parts of the book you will ignore.

2) Go reach your one person somewhere else. You've been told your message is not desired here. Your bible instructs you that once you have been told that, you are to move on. See again the hypocrisy thing I was talking about.

3) I never called you a name. At least not yet, but it's coming.

4) I can't offend something that doesn't exist. Nor will I ever be accountable to it. That includes your version of god. The one that raped a little girl and ordered the death of innocent children.

5) If your god sending people into my life is exemplified by you, than no thanks. I don't do batshyt crazy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208251 Aug 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am involved in charities, I help people that need help
I am a veteran and served my country
I am a father and grandfather and love and protect my children
You donít have to believe in a religion to be a good and decent person.
Just remember that when you talk to people.
With a child you need a threat to get them to do what is right, a punishment, go to your room, no tv, or what have you.
That tends to backfire with adults
Most adults do what is right, because it is right regardless of a reward or punishment, well... most of the time anyway.
Yes we still need police, and the threat of jail, and so forth, but most good law abiding adults are not that way because of the threat of jail.
They are that way because it is the right thing to do, they are grown up
I think it is time the human race grows up. We should move past the threat of everlasting torture in an afterlife as a threat to make us a good person. Which is what your religion and most religions were designed to do. To give the little people ( us ) hope of a perfect world in an afterlife ( that way they donít have to actually do anything for us in this life ) and to threaten us with torture in an afterlife ( because they cant actually torture us in this life ) to act the way they want us to act.
There are plenty of religious threads where you can brag how wonderful you are. This one is about marriage equality, religion is irrelevant here.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#208252 Aug 9, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít negotiate with terrorists.
Negotiating with terrorists only encourages them to use terror and evil as their primary weapon.
The more you threaten everlasting torture, the more people will be convinced they should not worship that evil belief even if it was a God.
Brilliant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208253 Aug 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Then what you biatchen bout girl friend. Religion, what you talkin bout girlfriend you can get married even if you are a godless heathen.
Say wha? Calm down Jizzy Poof.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208254 Aug 9, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Then what you biatchen bout girl friend. Religion, what you talkin bout girlfriend you can get married even if you are a godless heathen.
Anyone know what this moron is trying to say? I'm sure there's some kind of dopey-Jizzy point to it but it eludes me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208255 Aug 9, 2013
Now Jizzy Poof is speaking in ebonics to impress upon us his tolerance and diversity but it's coming out all wrong. He's not really a racist, just a dope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) 10 hr Barack the Yellow 1,518
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jan 27 JOEL 71,541
Multiple suspects in custody for Seaside shootings Jan 15 Anonymous 1
Peninsula high school students arrested in 'fig... (Sep '09) Jan 7 trey 108
Other border states shun Arizona's immigration law (May '10) Jan 6 colton case 9,053
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec '14 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec '14 Clint 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:40 am PST