Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
180,581 - 180,600 of 200,667 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208095 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to stay in this country you really need to learn what the words people use mean.
Someone else was preaching, and I let them know that they are free to preach all they want, as long as they donít try and apply their rules to anyone else.
I donít care that you donít comprehend what is being said, I donít care that you have no grasp of English, I am not interested in explaining 3rd grade level words to you.
You simply are not bright enough to be in this or any conversation.
Hey, tovarich, when are YOU leaving? Isn't your visa expired yet? You were asked to produce the statement that drew your silly little retort that Franks permission wasn't asked for? You, of course, didn't have any way to produce said post. So, you produce more tripe.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208096 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít worry about it, the people I was responding to did understand what I said, It doesnít matter to me if you did or not.
Well, if you wish to speak "Gibberish", have at it. They deserve to listen to you. The rest of us, however, do not. STFU, you bought-and-paid-for troll.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208097 Aug 8, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, again, attempting to speak for a majority. Shuddup.
We wouldn't agree on the time of day, you'd tell me that it was high noon, while the sun sets, and then tell me that "All REAL Americans" know that sundown is noon....Then, you mock my rather expensive watch, and point to your I-Pod and tell me that all "REAL Americans" use an I-Pod to know what time it is, and "only traitors" try to tell what time it is, by looking at the sun...Or a quality watch. Then, when I pointed out that Swiss watches were the finest in the world, you'd look away and later claim that you couldn't possibly remember everything that we'd discussed. Then, I'd throw a drink in your face and you'd claim that you've never had a drink thrown in your face, as you wiped your face dry....
High five!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208098 Aug 8, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a d1ckhead.
Boy do I know it. Jizzy looks up to him. "Sup D?" Sucks up to him! Too funny. Jizzy thinks Big D is the most reasonable man in the world.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208099 Aug 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
A guy goes into a bar and there is a robot bartender. The robot says,
"What will you have?" The guy says "Martini." The robot brings back
the best martini ever and says to the man, "What's your IQ?" The guy
says, "168." The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space
exploration and medical technology.
The guy leaves, but he is curious, so he goes back into the bar. The
robot bartender says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Martini".
Again, the robot makes a great martini, gives it to the man and says,
"What's your IQ?" The guy says, "100." The robot then starts to talk
about Nascar, Budweiser and John Deere tractors.
The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will
try it one more time. He goes back into the bar. The robot says, "What
will you have?" The guy says, "Martini", and the robot brings him
another great martini. The robot then says, "What's your IQ?" The guy
says, "Uh, about 50."
The robot leans in real close and says, "So... you people still happy
you voted for Obama?"
That's funny! Thanks for that one...
Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#208100 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy do I know it. Jizzy looks up to him. "Sup D?" Sucks up to him! Too funny. Jizzy thinks Big D is the most reasonable man in the world.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TDNS49EM3...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208101 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, most people that donít care about SSM are not posting on this forum, they must be trolls :)
No, liar. They're the ones not flipping me off or giving me a thumbs-up on the freeway. The "REAL" majority of Americans has no opinion on the matter. As I've told you, repeatedly.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#208102 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well duh.
What fun would that be?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208103 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Even fewer care about you.
Says you? I bet he has more of a fan club than you...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208104 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you helping the SSM cause?
By making retarded insults against Frankie. Never even mentioning SSM.
He's not. He's just blowing chunks...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208105 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Criticize Frankie?- Tolerant and diverse poster who deserves to be here!
Criticize SSM supporters?- Big mean nasty TROLL who shouldn't be here!
Criticize SSM opposers - Tolerant and diverse poster who deserves to be here!
We know the drill.
Rainbow 101: Use bigotry. Use it to fight perceived bigotry. Explain it away as "noble".
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208106 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear hear! Ah, that felt good!
Thank you.
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208107 Aug 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Deeply racist...
Please, explain this preposterous post?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208108 Aug 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock... Thankfully, we gay people don't have to prove anything to you. If you choose to believe that we don't contribute to society--that we aren't beneficial, that's your opinion. I answered your question as a courtesy.
Here in the U.S., it's not illegal to be gay and it's not illegal to petition the courts, petition legislators, or sway public opinion to garner rights and protections we believe we deserve.
To be honest, I think it pleases me that you are unhappy with the state of affairs re: rights for gays. You guys have had no problem busting our chops for decades. I think it's time you had a taste of your own medicine.
If you give me your address, I'll keep you personally updated with regards the advances that we make in the years to come.
For an overly-medicated, alleged "social worker", I expected more from you.
1) I haven't asked you if h0m0s contribute to society.
2) You may be beneficial, but that isn't because of your SSSB.
3) It may not be illegal, but it is a frivilous waste of resources to make our government focus on sexual behavior.
4) Of course it please you. You are petty.
5) You may not have my address, but, if you wish, you may let me know when you arrive in my town, so that I may throw that drink in your face.
6) "Busting your chops", as you put it, hasn't been my pursuit. You have the wrong target. I'm against calling yourselves "married", when that flies in the face of all that we know to be right.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208109 Aug 8, 2013
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
Jizzy is too.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208110 Aug 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody send this man some Kleenex...
Please, do so. It will make a wonderful pilot light for the flame-thrower...
Keep making jokes about the downfall of our country. It will hasten the arrival of our demise. At that point, you will need some Kleenex of your own. You'll be crying "We just got the right to marry. How could this country fall NOW? It'sSO UNFAIR!!!"
Clearly, you are not upset about the unravelling of our society. How could you be? You'd never have the guts to defend her. You just want to control how the rest of us live. A parasite. That's all you are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208111 Aug 8, 2013
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
Jade's automatic deleter broke.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208113 Aug 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
How many generations have bemoaned the youth of the world? Yet the world kept spinning. People kept being born. And one way or another we pulled through.
I got a news flash for you:
We aren't "pulling through". We are in a death spiral. You might see nothing wrong with that, but I, and others, do. It is terminal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208114 Aug 8, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Rainbow 101: Use bigotry. Use it to fight perceived bigotry. Explain it away as "noble".
It's not bigotry when Big D does it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208115 Aug 8, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
:-D
Big D is truly insufferable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,109
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr papersup 15,974
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 hr memo maddnes 5,020
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info