Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208087 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe in whichever God or Goddess or pantheon of Gods and Goddesses you choose to in this country. We are a nation that has the freedom of religion, al treated equally in the eyes of the law from Anasi to Zoroaster
As long as you donít try and apply your specific beliefs through legislation to others that are not of your belief, we do not have a problem.
Shuddup. You were the one attempting (uselessly) to say that religious people should be arrested in public schools. I disproved this..."Sigh" ....as always. You ignored this. "Sigh"...Now, you attempt to flip-flop and post that someone is free to practice religion? You're psychotic.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208088 Aug 8, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people already do skip right on past our posts...
If that's the case, why bother writing at all?
What else do you expect? You post drivel. Of course we skip past them.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208089 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does anyone need yours, I am just reminding them that their religion is as important as any other religion, no more, and no less in the eyes of the law.
So.....we were discussing your propensity for telling lies....
Oh, wait a minnit, no "WE" weren't. You were ducking, doging, diving, evading, ignoring, dancing, pontificating...maybe, you were about to send one of your little Nazi thug children to my door, for a little "re-education"? Hope his/her dental insurance is all paid up....
Drier

Monrovia, CA

#208090 Aug 8, 2013
Nancy boy is a derogatory term used to describe an effeminate man. Lindsey Graham periodically has been the target of similar rhetoric and questions about his sexuality.

Where does Lindsey stand or sit on the topic or is it much like drier?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208091 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I suspect nearly everyone here would agree on over 90% of issues, they just focus on what they donít agree on.
There you go, again, attempting to speak for a majority. Shuddup.
We wouldn't agree on the time of day, you'd tell me that it was high noon, while the sun sets, and then tell me that "All REAL Americans" know that sundown is noon....Then, you mock my rather expensive watch, and point to your I-Pod and tell me that all "REAL Americans" use an I-Pod to know what time it is, and "only traitors" try to tell what time it is, by looking at the sun...Or a quality watch. Then, when I pointed out that Swiss watches were the finest in the world, you'd look away and later claim that you couldn't possibly remember everything that we'd discussed. Then, I'd throw a drink in your face and you'd claim that you've never had a drink thrown in your face, as you wiped your face dry....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208092 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
But Big D. I never pompously offered my permission. You did.
You don't "remind" us, you condescendingly preach to us. Like a dreaded pastor. A pompous pastor!
He's a d1ckhead.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208093 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does anyone need yours, I am just reminding them that their religion is as important as any other religion, no more, and no less in the eyes of the law.
Please, show where Frank offered any permission?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208094 Aug 8, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I MIGHT have arguments for or against what she says, but good God, looking at her posts leaves me feeling like I've just see a "word brick".
It's tightly constructed with NO space between thought streams.
It's like listening to a monotone pastor who never takes a breath.
At least with my postings I try to separate my thoughts so they read almost like bullet points.
And I'll never apologize for the length of my posts; especially not to you.
Admit it... You're usually cowed by what I write. You're completely stumped. Your only retort is "It's too long".
I suspect that you've never heard a woman say those words to you.
Can you Google that, so that "guest" may know what "Poof" meant when you posted that?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208095 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to stay in this country you really need to learn what the words people use mean.
Someone else was preaching, and I let them know that they are free to preach all they want, as long as they donít try and apply their rules to anyone else.
I donít care that you donít comprehend what is being said, I donít care that you have no grasp of English, I am not interested in explaining 3rd grade level words to you.
You simply are not bright enough to be in this or any conversation.
Hey, tovarich, when are YOU leaving? Isn't your visa expired yet? You were asked to produce the statement that drew your silly little retort that Franks permission wasn't asked for? You, of course, didn't have any way to produce said post. So, you produce more tripe.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208096 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Donít worry about it, the people I was responding to did understand what I said, It doesnít matter to me if you did or not.
Well, if you wish to speak "Gibberish", have at it. They deserve to listen to you. The rest of us, however, do not. STFU, you bought-and-paid-for troll.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208097 Aug 8, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, again, attempting to speak for a majority. Shuddup.
We wouldn't agree on the time of day, you'd tell me that it was high noon, while the sun sets, and then tell me that "All REAL Americans" know that sundown is noon....Then, you mock my rather expensive watch, and point to your I-Pod and tell me that all "REAL Americans" use an I-Pod to know what time it is, and "only traitors" try to tell what time it is, by looking at the sun...Or a quality watch. Then, when I pointed out that Swiss watches were the finest in the world, you'd look away and later claim that you couldn't possibly remember everything that we'd discussed. Then, I'd throw a drink in your face and you'd claim that you've never had a drink thrown in your face, as you wiped your face dry....
High five!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#208098 Aug 8, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a d1ckhead.
Boy do I know it. Jizzy looks up to him. "Sup D?" Sucks up to him! Too funny. Jizzy thinks Big D is the most reasonable man in the world.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208099 Aug 8, 2013
KiMare wrote:
A guy goes into a bar and there is a robot bartender. The robot says,
"What will you have?" The guy says "Martini." The robot brings back
the best martini ever and says to the man, "What's your IQ?" The guy
says, "168." The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space
exploration and medical technology.
The guy leaves, but he is curious, so he goes back into the bar. The
robot bartender says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Martini".
Again, the robot makes a great martini, gives it to the man and says,
"What's your IQ?" The guy says, "100." The robot then starts to talk
about Nascar, Budweiser and John Deere tractors.
The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will
try it one more time. He goes back into the bar. The robot says, "What
will you have?" The guy says, "Martini", and the robot brings him
another great martini. The robot then says, "What's your IQ?" The guy
says, "Uh, about 50."
The robot leans in real close and says, "So... you people still happy
you voted for Obama?"
That's funny! Thanks for that one...
Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#208100 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy do I know it. Jizzy looks up to him. "Sup D?" Sucks up to him! Too funny. Jizzy thinks Big D is the most reasonable man in the world.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TDNS49EM3...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208101 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, most people that donít care about SSM are not posting on this forum, they must be trolls :)
No, liar. They're the ones not flipping me off or giving me a thumbs-up on the freeway. The "REAL" majority of Americans has no opinion on the matter. As I've told you, repeatedly.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#208102 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well duh.
What fun would that be?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208103 Aug 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Even fewer care about you.
Says you? I bet he has more of a fan club than you...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208104 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you helping the SSM cause?
By making retarded insults against Frankie. Never even mentioning SSM.
He's not. He's just blowing chunks...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208105 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Criticize Frankie?- Tolerant and diverse poster who deserves to be here!
Criticize SSM supporters?- Big mean nasty TROLL who shouldn't be here!
Criticize SSM opposers - Tolerant and diverse poster who deserves to be here!
We know the drill.
Rainbow 101: Use bigotry. Use it to fight perceived bigotry. Explain it away as "noble".
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#208106 Aug 8, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear hear! Ah, that felt good!
Thank you.
:-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seaside street name could honor Obama (Feb '10) Fri Apathy 99
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 19 rabbee yehoshooah... 71,942
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Apr 18 BrocSD 8
News Four suspects still at large in Monterey Penins... Apr 15 M JC 29 1
News Jewish-Christian charity helps Ukrainians move ... Apr 3 Azat 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Apr 2 svorpion 1,531
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar '15 mando 12
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]