Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201860 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Ozzoa

Covina, CA

#207944 Aug 7, 2013
Not a chance but maybe tomorrow?
suzanne henderson

Shingle Springs, CA

#207945 Aug 7, 2013
I see that some of you profane Christ name and if you really knew who he is, you would never do such a thing. Jesus (Yeshua) is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who died so that you and I could have eternal life forever with him. If you would only search him out while he may be found for you will be greatly surprized what kind of new life you can have that will be meaning to all that you are around. May God help you!!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207946 Aug 7, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
It seems as though that "laughing man" takes up alot of the forum and alot of it is against Christianity. I am putting him on my prayer list so that maybe, I mean maybe, he will finally someday see what life is all about and give Christianity a chance. He is not alone because there is millions of others that are in the same boat and he still can be forgiven no matter what he says now if he would only see that life is short and you do not know when it will be over. For me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
"forgiven" for what, and by what?

Tell us why your "god" (it doesn't deserve capitalization) did nothing when children were fried alive at Waco Texas, "old lady".

Tell us about Jessica Lunsford, the little girl in Florida that was snatched from her room and buried alive. Where was "god" when she needed one?

Where was "god" when Zahra Baker was hacked to bits?

Why are there childrens hospitals and nursing homes?

I notice the "old lady" never addresses the effete "god" who does nothing. None of them ever do. Reckon why? I suspect they'd start crying and never stop once they recognized what saps they've been.

Drop some money in MY plate, y'all.
sheesh

Leesburg, VA

#207947 Aug 7, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Hint:
Neil Patrick Harris french kisses a dog on international television for the SECOND time this year, and apparently I'm the only one who rails against the Decadence.
If they'll do creepy shit like that, if they have no Boundaries whatsoever, then certainly no human child is safe.
Aw c'mon chuckles! I see a lot of dogs in my line of work. The vast majority of them are owned by heterosexuals. A lot of people permit their dogs to like them about the mouth and face. I don't encourage the behavior but have to admit I've been surprise ambushed by a dog licking my face on too many occasions to remember. Not my cup o tea by any means. Job hazard.

One of the best dang field trials lab breeders I had was a 100% heterosexual God fearin' man. He'd let his pups lick his face and mouth all day long as it is a means of communication between canids. Actually it is a submissive behavior if you want the real meaning. Keith, RIP, was all about having his dogs see him as the pack alpha male. I never grew tired of watching them work their dogs too. He had some real characters in his time on this earth.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207948 Aug 7, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
I see that some of you profane Christ name and if you really knew who he is, you would never do such a thing. Jesus (Yeshua) is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords who died so that you and I could have eternal life forever with him. If you would only search him out while he may be found for you will be greatly surprized what kind of new life you can have that will be meaning to all that you are around. May God help you!!
Repeat after me:

Jesus played the class warfare game. Jesus was a dirty hippie who played brother against brother. Matthew 10:35

Put a little extra in that plate, darlin'.

Long Beach, CA

#207949 Aug 7, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but your game of "I don't know what you're talking about" doesn't wash.
Sorry, but your lame comment doesn't wash.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207950 Aug 7, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw c'mon chuckles! I see a lot of dogs in my line of work. The vast majority of them are owned by heterosexuals. A lot of people permit their dogs to like them about the mouth and face. I don't encourage the behavior but have to admit I've been surprise ambushed by a dog licking my face on too many occasions to remember. Not my cup o tea by any means. Job hazard.
One of the best dang field trials lab breeders I had was a 100% heterosexual God fearin' man. He'd let his pups lick his face and mouth all day long as it is a means of communication between canids. Actually it is a submissive behavior if you want the real meaning. Keith, RIP, was all about having his dogs see him as the pack alpha male. I never grew tired of watching them work their dogs too. He had some real characters in his time on this earth.
It's on YouTube, Brainiac. Look it up, then tell me why Harris opens it's mouth.

Shock value, Brainiac. The more they numb everyone, the quicker NAMBLA gets in.

Shekels in the plate, please.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207951 Aug 7, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I let my silly rat lick my hand. If he had his way he would lick my lips. Affectionate little guy. I never knew how intelligent they are. Comes when I call him, etc. Like a little dog.

Long Beach, CA

#207952 Aug 7, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
You are free to believe whatever you want. But be aware that the way you are posting on here makes you sound like a total nut case and totally turns people off from wanting to listen to anything you have to say. If you really have a message to convey, tone it down and stop all the religions babble-speak. Just a suggestion, dear!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207953 Aug 7, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
It seems as though that "laughing man" takes up alot of the forum
Keeps me off the streets, and off the flying saucer Section.

I love the sound of coins hitting that plate....
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207954 Aug 7, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but your lame comment doesn't wash.
I could care less what you think, Joanie.
sheesh

Washington, DC

#207955 Aug 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I let my pet rat kiss me but not on the lips. The silly little f***er loves me like a rock. Gets all squishy faced and makes funny rat noises when I scratch his head. Drinks beer. A bit of a lush. Watches TV on my shoulder. Likes movies, documentaries and nature shows. Hates Will and Grace.(That's not true but everything else is!) It is my grandson's but it loves me best. Busts out of his cage and I wake up in the morning the silly f*** is sleeping on the pillow next to me.
One of my older brothers was into snakes and had three boa constrictors over the years. As a result we developed a mouse colony that reached a fair population. We also had our fair share of lab rats. These were all purchased and bred as feeder animals for the snakes. Snake snacks if you will. But a boat load of them ended up as our pets and were spared the big squeeze. They were pretty intelligent little creatures and we noted they generally had distinct personalities.

I recently read an article about rat social behavior. They had a cage with a trap inside it. They used rats that had been mates for an extended period of time so that there was a social relationship between them. One of the rats would be placed inside the trap and another would be inside the cage with the trap. The trap was a bit of a puzzle box made of clear plastic so the rats could see each other. There were small openings so they could make physical contact but couldn't actually be together. The "free" rat would bring the captive one food and it would also mess with the trap until it finally figured out how to free the captive one.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207956 Aug 7, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
It seems as though that "laughing man" takes up alot of the forum and alot of it is against Christianity. I am putting him on my prayer list so that maybe, I mean maybe, he will finally someday see what life is all about and give Christianity a chance. He is not alone because there is millions of others that are in the same boat and he still can be forgiven no matter what he says now if he would only see that life is short and you do not know when it will be over. For me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Too bad it's after library closing time so Big D is not here. He likes to talk about Jesus. He goes on and on! If no one else brings Jesus up, Big D will. He will be very happy you're here! You can talk Jesus stuff together.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207957 Aug 7, 2013
By the way, supposedly an "old lady" is gonna "pray for me" which means I've been judged.

Yep, a bigot is prejudiced against me. Not a bit of difference in the pyromaniacs and the Diversity fascists.

Goodnight, ladies, and don't forget to mail in those checks. Fido needs an air conditioned doghouse*.

*(reference to Jim and Tammy Faye).
sheesh

Washington, DC

#207958 Aug 7, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
It's on YouTube, Brainiac. Look it up, then tell me why Harris opens it's mouth.
Shock value, Brainiac. The more they numb everyone, the quicker NAMBLA gets in.
Shekels in the plate, please.
Yep, I go by sheesh for a reason. And this is a classic example. You're grasping at straws there, giggles. Just watched the video. All I can say in response to your claim is meh. He was being ridiculous and I've seen much worse displays from clients that are definitely straight folk.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207959 Aug 7, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe whatever you want. But be aware that the way you are posting on here makes you sound like a total nut case and totally turns people off from wanting to listen to anything you have to say. If you really have a message to convey, tone it down and stop all the religions babble-speak. Just a suggestion, dear!
Sounds exactly like script reading from "Big D", don't it?

Goodnight, ladies.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207960 Aug 7, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my older brothers was into snakes and had three boa constrictors over the years. As a result we developed a mouse colony that reached a fair population. We also had our fair share of lab rats. These were all purchased and bred as feeder animals for the snakes. Snake snacks if you will. But a boat load of them ended up as our pets and were spared the big squeeze. They were pretty intelligent little creatures and we noted they generally had distinct personalities.
I recently read an article about rat social behavior. They had a cage with a trap inside it. They used rats that had been mates for an extended period of time so that there was a social relationship between them. One of the rats would be placed inside the trap and another would be inside the cage with the trap. The trap was a bit of a puzzle box made of clear plastic so the rats could see each other. There were small openings so they could make physical contact but couldn't actually be together. The "free" rat would bring the captive one food and it would also mess with the trap until it finally figured out how to free the captive one.
We have two. Completely different personalities. One drinks beer until I cut him off, one has one rat sized beer only and doesn't want any more. They cooperate in everything. Help each other out.
Very affectionate to me and my grandson. They know their names and come when called.

My daughter in law thinks their icky so we keep them at my house. They are my grandson's. One fancy ($8), one feeder ($3). I think we should feed snakes to the rats, not vice versa. Cook em up and make rat size kabobs.
sheesh

United States

#207961 Aug 7, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
Would you be willing to explain a couple of things to me?

I cannot for the life of me see a rational relationship between Christ dying and you getting forgiven for your sins. It appears to be a non sequitur to me. I also cannot see anyone being anything less than embarrassed if someone else had to die for their bad behavior.

I hadn't given the notion much thought until I had a lengthy conversation with one of my brothers. He's deeply religious. He is Methodist and devout but questions things that don't seem to make sense.

My father, a devout Christian too, surmised that Christ didn't actually die on the cross. The cause of death is asphyxiation as the muscles that expand and contract the chest volume to inhale and exhale can't operate efficiently while one is hanging by the arms. Death typically takes several days. He wasn't left up on his cross for days as was typical in the process. He was taken down and then carried to his tomb where he arose three days later. By description the whole process is rather horrendous. Pop's theory was he went into shock and recovered some days later.

Long Beach, CA

#207962 Aug 7, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less what you think, Joanie.
That means you care. Perhaps you meant to say "I COULDN'T care less.." That would mean you don't care. Your grasp of the English language is poor. Your post failed. Smile dear!

Long Beach, CA

#207963 Aug 7, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds exactly like script reading from "Big D", don't it?
Goodnight, ladies.
You sound like the same troll as Frankie and that idiot from Ohio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are the communal showers in Monterey? 2 hr Jeremy 2
News Monterey working to prohibit alcohol, without a... May 25 DNTs 1
Review: Asian Filipino Market (Oct '12) May 20 amadeo urgonamiko 4
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) May 16 doug Gifford 1,542
News Redwood City approves highway undercrossing: Pa... May 14 Lives in Redwood ... 2
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) May 13 Cdub94 48
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) May 6 operation greylord 72,025
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages