Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207241 Aug 4, 2013
Reminds me of the time I hired a Mexican to paint my back porch. He was getting his stuff out of his truck to start the job so I went to run some errands. When I came back he was in the front loading up his truck.
I said did you paint my back porch already? He said it wasn't a porch it was a Mercedes. Lo and behold he had painted my vintage Mercedes I keep in the back yard with house paint!
laughing man

Chicago, IL

#207242 Aug 4, 2013
I touch my butt-hole and then smell my fingers. It makes me happy.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207243 Aug 4, 2013
internet tough stain wrote:
I touch my butt-hole and then smell my fingers. It makes me happy.
Of that we have no doubt whatsoever, shitferbrains.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207244 Aug 4, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VcYmbrjCAF8XX
The peanut gallery judged that post "brilliant" "agree" and "funny".

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207245 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where you're wrong. It's the writer's problem if the reader misses his brilliance. Read Vonnegut's rules for writing fiction-
http://www.novelr.com/2007/11/15/kurt-vonnegu...
So, you'd rather write to be noticed? You don't know how to write for pleasure and self-fulfillment? You need "rules" for writing--and not even your OWN rules at that.

Pity...
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207246 Aug 4, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VcYmbrjCAF8XX
Monkeys got no couth. Like Jizzy.

Long Beach, CA

#207247 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Veryverbose
Too many words
lost audience
Shutup fool.

Long Beach, CA

#207248 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Reminds me of the time I hired a Mexican to paint my back porch. He was getting his stuff out of his truck to start the job so I went to run some errands. When I came back he was in the front loading up his truck.
I said did you paint my back porch already? He said it wasn't a porch it was a Mercedes. Lo and behold he had painted my vintage Mercedes I keep in the back yard with house paint!
That's at least the THIRD time you've made that same lame post. It was dopey the first and second times. Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207249 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you'd rather write to be noticed? You don't know how to write for pleasure and self-fulfillment? You need "rules" for writing--and not even your OWN rules at that.
Pity...
Is that what you got from that? Pity.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207250 Aug 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Shutup fool.
No.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207251 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you'd rather write to be noticed?
I'd rather write to be read. You should too.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207252 Aug 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
That's at least the THIRD time you've made that same lame post. It was dopey the first and second times. Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
No.

Long Beach, CA

#207256 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Yes.

horatio_hornblow er

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#207257 Aug 5, 2013
Why do gay men always fantasize about little boys?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

horatio_hornblow er

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#207258 Aug 5, 2013
“Since the beginning of the epidemic a total of 28,793 San Francisco residents have been diagnosed with AIDS, which comprises 18% of California AIDS cases and 3% of cases reported nationally. There have been 19,341 reported AIDS deaths in San Francisco as of Dec. 31, 2010.”

http://www.sfaf.org/hiv-info/statistics/

Why is that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#207259 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear, this is a THEORY. It is not FACT. And based on the same article that YOU cherry-picked, there is no CLEAR agreement that this THEORY answers the question,“What causes some people to be born gay?”
Look at the wording throughout this article. At every point the author indicates that this is speculation and theory—a hypothesis.
For example:
--“Instead, the scientists POSIT…”
--“…brain MAY underlie sexual orientation…”
--“…that steer sexual development in males COULD promote homosexual…”
--“But, she cautioned, so far the THEORY “is not supported by any data.”
--“It’s a little bit vain to think we’ll find the answer to homosexuality as a whole.”
--“The answer, they HYPOTHESIZD, has to do with sensitivity to androgens.”
--“…the researchers HYPOTHESIZED that differences in sensitivity to these signals between male and female fetuses help mediate their sexual differentiation.”
--“But, the researchers SPECULATE perhaps they could be inherited…”
--“It ASSUMES the same mechanism [for development of sexual orientation] in both sexes ... and that androgen levels play an important role in the development of sexual orientation”—NEITHER OF WHICH HAS BEEN DEMONSTRATED, he said.”
----------
Finally, there simply is NO indication that the theory represents a defective process. In fact, McCarthy, one of the neuroscientist interviewed in the article, says “Fascinating as it may be to understand the biological basis of sexual orientation, however, not everyone is convinced it’s a necessary line of investigation.“Should we test this? Is it important for us to know?” asked McCarthy.“HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A DISEASE, IT’S A PART OF NATURAL HUMAN VARIATION. I’m not sure there’s a good reason to delve this deeply into it. I think we’ve reached the point that we have enough evidence that there’s a biological basis for sexual orientation.”
----------
Kim, I always appreciate when you post these little blurbs. It gives me an opportunity to show what is TRULY KNOWN about the origins of homosexuality—nothing.
VV, VV, VV. I've never disputed it is, at present, a theory. You know that. Keeping in mind, this is the most likely cause, by far, currently on the table!

What YOU have asserted is that even if it bears out, it is not a defect. This article simply spells out what the other references I posted indicated.

"But if epi-marks that direct sexual development ARE NOT ERASED CORRECTLY (emphasis added),"

As to McCarthy, she's covering her ass to avoid a Regnerus gay assault. Hence her defensiveness. Her very study contradicts her defense. Especially when she uses the term 'disease', when she knows it is a epi-genetic mistake.

But hey, you live in denial. Your response once again only exposes the degree once again.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#207261 Aug 5, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been skullfucking you, Caligula. Does that count?
Don't flatter yourself, because you're not capable of it.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207262 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The peanut gallery judged that post "brilliant" "agree" and "funny".
Ain't that stupid as can be? And why does it stop at 9?

And how about the tough guy came here to wet its drawers and cry about "stalking" and name changing, and what name did it use?

Hey, I don't own it, but I'm not flattered either.

:)
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207263 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity...
There's a whole industry that revolves around writing, Brainiac. Really, look it up.

You'll be pleased to know that there are homofascist writers too. Surely no self respecting polyp wrangler doesn't know of Hunter and Madsen.
Stella Rietoan RNpb

Sonoma, CA

#207264 Aug 5, 2013
Please allow Christ to deliver you. He knows the way to that secret place of rest. You dont know krapp alone. Listen for him to speak. His voice is beautiful, mysterious and not to be understood by mere mortals. Listen, children, listen. Stop thinking, whining, demanding, contradicting, beseaching, worrying, wishing...you have but to accept. Draw no needless breath of want. Be delivered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Francis Alwill General Contr (Jul '11) Apr 16 Bob Klinski 7
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 1 Bob Luvs Canada 72,071
Legit black needed ASAP Mar 30 pinsnneedles 4
News Not Dead Yet: Squid considers the bizarre encou... Mar 27 raj 3
News Letters: We need to support society (Sep '10) Mar '18 david fairhurst 19
News Restaurateur feels bite of economy (Aug '08) Mar '18 Deirdre 23
Help finding old acquaintance? Mar '18 Padre Stew Peddas... 3

Monterey Jobs

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages