Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201885 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206589 Aug 2, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Ask all the Gay parents here, how many of them make thier kids live under a double wide. The question is are you galactically stupid?
God Bless galactically stupid, God Loves you Frank
( He does however wish your parents would have remained celibate.
I did, and the answer was 43%...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206590 Aug 2, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>And the liberals all want a certain race to get ahead of another race even though they had lower credentials.
Hear, Hear!!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206591 Aug 2, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, did it really say that?
How Orwellian can they get?
Yep, it sure as hell did. Got all of the usual JUDGITS, too... Not even a murmur of disapproval from its own...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206592 Aug 2, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>

Judged:
[Funny]

[Spam]

[Nuts]

Something we have in common. To this day, I won't hunt. Life IS precious.
That's rich... I make a genuine post about the sanctity of life, and I'm "nuts" and shyte...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206593 Aug 2, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>

Judged:
[Funny]

[Spam]

[Nuts]

I'll make no jokes, I'm sure that you are a good man, apart from what we say in here. That is a great story. Good for you. Doing what you did is no small accomplishment.
Same here.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#206594 Aug 2, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
He claims to have been a Coastie. At home while the battles were elsewhere. Rear with the gear. IF he even served, which I doubt. Just a REMF, at best...
Coasties were in Nam.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206595 Aug 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Coasties were in Nam.
He claims to been busting stoners on Catalina Island and shooting warning shots at them...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206596 Aug 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Coasties were in Nam.
You should have read the post about it. "Super D" defending Catalina Island or some such Golden Gate island....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#206598 Aug 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Coasties were in Nam.
Hey look. You're nuts and spamming it and, apparently, a liar for posting this... Like me.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206599 Aug 2, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, it sure as hell did. Got all of the usual JUDGITS, too... Not even a murmur of disapproval from its own...
Like I've said, their garbage keeps piling higher and higher and the neighborhood stinks like a landfill.

But hey, they claim they're "accepted".
dudley doughrite

Sonoma, CA

#206600 Aug 2, 2013
Yuk, yuk. I get it now. you is referring to that there thing what they mentionised on the folks are talking show where they said that large lumbering lisbian lesbains is lurking near the sweat lodge and the senaters has got to stop them from eating all the insulation or we will all go to heck and the only way to fix it is to reduce taxes on the uppers class and stop obamcare or god will rain for forty days or there abouts. Okay

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#206601 Aug 2, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look. You're nuts and spamming it and, apparently, a liar for posting this... Like me.
How is stating "Coasties were in Nam" nuts?
Speedos

Covina, CA

#206602 Aug 2, 2013
Got your speedos on?

You'll nee then to be able to swim through the BS that's been posted in the last hour or so..
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206603 Aug 2, 2013
Speedos wrote:
Got your speedos on?
You'll nee then to be able to swim through the BS that's been posted in the last hour or so..
Emo, I do believe that all that global warming crap you've been mainlining has fried your brain.
Laugh an Go

Covina, CA

#206604 Aug 2, 2013
I seem to remember it was the Republican Party and hardcore members who swarmed around to protect Art L. from any political damage?

Well her we go again with the Perverts in the Republican party?

A former executive director of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County was arrested Friday for allegedly sending sexually explicit messages to a 16-year-old girl.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#206605 Aug 2, 2013
Laugh an Go wrote:
I seem to remember it was the Republican Party and hardcore members who swarmed around to protect Art L. from any political damage?
Well her we go again with the Perverts in the Republican party?
A former executive director of the Republican Party of Los Angeles County was arrested Friday for allegedly sending sexually explicit messages to a 16-year-old girl.
If true, then I say to fry the Democrap Lite.

Which means your kind will welcome it with open arms.
sheesh

Woodbridge, VA

#206606 Aug 2, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I smell tuna.
You really ought to quit playing in auntie mom's dirty underwear, fooooool!
Nancy Polosick

Petaluma, CA

#206607 Aug 2, 2013
Can I becume gay? I can fly, I can fly. Somewhere over a rainblow up so high, I can fly, I can fly.
sheesh

Woodbridge, VA

#206609 Aug 2, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
But are we old enough to know where it doesn't go, Stain Grrrrrl?
Why did it take you 18 years to figure out the pencil sharpener wasn't the right place? eh hyena boy?
sheesh

Woodbridge, VA

#206610 Aug 2, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
The wars that we have been involved in, since WWII, have been increasingly about America throwing her weight around. Viet Nam, it seems to me, was nothing more than a "weapons testing ground" that exacted a horrible toll on the youth of the time. I was younger, and more idealistic, than I am now, and see the "worthy battles" being replaced with global bullying. Wish I'd seen it earlier, but we have not been as altruistic as we once were. At one time, we were considered the "heros", but not anymore. As for the treatment of veterans, this country has not used the vitality and patriotism of the men and women well, nor have the men and women been treated well upon their return. The "Welcome Home" for the returnees from Desert Strom was a chance for the country to make good on the treatment that the VN vets were given. Not that such a stain could ever be erased. We've been used, as VV noted, to bully other countries, and the collateral damage that we've inflicted upon non-combatants has been shocking. The propaganda machines have been working overtime to justify some of our actions, and this mortifies me. However, the service has taken me places that I might not have gone to, and enabled me to do some pretty amazing things. All in all, I wish that our country was a better one, and that the global community had some respect and love for us, as they once did, instead of viewing us as the rich kids on the block, in need of dressing down. It'd be hard to sum up the experience of service, to any who haven't served, without posting an encylopedia. The next time you see a vet at the store, maybe offer to pay for his or her stuff, and thank them. They'll appreciate it more than words can express. We can't thank them enough.
AMEN Brother! And spot on.

Can anyone enlighten me about why a post like the one above gets negative judge its? I don't care if you agree with the man's opinions about homosexuality or not, there is some wisdom and honesty in the post above that deserves a bit more respect than has been offered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles (Sep '14) 23 hr Christie Taylor 10
Is dr Carl Bergstrom out of prison Nov 19 jesidy 3
public storage delrey oaks Nov 19 jesidy 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 13 Randy r 1,556
News cold, economy drive more homeless to seek help (Dec '08) Nov 12 Kenny Nichols 5
News Firms say store draws prostitution (Aug '06) Oct '17 Drumputzer 18
Genetic conflict eminent for the U.S. Oct '17 genetic conflict 1

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages