Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,917)

Showing posts 178,321 - 178,340 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Are you ready for this? His interests include:
--Parliamentarian
--Egalitarian
--Gender authority
--Biblical truth
What planet does he live on? Egalitarian? Gender authority?
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen an exampled of delusional thought processes in my career. If he really believes that he "is" all of these things, then based on my nearly 3 years of dealing with him, I would have to say that he is an ill man.
He's sad and pathetic. Empathically sterile. Humanely defective.

Must say I'm surprised to find out he's really a male. He's so catty and bitchy.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't argue, I simply point out reality.
I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk (just like Bruce Willis).
I kick at the darkness until it bleeds light.
you are completely and utterly delusional.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! A fundie talking to someone else about thinking things through!!! That's hilarious!!!
LOL!!! Jonah1!!!! That's hilarious!!!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

My oh my, but Joanie Baloney is cockatooing its stupidity this morning.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how the heterosexuals can't stop talking about SSM?
I remember voting on it a few years ago and it seems like on the main stream media it's the only news going on. So NO I don't find it funny. Or did you mean the media?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...Must say I'm surprised to find out he's really a male. He's so catty and bitchy.
That's rich coming from you.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.
<quoted text>
The fruit of a ss couple; sterile, unproductive, arid, bare, barren, bleak, dead, desert, desolate, dry, effete, empty, fallow, fruitless, futile, gaunt, impotent, infecund, infertile, unfruitful, unprofitable, unprolific, vain, waste.
Smile.
the fruit of your thoughts : stale and polluted air

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
SS couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage.
A mating behavior defect.
Clearly not the same.
And yet again, sterility and mating are irrelevant to the state that grants marriage rights. When it comes to the reasons that the state is involved with the institution, we clearly ARE the same.

Smirk. Not a damn thing you can do about it but stick your fingers in your ears and sing "lalalalalalalalala" like the child you are.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is, why don't homosexuals have the self acceptance to establish their own relational identity and legitimate rights?
That's not a real question, that's merely thinly disguised attempt at an insult. It mirrors the majority of your petty posts.

Our reasons to marry are no different then straight people. No separate institution is required.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you are completely and utterly delusional.
You're a real peach yourself Jizzy.
Flabbergassed

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

This type of ban would not be out of line for many of the Glendora, California city council member's as they are all involved in kicking out senior citizen's from their low income apartments in the city.

So doing something like this.

Injured Afghanistan Vet Now Being Allowed To Fly Her American Flag As-Is.

I must say this is much better than what all the loud mouth hamster divers are posting about, don't ya think?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Joanie full of Baloney.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...That's not a real question, that's merely thinly disguised attempt at an insult. It mirrors the majority of your petty posts.
That's rich coming from you.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
the fruit of your thoughts : stale and polluted air
Get some schtick Jizzy, or at least some kind of a point. Geez son.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I think denial and lies are harmful to a person, family and society at large.
And yet you show up here every day denying the existence of an institution that clearly exists and has been federally ruled upon, and lying about homosexuals in general. If denial and lies are harmful to so many according to you, why do you continue to engage in such harmful behaviors? Oh, that's right, you're a fundie. A hypocrite.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that concern is a mental disorder.
You aren't concerned. You're just bitter that society isn't buying into the lies that you and your ilk continue to try and peddle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a rip about an idiotic ruling.
We know. Because you don't live in reality, but instead in your dream world.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm simply saying ss couples and marriage are not the same.
And yet again for the 100th time, no one has tried to say they are. What IS the same, are the marriages of both gays and straights. EXACTLY the same in every aspect of the law. your approval or recognition is completely irrelevant.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no counter for the distinctions I list, except to say that a court ruled against reality.
Okayyyy.
The only distinction you continue to counter with has something to do with sterility, which as any sterile straight person can tell you, is completely irrelevant.

The court ruling stands, whether you accept that reality or not.

You've lost jackass! Smile.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

The real question is, why don't homosexuals have the self acceptance to establish their own relational identity and legitimate rights?
Why didn't women have the self acceptance to establish their own independent identities and voting rights?

Why didn't African-Americans have the self acceptance to establish their own independent identities and voting rights?

Why didn't interracial couples have the self acceptance to establish their own relational identity and legitimate rights?

You see, KiMerde, it's statements like yours that have people scratching their heads and saying "this idiot can't be serious; he has to be trolling for comments."

According to you, we're supposed to come up with some magical institution vaguely resembling, but not copying, marriage which everyone and the government will recognize, especially if they put on their rainbow glasses.

Marriage is marriage. You have it, and I have it. You can crap on my marriage all day long but it will never change the fact that I am legally married. It further frosts your cookies that hubby and I can, should we choose, find a rabbi and minister who will bless that marriage with a holy matrimony. When we do that, keep checking the mailbox for your invitation.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
...bla bla bla... When we do that, keep checking the mailbox for your invitation.
Like he'd want to go to your wedding. I wouldn't want to be in the same state as someone who creates a profile to stalk me. Creep.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is marriage. You have it, and I have it. You can crap on my marriage all day long but it will never change the fact that I am legally married. It further frosts your cookies that hubby and I can, should we choose, find a rabbi and minister who will bless that marriage with a holy matrimony. When we do that, keep checking the mailbox for your invitation.
LOL!!! One can see the steam coming out of his ears!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
It further frosts your cookies that hubby and I can, should we choose, find a rabbi and minister who will bless that marriage with a holy matrimony. When we do that, keep checking the mailbox for your invitation.
I would not send that invite, It would be like inviting the Westborough Baptist church.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 178,321 - 178,340 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance