Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
178,161 - 178,180 of 200,620 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205564 Jul 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU think you look like Bruce Willis?!? Are you SERIOUS?!?
I've seen a photo of you... You look more like an Ewok.
And I don't think Bruce has a vag.
Why would you demean yourself this way?
Dopey ad hominem.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205565 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't argue, I simply point out reality.
You have yet to even once accepted reality

Same sex couple are married, legally, and recognized on both the state and federal level.
Gummies

Monrovia, CA

#205566 Jul 29, 2013
Munchies and d always make me puke.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205567 Jul 29, 2013
"This thread is moot." Loudmouthed Big D decided a few weeks ago.
well

Round Lake, IL

#205568 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Being homosexual and immorality are two distinct things. I'm sure the Pope distinguishes between them. I also doubt he would okay calling ss couples married.
<quoted text>
You've seen my responses to those in that place.
You are not in that place.
Yes I saw your response to one in that place, you told him "I guess God just isn't interested in you"! Nice words from a Pastor, don't ya think?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205569 Jul 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, dear, you missed my point...
If heterosexual marriages were scrutinized to the same degree that homosexual marriages have been, then many heterosexual marriages simply would not meet the "standard" that so many of the people in here say must be met in order to qualify for marriage.
Do you se what I'm saying?
The qualifications are simple. The parties must be of age, able to consent, not closely related by blood, not currently married, and of the opposite sex. You're operating from the position that personal same sex intimate sexual relationships are marriage, and are considered as such by a broad consensus. Thirty state bans say other wise.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205570 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex couple are married, legally, and recognized on both the state and federal level.
But not recognized nationwide in all fifty states.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205571 Jul 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
But not recognized nationwide in all fifty states.
But coming, more every year... National recognition was a very big step.

More and more large companies are piling on, they no longer want offices in states where their employees marriages are not recognized.

The pressure is on in every direction

Politically now that a majority of voters favor same sex marriage, the speed will escalate

Not everyone wants to work for Chick a Fill

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205572 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been around the world and seen numerous cultures.

I love history and am well read.

I have devoted my life to marriage and family.

I have studied religions and am a man of faith.

I have studied mating behavior, sexuality and marriage.

I know marriage.

A ss couple in no way equates to marriage.

Location hidden

#205573 Jul 29, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I saw your response to one in that place, you told him "I guess God just isn't interested in you"! Nice words from a Pastor, don't ya think?
That discussion was about being agnostic, not homosexuality.

I simply question the sincerity of a long term agnostic. If you are sincerely searching for God and He doesn't respond, either He's not there, you're not knocking hard enough, or He isn't interested.

There's not any more options, is there?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205574 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been around the world and seen numerous cultures.
I love history and am well read.
I have devoted my life to marriage and family.
I have studied religions and am a man of faith.
I have studied mating behavior, sexuality and marriage.
I know marriage.
A ss couple in no way equates to marriage.
So have I, around the world more than once and very well read

I am also devoted to live and marriage and family, unlike you I do not belittle other families and marriages that are different than my own.

I am willing to wager I have studied religions more extensively than you have, many different religions, not just the particular sect you belong to

I am not a man of faith, that has become a dirty word and nothing but an excuse for the kind of hatred and spite that you display here every day.

You obviously know nothing of marriage whatsoever, you have proven that repeatedly here.

Same sex marriages do indeed exist, and are recognized on the state and federal level regardless of your closing your eyes to the fact.
Archie

Monrovia, CA

#205575 Jul 29, 2013
Archie Balled has answered any phone calls, tweets or email lately.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205576 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That discussion was about being agnostic, not homosexuality.
I simply question the sincerity of a long term agnostic. If you are sincerely searching for God and He doesn't respond, either He's not there, you're not knocking hard enough, or He isn't interested.
There's not any more options, is there?
I question the faith of any Christian that stands in judgment of others.

Location hidden

#205577 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So have I, around the world more than once and very well read
I am also devoted to live and marriage and family, unlike you I do not belittle other families and marriages that are different than my own.
I am willing to wager I have studied religions more extensively than you have, many different religions, not just the particular sect you belong to
I am not a man of faith, that has become a dirty word and nothing but an excuse for the kind of hatred and spite that you display here every day.
You obviously know nothing of marriage whatsoever, you have proven that repeatedly here.
Same sex marriages do indeed exist, and are recognized on the state and federal level regardless of your closing your eyes to the fact.
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.

Location hidden

#205578 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just judge?

Smirk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205579 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.
Oh you used the word sterile again, I should remind you that the ability to have children has not kept us from issuing marriage licenses through our entire history, it has never ever been even a consideration.

You lose again :)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205580 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just judge?
Smirk.
I don’t claim to follow that book :)

You do, and you obviously have not even read it, or at least you follow some passages, and totally ignore others.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#205581 Jul 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
explaining different options is not considered judging a person, don't be so judgmental.
You all

Monrovia, CA

#205582 Jul 29, 2013
Can't you all read?

Location hidden

#205583 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you used the word sterile again, I should remind you that the ability to have children has not kept us from issuing marriage licenses through our entire history, it has never ever been even a consideration.
You lose again :)
The fruit of a ss couple; sterile, unproductive, arid, bare, barren, bleak, dead, desert, desolate, dry, effete, empty, fallow, fruitless, futile, gaunt, impotent, infecund, infertile, unfruitful, unprofitable, unprolific, vain, waste.

Smile.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,087
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr papersup 15,971
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 10 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info