Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205691 Jul 30, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your denial of the fact that same sex marriage is legal, happens every day, and recognized on both the state and federal level?
I don't give a rip about an idiotic ruling.

I'm simply saying ss couples and marriage are not the same.

You have no counter for the distinctions I list, except to say that a court ruled against reality.

Okayyyy.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205692 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about what the "founders" thought. I'm talking about a nearly 200 year period of time (from the colonists until the Emancipation Proclamation) when the majority of this country had legalized slavery.
Still....what is the point? Yes the country had legal slavery. Slavery wasn't new, it existed throughout human history in a various cultures.
I'm saying that the inhabitants of those states that continue to have DOMA laws written into the constitution are wrong. Don't think I can be any clearer.
You could've of stated that to begin with, although I think using slavery in regards to this issue is ridiculous.

Those various state DOMA law simply constitutionally defined a relationship that predates the existence of the Republic, long before "gay" and "lesbian" became political sexual identity labels.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205693 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no counter for the distinctions I list, except to say that a court ruled against reality.
Okayyyy.
Yes you do, same sex couples re indeed married, whether you like it or not, whether you "see" it or not, whether you accept it or not.

The reality is they are married, a reality you cannot accept, so you deny reality.:)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205694 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a piece of paper.
Everyone knows reality smashes paper.
Smirk.
so your marriage is nothing but a piece of paper, because without your piece of paper, you are not married either
Huh

Faribault, MN

#205695 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, they are. AND, they are defined. Freedom has its limits, in sensibility and laws, and equality only goes so far. Unless, you see no difference between men and women?
And same sex being legal hurts no one and causes no pain to any party....

Laws and bans and rules are made to protect people and to keep from anyone or anything being harmed...WHAT HARM WOULD OR DOES SAME SEX MARRIAGE CAUSE RO WOULD CAUSE.

this bs should be funny.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#205696 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know, it almost sounds like you're saying that they can circumvent the Constitution. Defy it, if they find it to be inconvenient.
No they cant go around the Constitution and cant defy it....THAT IS WHAT THE STATE BANS ARE DOING....WHY SCOTUS NEEDS TO GET RID OF THEM THEY DEFY THE CONSTITUTION.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205697 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Okayyyy.
Or are you commenting that your saying they are not really married carries exactly the same weight and validity as if I said that Christian marriages are not actually married.

Zero

My counter is reality, I have already destroyed every procreation argument you brought up, dashed all religious references to dust, and the law stands firmly behind what I am saying. Your arguments are not only countered, they are totally destroyed.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#205698 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Being homosexual and immorality are two distinct things.
Yes. One is a person, the other is a conceptual state of being. Only an idiot would try and compare them. Oh, that's right, you are an idiot.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the Pope distinguishes between them.
You're sure of a lot of things that have no basis in fact. We'll add this to the list. Thank you for sharing your psychic abilities.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I also doubt he would okay calling ss couples married.
He's from Argentina, where gays have been able to marry for years. I'm sure he's quite used to it.

Location hidden

#205699 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't argue, I simply point out reality.
No, you point out what you wish reality was.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
No, you're just a bitter jackass.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk (just like Bruce Willis).
I kick at the darkness until it bleeds light.
And a bit of a nutcast.

Location hidden

#205700 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
You've seen my responses
Yes, we have. Funniest nonsense this side of Brian_G. You're like the apprentice in waiting to be the next Village Idiot.

Location hidden

#205701 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been around the world and seen numerous cultures.
I love history and am well read.
I have devoted my life to marriage and family.
I have studied religions and am a man of faith.
I have studied mating behavior, sexuality and marriage.
I know marriage.
A ss couple in no way equates to marriage.
What you know about mating behavior, sexuality and marriage could fit on the back of a matchbook. If you have "studied" these things, then the school where you studied them should lose their accreditation (Not that only one actually believes you really!! But we just play along with your fantasy world!!). That's been made evident by your poorly crafted and completely unsupported posts. Posts you are completely unable to support with any peer reviewed research. Posts that manufactured talking points and contain statements such as "doctors have declared this practice demeaning"!!!

You're a bitter old jackass. Nothing more. Go peddle your imaginary "studies and knowledge" to the sheeple. No one is buying your bullshyt here c*nt!
Dullards

Covina, CA

#205704 Jul 30, 2013
Keep posting dull comments so we can all get a good laugh off them.

It's finish and all over with, time to get on and move on with life.
Randy Hudson

Chicago, IL

#205705 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, come back when you are paying attention...
Please, come back when you have a worthy retort.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#205706 Jul 30, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing word games...Very good. The Chairman will give you a bigger cubicle...
You lied, and got caught.....again.
Still having trouble with English

You lied about what I said, I didn’t say national recognition, I said federal recognition, every same sex couple legally married in a state that allows same sex marriage is also recognized as married on the federal level.

when you have to resort to lying about what other people have said, then you are admitting defeat.

I have also stated that a majority of voters in the US approve of same sex marriage, which is indicated in every major poll, including the polls owned and operated by Fox news.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205707 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh spare me your indignation.
If you don't like the playground, you're always welcome to take your marbles and go home.
Likewise.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205708 Jul 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
According to his publicly available profile on LinkedIn, Gregory Kirschmann (KiMare)went to the Rockford School of Theology. He was a driver at Heartland Express, Inc. He currently works at Creative Exteriors. I imagine that is somewhere near Dillsburg Pennsylvania, where he currently lives.
You're a real creep. You take this silly stuff way too seriously. Stop stalking. Get a life.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205710 Jul 30, 2013
Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how the heterosexuals can't stop talking about SSM?
No, that's not funny, it's what this forum is for. Duh.

Location hidden

#205711 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Big dummy, how long do you think you'd last if a MAN even started to torture you?
People that live in reality don't spend time pondering such stupidity.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If you even had an inkling that a supreme monster would torture you for all eternity, you don't think your 'courage' camouflages supreme stupidity?
I see, so subjection to your rapist, lying, bully god is better. Got it.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, simple logic and justice says that if a scientist can create life in a lab and dispose as he chooses, certainly a Supreme Being has the right.
Your scenario bodes neither logic nor justice. Obviously the meaning of these words was lost during all your "studies".

Logic would tell someone to steer clear of such a supreme being, who ultimately through his disposal would demonstrate that the beings he created are of little importance to him. That these being are neither worthy of fairness or consideration. Your god sucks.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But the curve ball is that you have a choice to be present or not.
And spend eternity with smirking, deceitful, intentionally mean spirited, hypocritical jackasses like yourself? Pass.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, you judge Him as horrible because you have experienced the goodness of His minor creation and think He falls short regarding His major creation.
I don't judge non-existent things. That's your shtick, and the shtick of your religion cult. Judge, judge, and more judging.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You've thought this through as poorly as you have equating ss couples with marriage...
LOL!!! A fundie talking to someone else about thinking things through!!! That's hilarious!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205712 Jul 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Are you ready for this? His interests include:
--Parliamentarian
--Egalitarian
--Gender authority
--Biblical truth
What planet does he live on? Egalitarian? Gender authority?
Wow! I don't think I've ever seen an exampled of delusional thought processes in my career. If he really believes that he "is" all of these things, then based on my nearly 3 years of dealing with him, I would have to say that he is an ill man.
Creep.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205713 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.
<quoted text>
The fruit of a ss couple; sterile, unproductive, arid, bare, barren, bleak, dead, desert, desolate, dry, effete, empty, fallow, fruitless, futile, gaunt, impotent, infecund, infertile, unfruitful, unprofitable, unprolific, vain, waste.
Smile.
<quoted text>
First, based on your response to my post, you are simply a lying troll who reverts to ad homoan attacks when he has no honest reasoned response.
Second, I post numerous items about the breadth of marriage that ss couples don't equate to.
Third, evolution established hetero couples as 'baby machines'. My noting that fact, and your denial of it don't matter one iota.
Fourth, Big Dummy was exposed as a lying idiot. Another one defended him.
Let me add my vote for Big D too. He is a lying idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In the face of disaster, sense of community com... 4 hr Donna do Wright 1
News More Monterey Co. Residents Evacuated As Sobera... Jul 25 mattie05 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 24 TWP 72,037
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul 23 Musikologist 21
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jul 22 Zappacrappa42 59
News The vote splitting the nation... Who's worse, E... Jul 8 Brexit1776 1
Hartnell Janitors Must Clean Up Behavior by Rev... Jun '16 Reverend Patryse ... 1

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages