Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,397

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205469 Jul 28, 2013
Poofter wrote:
<quoted text>As a citizen, its your right to be agnostic. If you wish to sit on a fence, good for you.
God Bless the Agnostics, its not thier fault they cant pull thr trigger. Please do have a great day, may the sun shine warm upon your face, and may you always have a spare tire for your Hoveround.
Did you little hohophobes know that when you call someone a bigot that means you're a bigot too?

Imbecile.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205470 Jul 28, 2013
Only 2 sets of negative smilies in 8 minutes?

C'mon, Mikey Stain, you hit like a grrrrrl.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205471 Jul 28, 2013
Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
The "joke" is between your legs, Sonnie.
Damn, you blew all of NEXT week's lunch money on that one, hohophobe.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205472 Jul 28, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Denile is not a river in Egypt. I tell ya son, there are many, many marries couples, and they are both male. All you have too do is keep up with the news. Did you know that right here in the US of A, in 13 states, and Washington DC, same sex marriage is allowed and is in fact equal to opposite sex marriage. Its a great day for America, go out and spread the good news. Soon in all 50 states same sex marriage will be the norm. I do hope you have a great day, God Bless.
I'm just saying that it is obvious to anyone with eyes and a brain that a duplicate gendered couple is clearly not the same as marriage.

No law can change that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205473 Jul 28, 2013
Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Jizzy, a 10 incher is kind of funny when compared to your half inch. But the ladies like it. Who cares what you think.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205474 Jul 28, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, you blew all of NEXT week's lunch money on that one, hohophobe.
And he made a whole new sock puppet too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205475 Jul 28, 2013
Buncha hohophobes. Too funny! Jizzy is their leader when Big D is not here.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#205476 Jul 28, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And he made a whole new sock puppet too.
It's made so many I don't see how someone so stupid can keep up.
laugh zone

Monrovia, CA

#205477 Jul 28, 2013
Laugh on zone straight ahead, can't miss it.
sheesh

Upper Marlboro, MD

#205478 Jul 28, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
....Odd thing.....He didn't mention those.....I wonder why not....
An inconvenient truth?:0
Whats on the menu

Monrovia, CA

#205479 Jul 28, 2013
Menu hasn't been seen in years.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205480 Jul 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just saying that it is obvious to anyone with eyes and a brain that a duplicate gendered couple is clearly not the same as marriage.
No law can change that.
A relationship between a homosexual couple is no different than a relationship between a heterosexual couple.

Both can be based on love, mutual respect, commitment, common interests, monogamy, and intimacy. These are the things that unite any couple.

Both can have families, either through procreation or adoption.

Both can be an asset to their community, to their church, to their extended families.

And as we're seeing throughout the country and around the world, both can be legally recognized through marriage.

Gays and lesbians have been having relationships, whether they were formally and openly recognized or not, for eons.

The piece of paper that states that they are married and all of the rights and protections that come along with marriage has been the only change that we've seen. Well, that and the fact that there are more religions than ever before that are embracing gays and lesbians AND their relationships AND their families.

Societies and cultures worldwide have also changed their views about homosexuals.

All of this has led to happier and more fulfilling lives for millions of gays and lesbians.

Why you and others continue to piss on it is beyond me.

As I said to you recently, your grandkids will grow up in a world where we are accepted and treated equally.

Thankfully, there's not a thing you can do to stop it from happening.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205481 Jul 28, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No law can change that.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A relationship between a homosexual couple is no different than a relationship between a heterosexual couple.
Both can be based on love, mutual respect, commitment, common interests, monogamy, and intimacy. These are the things that unite any couple.
Both can have families, either through procreation or adoption.
Both can be an asset to their community, to their church, to their extended families.
And as we're seeing throughout the country and around the world, both can be legally recognized through marriage.
Gays and lesbians have been having relationships, whether they were formally and openly recognized or not, for eons.
The piece of paper that states that they are married and all of the rights and protections that come along with marriage has been the only change that we've seen. Well, that and the fact that there are more religions than ever before that are embracing gays and lesbians AND their relationships AND their families.
Societies and cultures worldwide have also changed their views about homosexuals.
All of this has led to happier and more fulfilling lives for millions of gays and lesbians.
Why you and others continue to piss on it is beyond me.
As I said to you recently, your grandkids will grow up in a world where we are accepted and treated equally.
Thankfully, there's not a thing you can do to stop it from happening.
Most relational elements you mention are part of numerous relationships that don't demand or qualify for the title of marriage.

Two don't.

1. Intimacy. I'm sorry, but your attempt to equate natural sex with harmful, unhealthy and demeaning sex is an insult to intelligence.

2. Procreation. Ss couples DO NOT mutually procreate as you attempted to claim. You attempted to pass off a blatant lie again. Disgraceful.

Ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage. A defective failure of mating behavior. Ss marriage is an oxymoron.

I'm not addressing personal views of homosexuality. I'm addressing the distinct differences between marriage and a ss couple.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205482 Jul 28, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>He did?
The Gods have all Blessed me. All of them.
:-D
I bask in their benificence.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205483 Jul 28, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Contact | Jerry Brown Governorwww.jerrybrown.org/contact&#8206 ;
He is the man to ask why polygamy is illegal, not me. I don't live in CA. Frankly, its not my problem.
God Bless CA, the citizens allow same sex marriage.
You seem confused. The citizens said "No". The Judge(singular) said "Yes".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205484 Jul 28, 2013
Randy Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you have your face between his thighs...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205485 Jul 28, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
An inconvenient truth?:0
Extremely inconvenient.... And yet, he has risen to Mayor of D.C.
Go figure...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205486 Jul 28, 2013
I would imagine that he has re-risen through the "string-pulling" puppeteers of D.C., who must find him to be the easiest of the puppets to animate...
Marion "Twitchy" Barry. He'll dance for you...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205488 Jul 28, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
I would imagine that he has re-risen through the "string-pulling" puppeteers of D.C., who must find him to be the easiest of the puppets to animate...
Marion "Twitchy" Barry. He'll dance for you...
That's a good Twitchy, keep dancing...
http://tinypic.com/view.php...

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#205489 Jul 28, 2013
Wild

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 71,557
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) 17 hr Joe Balls 1,530
Ezekiel Lopez-Figueroa at his sentencing this m... (Dec '11) 20 hr Vicky Lopez 9
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Tue fed up 30
Beware of Monterey Audi. Feb 4 Dave 1
Multiple suspects in custody for Seaside shootings Jan '15 Anonymous 1
Peninsula high school students arrested in 'fig... (Sep '09) Jan '15 trey 108
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News