Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
177,801 - 177,820 of 200,357 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

From New York to San Diego, you see democratic politicians looking out for women.

Yeah girls, you're in good hands ~ great choice!

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd read my post carefully, you'd see that I said "those parents"--not "all parents".
I fully recognize that not all heterosexual parents are abusive, neglectful, or provide a chaotic living environment.
But some do.
My point is that those homosexual (and heterosexual) couples who seek to adopt children are far less likely to be abusive, neglectful, or provide a chaotic living environment. The figure I found was that about 1% of adoptive homes were found to be abusive. The low number is directly related to the screening processes that potential parents must go through, as well as the fact that these children are WANTED by adoptive parents.
Are those facts enough for you, Kimmy?
You painted a bigoted picture.

That's the fact.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from your continual whining, and failure once again to post reference (I trust nothing you say without it), that is the most trusted percentage.
If you can find a better source, along with validation, go for it.
You got called on a lie, man up queen!!!
Did you go to the Gallup website-- http://www.gallup.com/poll/158066/special-rep...

You'll see that 3.4% of Americans identify as LGBT. Their poll found that 92.2% identified as heterosexual. The important figure comes in the remainder of those people who either reported "don't know" or "refused". Those numbers could go either way.

And as I pointed out, even Gallup pollsters agree that because of the stigma that still exists, actively gay people may "define" themselves as heterosexual.

We all know that there are deeply closeted gay people--some of whom are in heterosexual marriages.

So the 3.4% figure is low.

I stand by my figures.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You painted a bigoted picture.
That's the fact.
No, you just jumped to conclusions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go to the Gallup website-- http://www.gallup.com/poll/158066/special-rep...
You'll see that 3.4% of Americans identify as LGBT. Their poll found that 92.2% identified as heterosexual. The important figure comes in the remainder of those people who either reported "don't know" or "refused". Those numbers could go either way.
And as I pointed out, even Gallup pollsters agree that because of the stigma that still exists, actively gay people may "define" themselves as heterosexual.
We all know that there are deeply closeted gay people--some of whom are in heterosexual marriages.
So the 3.4% figure is low.
I stand by my figures.
Of course you do.
TT exprerssors

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Way too many tatter tots have been served to the last poster.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from your stupid attempt to turn the tables, we've been talking about the results of no-fault divorce and the consequences to children.
Moreover, adoption, step, foster all show significant drops in child welfare from birth parents (the context we were addressing).
Ss couples will ALWAYS deprive a child of one gender and at least one natural parent. Clearly a defective solution to a default situation.
So, it's better that children linger in the foster care system as opposed to being adopted by loving, caring, resourceful, stable, same-gender couples?

Just another example of you throwing children under the bus in order to further your anti-homosexual agenda.

You'll stop at nothing, which makes you a monster beyond anything you've ever admitted to.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it's better that children linger in the foster care system as opposed to being adopted by loving, caring, resourceful, stable, same-gender couples?
Just another example of you throwing children under the bus in order to further your anti-homosexual agenda.
You'll stop at nothing, which makes you a monster beyond anything you've ever admitted to.
Touche'. I've called zher out on the exact same thing, but you did it more eloquently.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's an example of seeking the best for the child.

Who said anything about leaving them?
Those lines

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Pokies Mons are all around you.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here again, you seem to think that homosexuals are looking at how heterosexuals live their married lives--trying to learn from you.
We're adults. We know what we want out of marriage.
Just because you guys screw up your marriages doesn't mean that we have any intention of doing the same.
God, the absolute arrogance you have! You honestly believe that gays look up to you--believing that you know better than us as to how to live our lives.
Look up heterosexist and heterosexism.
What a douche...
So, as you call him arrogant, you claim that you "have no intention of doing the same", as if people entered into marriage without a thought or care, and that you guys will not make the same mistakes that people (in general) do. As well as claiming that it takes gays to really know how to "be married".
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I call bulls!it on your bullsh!t
Of course they do, they are not relying on the government to keep their family together.
I call bullsh!t on your call of bullsh!t of his supposed bullsh!t. So much bullsh!t flying around...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please! Our "condition"?
At least we're not walking around with a micro-penis and vag.
Now THAT'S a condition!
Sure you're not.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
http://queersunited.blogspot.c om/2008/12/word-of-gay-homosex ism.html?m=1
Homosexism" is the belief that gay or lesbian identities are superior to bisexual and/or straight orientations. The "homosexist" viewpoint sometimes leads to discrimination against those who are not homosexual.
<quoted text>
Once they've finished cementing their positions in the world, they'll revise history and make it appear that they gave us everything that works, and claim that they've "always tolerated us"..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
The obvious denial is that you have no love in your life, only hate and fear..How sad for you.
You're reaching, now, princess....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Many many times, but as long as they keep bringing up procreation as an argument, I will remind them again.
They forget so easily
Yes, we realize that common sense and rationale no longer matter. The world has gone mad.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see why Big D and others feel the need to try and spin it that having children is not one of the main reasons we give government benefits to marriage. It's not necessary to lie. It's counterproductive.
Even childless marriages are good for society, that should be their argument if they were honest.
For them, it's necessary. Vital, in fact. They HAVE to remove the original impetus, else it's a lost cause for them. If we remember that children were the focal point, they'd be denied the adoptions, the rights, the benefits and then, where would they be?
Scouts honer

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

A trial of a former Butte County sheriff's deputy charged with arranging to meet a minor for a sex act.

The superior court judge listened Earl William Klapperich's three-hour interview after his arrest on May 11, 2012.

Klapperich, 28, asserted he ONLY intended only to counsel the 14-year-old girl he was exchanging text & photo's messages with?.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. Big D just goes away for a while after you catch him lying, then comes back the next day like nothing happened and calls everyone else liars.
Ever notice he only posts during working hours? Stealing the boss's time.
He's not stealing the boss's time, he's a corporate tool. It is why he posts all the drivel about "Freedon, justice and the American way". He's dependant on that job. They are watching him and monitoring his posts. Big D and all of cronies, Big E, Big H, and all of the others are mandated to spend time undermining America. Must be an Asian company that he works for.
tombstoning

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Keep the leash short and it will look better in the photo's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••