Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,977

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Long Beach, CA

#205172 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So manipulating a contract to establish a counterfeit relationship is going to take ss couples from a horrible track record to the best?
Please don't make me hold my breath...
LOL
<quoted text>
Marriage is a constraint primarily because of mutual children.
You not only deny that element, ss couple cannot even perform it.
Even more ridiculous is your assertion. History shows that not considering children has destroyed marital commitment.
Your denial knows no reality.
We heard your OPINIONS the first 14,000 times you posted them, Gregory Dale Kirschmann. You sound like a parrot.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205173 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So manipulating a contract to establish a counterfeit relationship is going to take ss couples from a horrible track record to the best?
Please don't make me hold my breath...
LOL
<quoted text>
Marriage is a constraint primarily because of mutual children.
You not only deny that element, ss couple cannot even perform it.
Even more ridiculous is your assertion. History shows that not considering children has destroyed marital commitment.
Your denial knows no reality.
Once again you throw children under the bus to further your distaste for homosexuals.

Once again you refuse to recognize that homosexuals adopt children and are therefore just as "constrained" as heterosexual couples--if you even buy into that crap.

Can you show me where history has shown that not considering children has destroyed marital commitment? And please, for the love of God, make sure you cite someone who is legitimate.

Knoxville, TN

#205175 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
More fiction.
GLBT combined was last noted at 3.7% by Gallup.
Does Gallup take into account those people who might have been asked about their orientation but were afraid to answer? Or those who are closeted but "active"?

Here's what the folks over at Gallup had to say about their poll... "As a group still subject to social stigma, many of those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender may not be forthcoming about this identity when asked about it in a survey. Therefore, it's likely that some Americans in what is commonly referred to as "the closet" would not be included in the estimates derived from the Gallup interviews."

How many times have I recommended that you do a minimum of research before throwing out "facts"?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205177 Jul 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a faerie tale.
LOL

Location hidden

#205178 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
We heard your OPINIONS the first 14,000 times you posted them, Gregory Dale Kirschmann. You sound like a parrot.
Don't forget my blog! Lots more great stuff there.

Location hidden

#205179 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you throw children under the bus to further your distaste for homosexuals.
Once again you refuse to recognize that homosexuals adopt children and are therefore just as "constrained" as heterosexual couples--if you even buy into that crap.
Can you show me where history has shown that not considering children has destroyed marital commitment? And please, for the love of God, make sure you cite someone who is legitimate.
Aside from your stupid attempt to turn the tables, we've been talking about the results of no-fault divorce and the consequences to children.

Moreover, adoption, step, foster all show significant drops in child welfare from birth parents (the context we were addressing).

Ss couples will ALWAYS deprive a child of one gender and at least one natural parent. Clearly a defective solution to a default situation.

Location hidden

#205180 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Gallup take into account those people who might have been asked about their orientation but were afraid to answer? Or those who are closeted but "active"?
Here's what the folks over at Gallup had to say about their poll... "As a group still subject to social stigma, many of those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender may not be forthcoming about this identity when asked about it in a survey. Therefore, it's likely that some Americans in what is commonly referred to as "the closet" would not be included in the estimates derived from the Gallup interviews."
How many times have I recommended that you do a minimum of research before throwing out "facts"?
Aside from your continual whining, and failure once again to post reference (I trust nothing you say without it), that is the most trusted percentage.

If you can find a better source, along with validation, go for it.

You got called on a lie, man up queen!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Knoxville, TN

#205181 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, the only children available are the result of horrible hetero parents...
And waiting in the wings are ss couples who will become the best parents ever.
Where do facts come in VV, because this is a fiction story.
If you'd read my post carefully, you'd see that I said "those parents"--not "all parents".

I fully recognize that not all heterosexual parents are abusive, neglectful, or provide a chaotic living environment.

But some do.

My point is that those homosexual (and heterosexual) couples who seek to adopt children are far less likely to be abusive, neglectful, or provide a chaotic living environment. The figure I found was that about 1% of adoptive homes were found to be abusive. The low number is directly related to the screening processes that potential parents must go through, as well as the fact that these children are WANTED by adoptive parents.

Are those facts enough for you, Kimmy?

Location hidden

#205182 Jul 27, 2013
From New York to San Diego, you see democratic politicians looking out for women.

Yeah girls, you're in good hands ~ great choice!

Snicker.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#205183 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If you'd read my post carefully, you'd see that I said "those parents"--not "all parents".
I fully recognize that not all heterosexual parents are abusive, neglectful, or provide a chaotic living environment.
But some do.
My point is that those homosexual (and heterosexual) couples who seek to adopt children are far less likely to be abusive, neglectful, or provide a chaotic living environment. The figure I found was that about 1% of adoptive homes were found to be abusive. The low number is directly related to the screening processes that potential parents must go through, as well as the fact that these children are WANTED by adoptive parents.
Are those facts enough for you, Kimmy?
You painted a bigoted picture.

That's the fact.

Knoxville, TN

#205184 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from your continual whining, and failure once again to post reference (I trust nothing you say without it), that is the most trusted percentage.
If you can find a better source, along with validation, go for it.
You got called on a lie, man up queen!!!
Did you go to the Gallup website-- http://www.gallup.com/poll/158066/special-rep...

You'll see that 3.4% of Americans identify as LGBT. Their poll found that 92.2% identified as heterosexual. The important figure comes in the remainder of those people who either reported "don't know" or "refused". Those numbers could go either way.

And as I pointed out, even Gallup pollsters agree that because of the stigma that still exists, actively gay people may "define" themselves as heterosexual.

We all know that there are deeply closeted gay people--some of whom are in heterosexual marriages.

So the 3.4% figure is low.

I stand by my figures.

Knoxville, TN

#205185 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You painted a bigoted picture.
That's the fact.
No, you just jumped to conclusions.

Location hidden

#205186 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go to the Gallup website-- http://www.gallup.com/poll/158066/special-rep...
You'll see that 3.4% of Americans identify as LGBT. Their poll found that 92.2% identified as heterosexual. The important figure comes in the remainder of those people who either reported "don't know" or "refused". Those numbers could go either way.
And as I pointed out, even Gallup pollsters agree that because of the stigma that still exists, actively gay people may "define" themselves as heterosexual.
We all know that there are deeply closeted gay people--some of whom are in heterosexual marriages.
So the 3.4% figure is low.
I stand by my figures.
Of course you do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TT exprerssors

Monrovia, CA

#205187 Jul 27, 2013
Way too many tatter tots have been served to the last poster.

Knoxville, TN

#205188 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from your stupid attempt to turn the tables, we've been talking about the results of no-fault divorce and the consequences to children.
Moreover, adoption, step, foster all show significant drops in child welfare from birth parents (the context we were addressing).
Ss couples will ALWAYS deprive a child of one gender and at least one natural parent. Clearly a defective solution to a default situation.
So, it's better that children linger in the foster care system as opposed to being adopted by loving, caring, resourceful, stable, same-gender couples?

Just another example of you throwing children under the bus in order to further your anti-homosexual agenda.

You'll stop at nothing, which makes you a monster beyond anything you've ever admitted to.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#205189 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it's better that children linger in the foster care system as opposed to being adopted by loving, caring, resourceful, stable, same-gender couples?
Just another example of you throwing children under the bus in order to further your anti-homosexual agenda.
You'll stop at nothing, which makes you a monster beyond anything you've ever admitted to.
Touche'. I've called zher out on the exact same thing, but you did it more eloquently.

Location hidden

#205190 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's an example of seeking the best for the child.

Who said anything about leaving them?
Those lines

Monrovia, CA

#205191 Jul 27, 2013
Pokies Mons are all around you.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205192 Jul 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Here again, you seem to think that homosexuals are looking at how heterosexuals live their married lives--trying to learn from you.
We're adults. We know what we want out of marriage.
Just because you guys screw up your marriages doesn't mean that we have any intention of doing the same.
God, the absolute arrogance you have! You honestly believe that gays look up to you--believing that you know better than us as to how to live our lives.
Look up heterosexist and heterosexism.
What a douche...
So, as you call him arrogant, you claim that you "have no intention of doing the same", as if people entered into marriage without a thought or care, and that you guys will not make the same mistakes that people (in general) do. As well as claiming that it takes gays to really know how to "be married".
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205193 Jul 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I call bulls!it on your bullsh!t
Of course they do, they are not relying on the government to keep their family together.
I call bullsh!t on your call of bullsh!t of his supposed bullsh!t. So much bullsh!t flying around...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min Rick Moss 69,418
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Bikerboy 7,956
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 10 hr fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 14 hr theos 2,276
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat free for all 5,081
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Fri Mia 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey