Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
177,761 - 177,780 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205144 Jul 27, 2013
-SNAFU- wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have no idea what the hell you're talking about,but I've noticed that pretty much sums up every off topic post you've made for the last 14 hours you've been on this thread. Maybe you and Randy shouldn't hit the sauce so hard during the day and you may make more sense posting. Have you ever thought about getting some psychological help for your obsession? Again who the hell is bill? LOL
Obviously, you've been here before, with another tag or 2. Been banned, have ya? What were some of your other tags, Bill?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205145 Jul 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And why canít we have personal nuclear weapons, after all nukes don't kill people, people kill people.
And if your marriage is so lame that you have to depend on the law to keep your partner with you, it would strengthen marriage in general if you were not married.
The idea of you having access to weapons is a frightening thing, indeed.
TinyRocks Hudsony

Burlington, WI

#205146 Jul 27, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you've been here before, with another tag or 2. Been banned, have ya? What were some of your other tags, Bill?
Well ain't that the proverbial pot calling the kettle black?

Ya know, your wheel chair will move if you put your hands down and roll the wheels. Or ask one of the aides to help you take a lovely stroll.

Step away from the keyboard and take a break from dropping a steaming turd on others.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205147 Jul 27, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
BS..Polygamy is Pure greed..and not worthy of ANY respect.
It's the same for SSM.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205148 Jul 27, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
SSM deserves less respect than does Polygamy. after all, Polygamy has been in existence for thousands of years and has more acceptance than does SSM, which has only existed for , maybe, 20 years at best... Less respectable than Polygamy.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205149 Jul 27, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this little dooshe. Refuses to give any respect to any other type of marriage, while demanding that we all stop being bigots and respect his type of marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205150 Jul 27, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
$3 Bill has so many socks he doesn't even know how many.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205151 Jul 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a case of polyphobia.
And hypocrisy, and hate, and bigotry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205152 Jul 27, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this little dooshe. Refuses to give any respect to any other type of marriage, while demanding that we all stop being bigots and respect his type of marriage.
Mikey is a classic hypocrite.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205153 Jul 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít, why do you?
I want to strengthen the nuclear family, and you do that by actually working on your relationship and your family, not by relying on laws to keep you together
You want the easy way, your wife forced to stay with you, regardless of how you treat one another, regardless of how unhappy and unhealthy it is for your children.
I want people to work on their relationships building strong families that donít rely on the crutch of law to keep them together but actually work together to build a strong family for themselves and their children.
Why do you want to weaken the nuclear family?
So, your corporate playbook tells you try and tell us that an "easy-out" will make everything stronger? Is that the corporate line?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205154 Jul 27, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Yes, I'm afraid of greedy bigots!
You're a hater. And a hypocrite. And a bigot. Yuo should be showing us how you "accept" others. Show us how to "Love the one you're with". Show us some of that "diversity and tolerance". Instead, you show us the old "I'm the only one that matters" routine
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205155 Jul 27, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate Mormons, I married one, my wife has been a Mormon all her life, her family all belongs to the Mormon Church.. Why do you hate LGBT? Its clear that you don't support the strugle for equality among the LGBT community. You show that each and every day when you disrespect the marriage of the Gays and Lesbians who post here. Why Frank, why??
Why, we do it with the exact same gusto that you enjoy employing against Polygamists. Clear now? Examine your own bigoted take on Polygamy to understand us. There is no difference.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205156 Jul 27, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Who the f are you to decide another persons reasons or beliefs. Who sold you on believing you can make choices for others? fool That's exactly what you're already whining about.
Exactly! Whines about it, when he gets a dose of it, then enjoys giving it to others.
sheesh

King George, VA

#205157 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
In my youth, the real violence was against men who hit women.
Yup. They brokeneded they nukkles on they gullfrins haids.

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#205158 Jul 27, 2013
Hosea 4:6.....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205160 Jul 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the city it comes from before you assume anything, there are people pretending to be others around here.
Oh, do you mean that when he clicked on "reply", he was assuming that it was you that he was responding to, instead of the poster that was using your name? Or, did you mean to advise yourself against assuming that it was you that he was responding to, when he clicked on "respond"? Or did you mean that the computer should not assume that it was you that Frank wasn't responding to, when he clicked on "respond"?

Long Beach, CA

#205161 Jul 27, 2013
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Hosea 4:6.....
HUH?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205162 Jul 27, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
A whole 2%? Wow, really jumping on board, arent't they?
Given that we represent somewhere between 4% to 6% of the population, I think we're doing our part.
sheesh

Gaithersburg, MD

#205163 Jul 27, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
HUH?
King James Version

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children

It is from the Hebrew Bible. Back when God was vindictive. He calmed down a bit for the New Testament though.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#205164 Jul 27, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So manipulating a contract to establish a counterfeit relationship is going to take ss couples from a horrible track record to the best?
Please don't make me hold my breath...
LOL
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... I do believe that establishing a legally binding contract will help same-gender relationships.
Were it not for marriage, people would just be hooking up left and right. You've even said so yourself (marriage is a constraint).
And despite no-fault divorces, I still maintain that divorce is emotionally and financially devastating. The negative aspects of divorce from a legal contract help keep couples intact.
Throw in the ceremony; where you stand before God and a group of witnesses--family and friends, and you've got the makings of an actual social structure that encourages couples to remain together.
Marriage will strengthen same-sex couple's relationships. And that can only be good for us and the community.
Marriage is a constraint primarily because of mutual children.

You not only deny that element, ss couple cannot even perform it.

Even more ridiculous is your assertion. History shows that not considering children has destroyed marital commitment.

Your denial knows no reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,986
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 hr Macko mono 5,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 23 hr Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Thu marti eton square 4
clint Aug 27 ubietron 1
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••