Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205034 Jul 26, 2013
POOF wrote:
<quoted text>Why?
Because he said so. The matter has been decided. SSM's are defunct, and it is so lame to argue otherwise that it should be dropped.
Amy

Fullerton, CA

#205035 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boo hoo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0tdsL4kvp_IXX
Pity, you too.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205036 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
If I understand things correctly, here's where we stand:
Pietro--believes that since same-sex couples are not able to consummate their marriage with reproductive sex, then their marriage is invalid. He also believes that polygamy and incest should be legalized since same-sex marriage is legal.
Frankie--believes that he must post every 2 to 5 minutes. He believes that gay marriage is OK, so long as polygamy and incest marriages are also legal.
Kimare--believes about two-dozen things when it comes to marriage. First he believes that same-sex couples are "redumbdant" because they are unable to have children. But he swears that he does not believe the reproductive capabilities or intentions of a couple should be taken into account when it comes to marriage.
He also believes that marriage is a "cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior"; but also agrees that there are reasons for marrying other than just to reproduce.
He believes that homosexuality is a disorder since no one has ever been able to determine the cause of it. But he accepts that gravity is natural, even though we don't know what causes it either.
He believes that all anal sex is harmful and demeaning, even though a good number of straight people engage in it. And I'm Assuming he also agrees with anal sex within the confines of marriage--so long as the couples are straight.
he believes he has a God-given right to judge others, but claims that he has never made a judgment about a person's relationship.
Laughing Man and Rock Hudsony are pretty much irrelevant. Laughing Man is a troll. And Rock just hates gays.
Are we all on the same page now?
Son, we're not even in the same chapter. I do not hate gays, I just argue my side with logic. You should be so lucky. One minute, you claim to be "250 lbs of mean and angry f***ot", the next you claim to be a pacifist, and on meds. A bipolar, medicated social worker. That's merely the preface.
Pietro is stating the facts, as they were, before the lawyers got involved, and changed the Constitutio into a Libertine License.
Frank has worked all of his life, and served honorably and has every right to post in his retirement years.
KiMare is arguing sensible facts, with a religious view, and having his personal info given out, a blatant assault on his privacy, by a poster that will not give out his name, or even a picture.
Laughing Man is no different than Chongo, except that LM has not told anyone to give their kids "pearl necklaces", a transgression that shoud have drawn protest from your side, as a foul shot.
Furthermore, when my side has produced idiots, we(my side) has attacked them, with gusto. IE: little brain, gustavo, bruno, etc. Something about policing our side. A phenomenon that has not been replicated by your side. Your side has crossed more decency lines than mine, and all have applauded each other. Another of your claims to not read "greybox" posts, while responding to same. Another of your posters promotes prostitution and drug addiction. Yet another cackles insanely. Another still denies any sort of higher power. I could go on, but is it really necessary? NOW, my good ......man (?) Are we on the same page yet?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205037 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We know what causes gravity you pointy head sociologist.
I've already schooled him about that, the cretin tried to argue about that, with me. And I'm the one with the degree in Astrophysics.
:-D
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205038 Jul 26, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity, you too.
I bet you have many "issues" doncha honey?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205039 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravity, it isnt just a good idea, its the law.:P
Let's do it your way. Let's defy the laws and change them. Then, we could ALL levitate, like you do when your head swells and you don your cape....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205040 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Son, we're not even in the same chapter. I do not hate gays, I just argue my side with logic. You should be so lucky. One minute, you claim to be "250 lbs of mean and angry f***ot", the next you claim to be a pacifist, and on meds. A bipolar, medicated social worker. That's merely the preface.
Pietro is stating the facts, as they were, before the lawyers got involved, and changed the Constitutio into a Libertine License.
Frank has worked all of his life, and served honorably and has every right to post in his retirement years.
KiMare is arguing sensible facts, with a religious view, and having his personal info given out, a blatant assault on his privacy, by a poster that will not give out his name, or even a picture.
Laughing Man is no different than Chongo, except that LM has not told anyone to give their kids "pearl necklaces", a transgression that shoud have drawn protest from your side, as a foul shot.
Furthermore, when my side has produced idiots, we(my side) has attacked them, with gusto. IE: little brain, gustavo, bruno, etc. Something about policing our side. A phenomenon that has not been replicated by your side. Your side has crossed more decency lines than mine, and all have applauded each other. Another of your claims to not read "greybox" posts, while responding to same. Another of your posters promotes prostitution and drug addiction. Yet another cackles insanely. Another still denies any sort of higher power. I could go on, but is it really necessary? NOW, my good ......man (?) Are we on the same page yet?
Outstanding post!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205041 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so humble!!! You left yourself out.
VV pontificates everything. But not until he has twirled, twisted, shifted, slandered and lied. Nothing else is important or considered except his gay colored world. He is determined to put a bent rod in a straight hole and call it ss marriage.
Smile.
Right on!
Hammer that f*cker, until it fits, never mind all the grunting and splinters....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205042 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinions approved by the rainbow committee- Not a troll!
Non approved opinions- TROLL!
Approve of SSM- Not a troll
Disapprove of SSM- TROLL!
Approve of SSM and polygamy- TROLL!
Frank scores a perfect bulls-eye with that one! "Nailed it!"
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205043 Jul 26, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Not one accurate thing in your rant. What you actually know about sex, science and mating could be scribbled on a matchbook cover.
Jonah, sputtering uselessly, while trying to sound like an expert.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#205044 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank scores a perfect bulls-eye with that one! "Nailed it!"
LOL. Ah good times!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205045 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be saying that everything sucks, even Kil Mare
Actually, it wouldn't. It was more of an apt description than many...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205046 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
we have watched you twirl and twist and shift and slander and lie and you still have not recognized that same sex couples are indeed married and recognized on the state and federal level.
You have your eyes tightly closed to that fact
And you've told KiMare that he is not allowed (chuckle) to post facts....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205047 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we're getting even sillier. As if we weren't silly enough around here.
We all suck. "Who among us doesn't suck?" -Frankie Rizzo
Me! I'm all that!
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205048 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My eyes are wide open. I keep looking to see a real marriage. At the most, all I've seen is a mutually sterile, duplicate gendered half of marriage!
What the hell am I not seeing???
The illusion that they're selling.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205049 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Coitus.
<quoted text>
Pietro believes marriage is a union of husband and wife, and that said union should recognized, privileged, and soley legally maintained, as such. Same sex marriage is a contradiction in terms, marriage is a union of both sexes.
<quoted text>
He is puzzled by SSM advocates who insist that conjugality is expendable, but monogamy is not. Perhaps the all powerful and wise Big D, or his sidekick Big Red, could explain this.
You'll have to give Big D a minute, to consult his company playbook, on how to field this one..
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205050 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I was just referencing gravity jokes, we are all affected by it and in fact have gravity of our own.
....You don't say....

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205051 Jul 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you claimed children held the marriage together. I said homosexuals claim children should not even be considered.
Children were the reason for NOT divorcing. The argument for no fault was that children would not be harmed when an unhappy marriage ended. Time has proved that false.
Moreover, the unintended result is that marriages without children and without abuse are quickly ended.
Your argument that ss couples would be 'chained' by marriage is untrue in practice.
Again, only by facing the realities of their condition and standing on their own identity will homosexuals ever find peace and acceptance.
<quoted text>
Your reason for trying to impose an imposter relationship on marriage is still false.
Homosexuals will not find peace through denial.
"Homosexuals will not find peace through denial."

So ominous...

How do you figure that we'll never find peace?

Are you psychic?

Are you capable of channeling the emotions of every homosexual you've ever encountered?

Maybe you are like a Jedi and can just "sense" these things.

Let me tell you when homosexuals will experience peace... When ignorant, lying, egomaniacs such as yourself finally give up hounding us.

Many of us experience peace in spite of your best efforts to involve yourself into our lives.

In case you haven't noticed (and apparently you haven't), gays and lesbians are experiencing joy the likes of which we haven't had in a very long time.

Marriages are taking place around the world. People are being honest with themselves; embracing their identity on a scale not seen in modern history. We can work, recreate, worship, create families, and LIVE life without worrying about being locked up or executed.

Seems pretty joyous to me...

It's people like you who are experiencing pain, fear, confusion, and anger. You've had to ratchet up your rhetoric in an attempt to stem the tide of our joy. And to your dismay, it hasn't worked.

You're a relic. You represent a bygone belief system. The world that you grew up in doesn't exist anymore.

And all you can do is throw out threats of an unhappy life. That's all you've got... Fear tactics...

Bye, bye, Kim... It must have been a hell of a ride for you and people like you.

Your grandkids will grow up in a world where gays and lesbians will be accepted as group of people who are minimally different than them. They will see us as equals. They won't fear or revile us.

Many people around the world have already embraced this reality. It's poor schlubs like you who are suffering.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205052 Jul 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, maybe your marriage doesn't live up to what we believe it should be.
You've never had to fight tooth and nail to get your marriage recognized. You've never had to endure the possible loss of family, friends, employment; all in order to be with the person you love.
My guess is that if you had to do these things, most of you straight bigots would probably just shack up and avoid the inconveniences.
Your marriage will never mean as much as the marriage between two people of the same gender.
You spend billions each year on ridiculous weddings--with $3000 white gowns signifying "purity". Most of the time when a bride comes prancing down the aisle in a white dress, it's all the guests can do to keep a straight face.
Then you turn around and spend almost as much divorcing as you did on marrying.
Oh, and let's not forget about the 40,000,000 babies you guys abort each year. Your children are SO important to you! Tell me, Kim, is abortion also a "cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior"?
Those kids who do happen to make it out of the sacred birth canal; about one in three end up in a home where the father is absent.
You're right... Same-sex couples are very much unlike you. If we have children, it's because we wanted them. We fight through very strict adoption processes in order to have them. I'd lay odds that the percentage of intact same-sex families WAY outnumber the percentage of intact opposite-sex families.
We want our marriages. We want our families.
Your marriages will never equal same-sex marriages.
(see how easy it is to turn things around on you?)
Our marriages follow the norm, as decided by the society in which we live. Our marriages never required a fight against society, common sense, politicically-skewed courts and popular opinion to be recognized. Ours are natural. Balanced. Everything that they should be. Being with the person we love is not what we are debating. Our marriages will never count as much as yours? LOL You are now enacting another of my predictions, namely, that of becoming the "new mainstream ones". Revisionists nonsense. We are now being subjugated, relegated to 2nd class status? ROFLMAO. We are obeying the strictures set for us. Money is meant to be spent, as we see fit, no matter what our orientation. We have the market cornered on baby statistics, because we are the "breeders", remember? Tal about that when you guys have caught up, will ya? Not so easy to turn things when we keep our eyes on the rational, and refuse to fall for the hypnosis act.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205053 Jul 26, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on!
Hammer that f*cker, until it fits, never mind all the grunting and splinters....
Hammer away, bitch... I ain't gone yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,233
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Tue Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web