Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,745

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204895 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Bill you big silly galoot!
$3 Bill, aka Old SniffsButts Bill from Livermore. Fake bronze star and all.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Put down the hate hammer Frank.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#204896 Jul 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
BS..Polygamy is Pure greed..and not worthy of ANY respect.
Sounds like a case of polyphobia.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204898 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the children physically and mentally abused with no way out because the wedding rings were re-forged into handcuffs
Laws exist, and did exist to address those situation. A crime is a crime. Nice try Big Denial.
Using the crutch of law to keep people together does not make a better home for children, your are kidding yourself.
You're kidding yourself to think that the force of law hasn't encouraged families to stay together and work things out far more often than the reverse. Why bother with legal marriage at all if a couple needs the state to begin with?
What makes a better home for children are parents that actively work on their marriages, that want to be together in a happy and stable family. Not just forced to be together by the crutch of law, but that actively work together to make a happy home.
Having the law behind the family, holding mothers/wives and fathers/husbands accountable, helps them and their children. Every family has ups and downs. The law should encourage families to stay together, absent abuse, neglect, or some other LEGITIMATE grounds, not to. Why do you wish to weaken the nuclear family?
Soaking

Monrovia, CA

#204900 Jul 26, 2013
Pinto beans have to soak a long time too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204901 Jul 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite. What harm would a marriage of three consenting adult atheist men cause you Mikey?

If polygamy were legal it would still be so rare you'd probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.

Marriage. There is no one right way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204902 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Put down the hate hammer Frank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_5IVuN1N6-YXX
Cute song. For the seventies. But it's the 21st century Jizzy.

Who do I hate dummy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204903 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. And hate. And bigotry. And hypocrisy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204904 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the children physically and mentally abused with no way out because the wedding rings were re-forged into handcuffs...
Oh spare us.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204905 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws exist, and did exist to address those situation. A crime is a crime. Nice try Big Denial.
<quoted text>
You're kidding yourself to think that the force of law hasn't encouraged families to stay together and work things out far more often than the reverse. Why bother with legal marriage at all if a couple needs the state to begin with?
<quoted text>
Having the law behind the family, holding mothers/wives and fathers/husbands accountable, helps them and their children. Every family has ups and downs. The law should encourage families to stay together, absent abuse, neglect, or some other LEGITIMATE grounds, not to. Why do you wish to weaken the nuclear family?
I donít, why do you?

I want to strengthen the nuclear family, and you do that by actually working on your relationship and your family, not by relying on laws to keep you together

You want the easy way, your wife forced to stay with you, regardless of how you treat one another, regardless of how unhappy and unhealthy it is for your children.

I want people to work on their relationships building strong families that donít rely on the crutch of law to keep them together but actually work together to build a strong family for themselves and their children.

Why do you want to weaken the nuclear family?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204906 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Put down the hate hammer Frank.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_5IVuN1N6-YXX
Stop hating Jizzy.
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204907 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do I hate dummy?
Gays and lesbians are not a dannger to you Frank, stop all the Hate, love each other, is it that hard?
poof

Cambridge, IL

#204908 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do I hate dummy?
It was true then, as it is today. Love the one you're with. Not sexualy, but for who they are. Its not hard to do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204909 Jul 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít, why do you?
I want to strengthen the nuclear family, and you do that by actually working on your relationship and your family, not by relying on laws to keep you together
You want the easy way, your wife forced to stay with you, regardless of how you treat one another, regardless of how unhappy and unhealthy it is for your children.
I want people to work on their relationships building strong families that donít rely on the crutch of law to keep them together but actually work together to build a strong family for themselves and their children.
Why do you want to weaken the nuclear family?
How does making it easy to walk away strengthen the family?

Why will people work harder to stay together if it's easier to walk away?
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#204910 Jul 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Yes, I'm afraid of greedy bigots!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204911 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>It was true then, as it is today. Love the one you're with. Not sexualy, but for who they are. Its not hard to do.
Cool! So why don't you love me then Jizzy?

You give advice on love yet you hate Mormons and are happy that they cannot marry according to the dictates of their faith. You are a hypocrite. You would deny people marriage equality based on their religion.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204912 Jul 26, 2013
poof wrote:
<quoted text>Gays and lesbians are not a dannger to you Frank, stop all the Hate, love each other, is it that hard?
I don't hate gays and lesbians Jizzy. You think I do because you are stupid. I can't help you with that, as you are well aware you can't fix stupid.

You are a hater, not me. I fully support marriage equality. You do not.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#204913 Jul 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
What harm would a marriage of three men cause you and why would it be "greedy"?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#204914 Jul 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How does making it easy to walk away strengthen the family?
Why will people work harder to stay together if it's easier to walk away?
I have already explained that, learn to read.

The difference is one of goals

They think they strengthen families by forcing miserable people to stay together in an unhealthy marriage, relying on the crutch of law to keep them together.

I think you strengthen a family by actively working on your relationship and build a stronger happier and more healthy family without being lazy and relying on the crutch of law.

I am for fewer laws, they are for more lawsÖ. Go figure

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204915 Jul 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
No....you're just a bigot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#204916 Jul 26, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Mikey....let's try this another way. Why is it acceptable for two or more women to share a baby's daddy, but not a husband?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr scirocco 71,697
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar 24 mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar 20 Gary 16
Review: Salazar Auto Repair (Sep '13) Mar 10 fed up 3
News Ezekiel Lopez-Figueroa at his sentencing this m... (Dec '11) Mar 5 Carlos Slim 14
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Mar 3 Joe Balls 1,530
News Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Mar 3 fed up 30
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]