Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
just wondering

UK

#203179 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, disgusting is someone who would have thoughts like yours. That's disgusting. Even more disgusting is posting them like this where children can see them.
You're disgusting.
How Berzerkeley can YOU be, Caligula?
Just ME

Pleasanton, CA

#203180 Jul 17, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, disgusting is someone who would have thoughts like yours. That's disgusting. Even more disgusting is posting them like this where children can see them.
You're disgusting.
No "dear" thats just a fact, and I agree with you, just the thought of it IS disgusting! Thank you for supporting my thought.:-)
K junkers

Monrovia, CA

#203181 Jul 17, 2013
Junk Harbor's Inc.
laughing man

UK

#203182 Jul 17, 2013
Just ME wrote:
<quoted text>
No "dear" thats just a fact, and I agree with you, just the thought of it IS disgusting! Thank you for supporting my thought.:-)
If we don't finally get some spine and eradicate those cockroaches once and for all, then no child is safe.

Their "pride" parades and Folsom Streets, their daring you to do something, was just the beginning.
Hardders

Monrovia, CA

#203183 Jul 17, 2013
Move over please lets keep this mess down to a slow crawl.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203184 Jul 17, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
If we don't finally get some spine and eradicate those cockroaches once and for all, then no child is safe.
I agree all religious fundamentalists need to be quarantined until we can find a cure, and by all means keep the children away from them.:)

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#203185 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot already?
Procreation is not a requirement for a marriage license
Mating behavior is not stipulated for a marriage license
There are no legal marriage contracts in the animal kingdom as they are not natural, but legal contracts.
Tell you what, every time you post I will be glad to remind you
I'm sorry, the issue was the basic essence of marriage. As I noted before, mating behavior is the primary driver. Legal issues followed much later, primarily to protect mothers and children.

You can dumb down your relationship to a contract, but don't insult intelligent people by calling it marriage.

Location hidden

#203186 Jul 17, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you grow up and realize that it's NONE OF YOUR FREAKING BUSINESS what two people do in the privacy of their own home, as long as what they do occurs between CONSENTING ADULTS and doesn't break any laws.
If you don't want to dip your dick in someone's behind, then DON'T DO IT! Millions of straight and gay people do it every day. It's their lives.
Stop being a child. Or maybe you're actually still a child and posting on an adult website.
Either way, get over it.
Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. It is why it is considered illegal in many countries, and was here until recently.

That medical fact has not changed, and is a major part of how AIDS originated in our country and spread. THAT IS STILL COSTING ALL OF US IN MANY WAYS.

So take your self-righteous hissy fit and stuff it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203187 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, the issue was the basic essence of marriage. As I noted before, mating behavior is the primary driver. Legal issues followed much later, primarily to protect mothers and children.
You can dumb down your relationship to a contract, but don't insult intelligent people by calling it marriage.
The "basic essence of marriage" is a human legal matter, not a natural matter.

There are no legal "marriages” in the animal kingdom outside of human governmental law.

You are free to call your grotesque marriage whatever you want to, but you will not be defining mine or anyone else’s.

There is no requirement of intent or ability for procreation for a marriage license, we marry couples all the time and have for hundreds of years that cannot have children. Your belittling those people is not helping your case in any way at all, you are only driving more people to our side of equality and freedom.
laughing man

UK

#203188 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree all religious fundamentalists need to be quarantined until we can find a cure, and by all means keep the children away from them.:)
You do realize that you've stepped into it big time?

Your kind has all the makings of a Religion, with deeply mysterious acts, mindless slogans, childish screams of "no-believer!!!!" and need for Government protection.
laughing man

UK

#203189 Jul 17, 2013
Stand back, and marvel as Reverend Stain gets ravenous munchies.

Big D

Modesto, CA

#203190 Jul 17, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kind has all the makings of a Religion, with deeply mysterious acts, mindless slogans, childish screams of "no-believer!!!!" and need for Government protection.
Me?

You talking about eradicating people.

That sword can cut both ways

I just enjoy putting peoples comments into perspective by turning their opinions onto themselves.

Or better, Imagine one of those gaudy felt paintings of Jesus at the rock with a speech bubble over his head saying “Wee need to grow a spine and eradicate these people!”

Yeah that kind of puts it in its proper perspective, I don’t assume for one moment that a single” actual Christian” has ever posted in this forum. Just a bunch of people that use that religion as justification for their bigotry and their desire for power over others.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#203191 Jul 17, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean he's a DEMOCRAT !:)

Location hidden

#203192 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no legal "marriages” in the animal kingdom outside of human governmental law.
You are free to call your grotesque marriage whatever you want to, but you will not be defining mine or anyone else’s.
There is no requirement of intent or ability for procreation for a marriage license, we marry couples all the time and have for hundreds of years that cannot have children. Your belittling those people is not helping your case in any way at all, you are only driving more people to our side of equality and freedom.
If there needed to be a 'requirement', we wouldn't need birth control would we?

Idiot.
laughing man

UK

#203193 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Me?
You talking about eradicating people.
That sword can cut both ways
I just enjoy putting peoples comments into perspective by turning their opinions onto themselves.
Or better, Imagine one of those gaudy felt paintings of Jesus at the rock with a speech bubble over his head saying “Wee need to grow a spine and eradicate these people!”
Yeah that kind of puts it in its proper perspective, I don’t assume for one moment that a single” actual Christian” has ever posted in this forum. Just a bunch of people that use that religion as justification for their bigotry and their desire for power over others.
Have any single one of you ever opened your birth canal and spoke up against the Caligulas?

No, quite the contrary. You've defended them.

And now you're going to spray urine because you've discovered you're as wanted as any other disease carrying vermin?

We're long overdue doing a little pest control.
laughing man

UK

#203194 Jul 17, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya mean he's a DEMOCRAT !:)
:)
Big D

Modesto, CA

#203195 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
Fool anyone can by birth control, married or not
laughing man

UK

#203196 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, buddy, would you like to buy some alum lumps?

*SNICKER*

Location hidden

#203197 Jul 17, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Marriage proceeded any legal aspects, and still does in many countries. Laws simply regulated what was already motivated by mating behavior. Hence, the basic essence,'roots' of marriage is mating behavior.

2. I never said nature motivated marriage, I said marriage is a cross CULTURAL constraint on mating behavior. HUMANS, not animals.

However, there is life-long mating behavior among animals, marriage WITHOUT the law.

Location hidden

#203198 Jul 17, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the point, is it?

However, ss couples never need to buy birth control do they?

You really are an idiot...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min JOEL 69,488
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 21 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sun No Time for Tea 5,084
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]