Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,936

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#202775 Jul 15, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a lot of them because this is a stupid statement.
con·straint
[kuhn-streynt] Show IPA
noun
1.limitation or restriction.
2.repression of natural feelings and impulses: to practice constraint.
3.unnatural restraint in manner, conversation, etc.; embarrassment.
4.something that constrains.
5.the act of constraining.
So marriage restricts "evolutionary mating behaviors"?
Were mating behaviors different in the past KiMare? How did they evolve? What did they used to be as opposed to what they are now?
<quoted text>
No that would be you dearie. The post I'm responding to is another example.
You keep confirming your bigoted ignorance better than Big Dummy does.

Smirk.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#202776 Jul 15, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This has to be the post of the month! And this coming from a social "scientist" no less.
Yep...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#202777 Jul 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, that's right, they had to deny the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex. Not to mention the mutually sterility of a SS couple. Several of numerous indications of any natural defect.
I'm not the one wearing a dress claiming to be a wife.
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#202778 Jul 15, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This has to be the post of the month! And this coming from a social "scientist" no less.
Yep..
Jokies

Monrovia, CA

#202779 Jul 15, 2013
Rattle and humm.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202780 Jul 15, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
"Charley don't surf!"..
I love that movie! It is the most real Vietnam movie to my experience. Bobby Duvall is a gem. Check out Apocalypse Now Redux, the extended version for some great scenes not in the original version.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#202781 Jul 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep confirming your bigoted ignorance better than Big Dummy does.
Smirk.
No, I keep confirming your a deceitful, moronic, intentionally agitative c*nt.

Still waiting to hear how mating habits have evolved. Please walk us through the steps. Smirk.

Location hidden

#202782 Jul 15, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting to hear how mating habits have evolved. Please walk us through the steps. Smirk.
You aren't interested in understanding, let alone capable.

I didn't say mating behavior evolved, but all life evolved from genderless life forms. Do you think mating behavior evolved too?

Damn you are one dumb idiot.
July142013

Monrovia, CA

#202783 Jul 15, 2013
Another GOOD ruling, California Supreme Court won't order state to stop gay marriages.

Looks like the prop8 supporter's will have to find another state to make their hate in?

P.S. try overseas!

Please take all your like minded friends with you, if it's church take that too!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#202784 Jul 15, 2013
Irving wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't cry, Rage Stain®. Daddy's here.
just plain dumb too.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#202785 Jul 15, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Another unsubstantiated ad homoan attack.
How do you survive without a brain?
A better question would be why you refuse to obey your Wholly Babble. Here is something for your reading enjoyment:

NT references to non-existent OT prophecies.

(1) "As it is written in Isaiah the prophet,`Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way'(Mark 1:2 RSV)." There is no such prophecy in Isaiah.

(2) "And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets,`He shall be called a Nazarene (Matt. 2:23)." "He shall be called a Nazarene does not exist in the OT. There is no such prophecy." Judges 13:5 ("For, lo, thou shalt conceive and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb") is not applicable because:
(a) A Nazarite was not identical to an inhabitant of Nazareth;
(b) Acts 24:5 ("...a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes") shows that a Nazarene was actually a member of a sect, not a resident of Nazareth;
(c) and the man referred to was Samson, not Jesus. Moreover, Jesus was never called a Nazarene.

(3) "then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value; And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me (Matt. 27:9-10)." There is no such statement in the Book of Jeremiah. Jeremiah 32:8-9 ("...Then I knew that this was the word of the Lord. And I bought the field of Hanameel my uncle's son, that was in Anatoth, and weighed him the money, even seventeen shekels of silver") doesn't apply because:
(a) Matthew says 30 pieces of silver were involved while Jeremiah says 17 shekels of silver;
(b) Jer. 32:9 says Jeremiah alone bought the field, while Matthew says "they" bought the field, and
(c) Matthew is discussing blood money that was not approved by God or allowed in the treasury (Matt. 27:5-8), while that in Jeremiah was approved by God (Jer. 32:8, 14-15).

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#202786 Jul 15, 2013
"For thus saith the Lord; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;...." (Jer. 33:17) and "...I have sworn unto David my servant, Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations" (Psalm 89:3-4) and "Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure for ever and his throne as the sun before me. I shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven" (Psalm 89:35-37, 1 Chron. 17:12, 14) and (2 Sam. 7:13, 16). God said there would always be a Davidic king. Yet, the Davidic line ended with Zedekiah; there was no Jewish (Davidic) king for 450 years. Not until the Hasmoneans (Maccabeans) established a new dynasty with their King Aristobulus, was the Davidic line restored. Since the end of the Hasmonean dynasty there has never been a king of the Jews. No descendant of David is now ruling in the Middle East.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#202788 Jul 15, 2013
July142013 wrote:
Another GOOD ruling, California Supreme Court won't order state to stop gay marriages.
Looks like the prop8 supporter's will have to find another state to make their hate in?
P.S. try overseas!
Please take all your like minded friends with you, if it's church take that too!
Sometimes the State gets it right! But I would never wish to visit American pew warming bigots onto foreign countires, except maybe Saudi Arabia where they would all be beheaded for believing in the wrong God. It would serve them right.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202789 Jul 15, 2013
Oy. Reverend whack job cut and paste again.

Location hidden

#202790 Jul 15, 2013
July142013 wrote:
P.S. try overseas!
Gay marriage is an oxymoron.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202794 Jul 15, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
That from a leftist imbecile who marched in the streets to prop up the Butcher of Baghdad.
Do you live on the indymedia, Brother Stain? Do you constantly chant your hate for America while appeasing the Islamofascists?
C'mon back and tell us that your kind doesn't Appease.
I miss Baghdad Bob. We should have kept that dude. Gave him a high position in the Bush and Obama administrations.

"There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!" -Baghdad Bob. Iraqi Information Minister.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202795 Jul 15, 2013
"The leader of the international criminal gang of bastards."

Baghdad Bob on GHW Bush.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202796 Jul 15, 2013
Stain Watch wrote:
Joanie Baloney and Elaine Stain here in the same hour. And the smilies pile up too.
I like it when Joanie Baloney posts. All angry and sh!t. Gets so upset he can hardly type. Fun!

But the Reverend is boring. Cut and paste bible schtick. Like anyone bothers to read it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202799 Jul 15, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably a lot of them because this is a stupid statement.
con·straint
[kuhn-streynt] Show IPA
noun
1.limitation or restriction.
2.repression of natural feelings and impulses: to practice constraint.
3.unnatural restraint in manner, conversation, etc.; embarrassment.
4.something that constrains.
5.the act of constraining.
So marriage restricts "evolutionary mating behaviors"?
Were mating behaviors different in the past KiMare? How did they evolve? What did they used to be as opposed to what they are now?
<quoted text>
No that would be you dearie. The post I'm responding to is another example.
Ohhhhhhhh Joh-nie......it simply a matter of regulating the sexes as it relates to mating, sex, and procreation. It's really not that hard to see that. Men and women have different functions and approaches in relation to each other, and sex. Why do u think marriage has had two primary forms throughout time and place? It's either been one man one woman, or one man many women.

Take a break for the rainbow spiked punch, it's effecting your thinking.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#202800 Jul 15, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who states they're "gay", that's not happy talk at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min J RULES 69,354
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr patickthered 5,065
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr AZHIGHAZIAM 15,992
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 21 hr GOP bull 2,265
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Sep 10 refer13 1,513
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE