Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,767)

Showing posts 175,321 - 175,340 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
And you need to know that SCROTUS can't erase the knowledge that you're still a shit cultist.
And no matter how many lame posts you make on Topix, you are still a troll.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
In spite of 'psychology, psychiatry, biology and sociology' not knowing what causes homosexuality, you claim they can determine the normalcy?
Do you really think anyone believes that nonsense.
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know what causes gravity either, but we accept it as normal.
Your move, my perineum...
Like a cleft lip, homosexuality has existed in all of human history. Only in the last few decades have scientists known what causes a cleft lip. That determination will likely happen regarding homosexuality shortly.

In the mean time, throughout human history, both a cleft lip and homosexuality have been regarded as abnormal by all cultures.

The gravity of your stupidity is exposed.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
In spite of 'psychology, psychiatry, biology and sociology' not knowing what causes homosexuality, you claim they can determine the normalcy?
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know what causes gravity either, but we accept it as normal.
Your move, my perineum...
In your example, scientists admit they don't know.

In my example, scientists deny they don't know, a clear violation of scientific proof.

Not only does their assessment of homosexuality become meaningless, it exposes their ignorant prejudice.
What

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Like a cleft lip, homosexuality has existed in all of human history. Only in the last few decades have scientists known what causes a cleft lip. That determination will likely happen regarding homosexuality shortly.
In the mean time, throughout human history, both a cleft lip and homosexuality have been regarded as abnormal by all cultures.
The gravity of your stupidity is exposed.
Abnormal does not mean void of rights and freedom....To say being gay is abnormal and to say cleft lip is abnormal is fine but BOTH SHOULD HAVE EQUALITY AND FREEDOM AND CIVIL RIGHTS.....

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And most of us don't write with our left hand either. Should we line all the lefties up and have them fixed?
If you and Kimare represent the best that your side has to offer, then you're doomed.
Oh wait a minute... You guys already lost!
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/03/943...

I'm Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage
by Doug Mainwaring

“I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph, and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.” These words, spoken by Ronald Reagan in 1991, are framed on the wall above my desk. As a gay man, I’ve adopted them as my own, as I’ve entered the national discussion on same-sex marriage.

I wholeheartedly support civil unions for gay and lesbian couples, but I am opposed to same-sex marriage. Because activists have made marriage, rather than civil unions, their goal, I am viewed by many as a self-loathing, traitorous gay. So be it. I prefer to think of myself as a reasoning, intellectually honest human being.

The notion of same-sex marriage is implausible, yet political correctness has made stating the obvious a risky business. Genderless marriage is not marriage at all. It is something else entirely.

Opposition to same-sex marriage is characterized in the media, at best, as clinging to “old-fashioned” religious beliefs and traditions, and at worst, as homophobia and hatred.

I’ve always been careful to avoid using religion or appeals to tradition as I’ve approached this topic. And with good reason: Neither religion nor tradition has played a significant role in forming my stance. But reason and experience certainly have.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2013/03/943...
I'm Gay and I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage
by Doug Mainwaring
Lots of straight folks don't like the idea of marriage, but we don't deny others the right to marry because if their opinions.

The nice thing is that even the naysayers can change their minds and marry at some point if their circumstances and beliefs change, or they can choose never to marry. Their choice, not mine, yours, or society's.

California is a done deal, and every marriage there is recognized by the federal government. That's not going to change.

It's about time you learned to accept it.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text> BOTH SHOULD HAVE EQUALITY AND FREEDOM AND CIVIL RIGHTS.....
Sloganeering fleabagger.

Does AIDS recognize those human ideals?
Twitich

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

You still have time to try and turn back time, jacko's.
What

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sloganeering fleabagger.
Does AIDS recognize those human ideals?
Aids has nothing to do with anything...Anyone can get it if no safe sex is used...as long as you have sex with someone who doesn't have aids cant get aids.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't a tween pipsqueak who is here because GLAAD and GLSEN pays you in Twizzlers and Clearasil, then we could probably rightfully accuse you of being one of the lumpen masses of sewage who to this day is in a rage over the SCROTUS stealing the election from Al Gore.

Keep gloating over 5 to 4 and overpopulation pressures, fecal cultist.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

guest dung beetle wrote:
<quoted text>
And no matter how many lame posts you make on Topix, you are still a troll.
A shit cultist calls someone a troll on a lowest common denominator web site where even shit cultists can post in complete anonymity.

I'm impressed.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Tween Imbecile wrote:
<quoted text>
Aids has nothing to do with anything...Anyone can get it if no safe sex is used...as long as you have sex with someone who doesn't have aids cant get aids.
Shaddup, stupid.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of straight folks don't like the idea of marriage, but we don't deny others the right to marry because if their opinions.
It demonstrates that not all gay folks are lock step behind the rainbow flag, some oppose SSM for the same reason, I, and others who share a similar view.
The nice thing is that even the naysayers can change their minds and marry at some point if their circumstances and beliefs change, or they can choose never to marry. Their choice, not mine, yours, or society's.
California is a done deal, and every marriage there is recognized by the federal government. That's not going to change.
Change is a two way street. Plus there's thirty plus states that maintain marriage conjugalilty.
Cracklings

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Those Crack-Pots just can't get enough.

Late Friday, Attorney General Kamala Harris filed a brief urging the court to deny the request.

Lump it or leave California! You can take your twiity buddies and families back to Utah, AZ or any southern state that will have ya.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to hold off posting, until you can be rational. He got everything right. It is you who is irrational, to think that any of your claptrap would brainwash anyone... Keep trying to make us think that we are wrong to think what we think. Go on, keep trying.
"Your 'explanation' seems to ignore the fact that homosexuality has been documented to naturally occur in over a 1000 species." means that you think that any act that occurs in nature is acceptable. Like wolves eating their young. Or basing our behavior upon animal behavior, like when pigs bathe in shyte. Why don't you have a grand old time, imitating them?
"What IS unnatural is promotion of bigotry, something you seem to be doing quite well." means that you feel persecuted for having us make up our minds that your behavior is aberrant. Deviant. Wrong. Tough cookies, Petunia. You engage in bad behavior, and we will notice it, and comment on it, and disapprove of it.
"You might want to consider natures ability to counter the effects of overpopulation, but obviously that concept escapes you." means absolutely nothing in here, we are not discussing overpopulation, we are discussing SSM, which is abhorrent.
I think it is YOU that needs to stop posting until you're rational, cupcake. If you stop making bigoted, judgmental statements and making fun of people, then maybe you won't have to cry about getting your posts deleted. The information in my post is quite relevant and if either one of you knew sh*t about behavioral science, we wouldn't be having this discussion. As far as you thinking being gay is abhorrent, I could care less, I find YOU equally disgusting, common and stupid.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text> and if either one of you knew sh*t about behavioral science
Holy flying damn, you are the single most stupidest shit cultist seen this hour.

Tell us about Calhoun's rats, Brainiac.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy flying damn, you are the single most stupidest shit cultist seen this hour.
Tell us about Calhoun's rats, Brainiac.
Too bad your mother didn't eat her young, moron.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad your mother didn't eat her young, moron.
That's not an answer, shitferbrains.

You pretended to be "smart", so tell us what you know of behavioral science. Tell us about Calhoun's rats.

The whole world is watching, Brucie. Let's see if homosexists really ARE the type to raise property values.
Bad workers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Take back the streets instead of running from them.

http://www.sbsun.com/breakingnews/ci_23651216...

They work for us, not the other way around!
Bad workers

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

Take back the streets instead of running from them.

http://www.sbsun.com/breakingnews/ci_23651216...

They work for us, not the other way around!

Camera's work and keep the BAD ones off the street and in prison where they belong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 175,321 - 175,340 of199,079
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance