Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,191

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200545 Jul 6, 2013
Speak the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating the same statements 14,000 times does not create truth. It will not change the present. It will not change the future.
You have beat the same drum with angry, self-righteous hands until the drum has disintegrated and turned to dust. All that remains are angry self-bloodied hands that continue to flap in the wind. Let your hands heal. Let them explore new things. Life is short.
14,000? Do you really speak the truth?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200546 Jul 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
God help you if you rely on Kim to fight your battles. Though it is kind of precious when you guys try to circle your wagons.
(Cue the Big D super hero music) "It is not my battle alone to fight, but a conflict engaged in by millions of like minded Americans concerned for the Republic's future generations, to whom we are obligated to pass on to them, the very social instution, cruicial to societal stability, the monogamous union of husband and wife. A union too important to be subject to the revisionist whims of a few who put forth the notion that the male female union is not unique and thus not worthy of societal recognition and privilege alone. No sir, untold future generations of Americans will know that not all of their ancestors went meekly into the night, when confronted by those that would tear down the very notion of conjugality, fidelity, procreativity, elements at the core of the marital union. That there were those who opposed such a detrimental consequential act, faithful citizens, who despite being subjected to threats of violence, and verball taunts, soldiered on. Labeled as "bigots", told their religious beliefs were fairy tales, and even subjected to threats of violence, by individuals, all because they dare question the Orwellian orthodoxy put forth by those who seek nothing less than the complete rejection of the understanding of marriage as a union of both sexes, a concept that has stood since since the birth of the Republic.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#200547 Jul 6, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Red's point, and the counter point. Thanks for the info.
That's a brief rendition. The devil is in the details.

You are welcome.

Location hidden

#200548 Jul 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, I can always tell when I'm dealing with a genius.
Unfortunately, you're not one.
To "embrace" homosexuality doesn't mean that you become homosexual.
Gays have existed since the beginning as far as we know. And even with support of the LGBT community so great on a worldwide basis, we've still managed to put over 7,000,000,000 people on the planet.
I guess we're not as doomed as you think.
Trying to find an article I just read.

If there is a genetic element to homosexuality, and fake ss marriages help relationship duration, that may exactly be the outcome for homosexuals.

I guess that would be a negative outcome of imposing an imposter relationship on marriage, huh?
Red Car

Monrovia, CA

#200549 Jul 6, 2013
More of the passing wind machines, get lost.

Location hidden

#200550 Jul 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You have spent sorry little time poorly summarizing homosexuality in three cultures. Do you really need me to tell you that three cultures hardly represent the entirety of the history of mankind?
And once again, you don't answer the question, "Why should we allow history dictate anything that mankind does in the present?"
You will never learn. I don't expect you to.
That's why dealing with you will always be like shooting hermaphrodite fish in a barrel.
If you want the long version, get the book.

I simply chose the three most commonly gay twirled.

It seems you prefer to learn life's lessons the hard way.

I also see you reverted to gay troll attacks having had your lies exposed once again.

Gay troll on.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#200551 Jul 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
God help you if you rely on Kim to fight your battles. Though it is kind of precious when you guys try to circle your wagons.
Straights call it learning from each other.

Gays wouldn't understand, they are too busy 'circling their wagons'.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#200552 Jul 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
14,000? Do you really speak the truth?
Bowser's repeated the same post 14,000 times...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#200553 Jul 6, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
(Cue the Big D super hero music) "It is not my battle alone to fight, but a conflict engaged in by millions of like minded Americans concerned for the Republic's future generations, to whom we are obligated to pass on to them, the very social instution, cruicial to societal stability, the monogamous union of husband and wife. A union too important to be subject to the revisionist whims of a few who put forth the notion that the male female union is not unique and thus not worthy of societal recognition and privilege alone. No sir, untold future generations of Americans will know that not all of their ancestors went meekly into the night, when confronted by those that would tear down the very notion of conjugality, fidelity, procreativity, elements at the core of the marital union. That there were those who opposed such a detrimental consequential act, faithful citizens, who despite being subjected to threats of violence, and verball taunts, soldiered on. Labeled as "bigots", told their religious beliefs were fairy tales, and even subjected to threats of violence, by individuals, all because they dare question the Orwellian orthodoxy put forth by those who seek nothing less than the complete rejection of the understanding of marriage as a union of both sexes, a concept that has stood since since the birth of the Republic.
Very well said!

Who said it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
like you care

UK

#200554 Jul 6, 2013
Has "Rose Feratu" or any of the other Caligulas mentioned this? No, but of course not.

Video shows men attacking religious protesters at Pridefest

http://www.komonews.com/news/crime/Video-show...

SEATTLE -- A protester holding a sign reading "Repent or Else" was attacked by a group of people following a loud argument during Pridefest Sunday, according to the Seattle Police Department....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homofascist Watch

UK

#200555 Jul 6, 2013
And remember, friends, they're just like you and me.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#200556 Jul 6, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>too bad there just isn't more hungry lions
CAN AN ATHEIST GET INSURANCE AGAINST ACTS OF GOD?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#200557 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I also see you reverted to gay troll attacks having had your lies exposed once again.
Gay troll on.
So, you can't be bothered with facts--not interested in learning anything about the truth.

That's fine... I don't care.

By the way, you showed your hand once again. You approve of the supposed historical mistreatment--murder, abuse, banishment, etc.--of gays and lesbians. You believe that's what should happen now--you embrace it.

Each time you post, you prove that you are, indeed, a monster.

Location hidden

#200558 Jul 6, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>CAN AN ATHEIST GET INSURANCE AGAINST ACTS OF GOD?
LOL

Location hidden

#200559 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay troll on.

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay troll on.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you can't be bothered with facts--not interested in learning anything about the truth.
By the way, you showed your hand once again. You approve of the supposed historical mistreatment--murder, abuse, banishment, etc.--of gays and lesbians. You believe that's what should happen now--you embrace it.
Yeah, that's what I said,

and there is such a thing as 'ss marriage'.

LOL
Red Kap

Monrovia, CA

#200560 Jul 6, 2013
How many albino donkeys do you have in your backyard?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#200561 Jul 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lighten up fruitcake.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200562 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said!
Who said it?
That would be myself.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#200563 Jul 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay troll on.
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay troll on.
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's what I said,
and there is such a thing as 'ss marriage'.
LOL
Isn't that what you said? Did I misunderstand? You believe that history was correct in rejecting homosexuality. How did they reject them? Are you so stupid that you think they simply "disapproved"?

Early in our own country's history homosexuality was a crime punishable by death. Aren't those the "good old days" you want us to return to?

Here's to history... Right, you creature?

Location hidden

#200564 Jul 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that what you said? Did I misunderstand? You believe that history was correct in rejecting homosexuality. How did they reject them? Are you so stupid that you think they simply "disapproved"?
Early in our own country's history homosexuality was a crime punishable by death. Aren't those the "good old days" you want us to return to?
Here's to history... Right, you creature?
Queen,

When you write things like that, it's not called 'history', its fiction.

Now stop whining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr scirocco 70,102
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep '14 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs