Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
173,881 - 173,900 of 200,565 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
they're just afraid of polygamists. They believe that they will be trivialized as "inferior" when marriage cases are tried, or something like that. A marriage of 3 will hold more validity than a marriage of 2, and they will be back in the back seat, again...
Yes. To these selfish and very paranoid jackasses polygamy is just a plot against same sex marriage. It's a "red herring". As if that dismisses it.

Or even worse, some of them suggest it's an excuse to rape little girls. Or the good old "polygamists are religious so don't deserve rights". Those two were Jizzy's arguments against marriage equality today.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little Guido....Embrace the diversity and tolerance, revel in it....
Oh hell yeah that's the only way to be. Rise above it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate this country? Did this country not give you enough respect? You want the REAL patriots to leave her undefended. You should be deported. Back to "Freakitania", or wherever the f**k it is that you were hatched....
Mona Lott or whatever his sock of the moth is once went on a rant declaring Vietnam combat vets were PTSD drug addicts and baby killers and that's why I was wrong.

He is a particularly nasty and disrespectful little piece of work from the Joisey swamp. Remember Zachary on TV? Always talking about the "missing link" from the Jersey swamp.
Laughing Elections

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

When our city council (Glendora) was up for election these “boobs” were our heros (?) and those who were running against our hero's were the boobs.

I always wondered how Judy Nelson, a real bimbo, could get enough votes, she did very little during the campaign yet she won. Judy was taking crash courses on city politics and practices from Chris Jeffers during working time periods in city hall, talk about wasting tax pays money, on her. She had been hand picked by the (dark shadow people) pulling the political strings in Glendora, California.

Karen Davis had an affair, a divorce and a bankruptcy, but what’s the dif, who cares, vote her in. The affair wasn't with another female as many thought but rather with a male Glendora Police Officer instead, you remember the cop who suddenly left and after the dust cleared returned to the GPD.

Douglas Tessitor is on the verge of senility but he's still putters along as long as he doesn’t drool while in pubic view. The doctors keep him well supplied with pills and drugs, many can't wait for the next public viewing of his comedy antics.

Gene Murabito I can understand, I think he has a connection with the Mafia, cross him and its all over. Wasn't there a height requirement posted, you must be this tall before you can ride this?

What are the good, honest voters of Glendora, California thinking of when they vote?

Those mail in ballots are screened for the correct person who is sending in the correct vote, they are moved to the front of the line and the others just might not make it to the sorting room at all and might get misplaced or lost all together.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
Why is freedom and equality and justice such a bad idea to the far right..
As I've said many many times before, I always play you Godless tards on your own turf. You believe in Evolution, right?

Evolution doesn't give a flying pillow bite about your "freedom" and "equality" or your stupid idea of "justice".

Why are you despised by everyone elses very DNA? Why didn't Evolution consider your widdle fweelings and make the straights join hands and sing the praises of Der Sphincter?

You shriek of "freedom" and conveniently ignore how Africans are the ones who realized that selling their very own was a jolly good Capitalist idea.

The Communists that you swoon over will force you to stand in line all day for a pair of shoes two sizes too small. Or maybe it's a roll of gritty toilet paper you wanted? Oh lookie, the guy ahead of you bribed a member of the Politburo, and he went to the head of the line. Such injustice! And to think that all your life you propagandized for the Party.

Justice? An erupting volcano or a tsunami that kills perhaps thousands of minorities doesn't give a shit about your childishly idiotic ideals. Neither will a rogue asteroid.

You people don't have the intelligence of corn in shit.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_i...

United States[edit]
In the United States the District of Columbia and every state, except Rhode Island, have some form of codified incest prohibition.[37] However, individual statutes vary widely. Rhode Island repealed its criminal incest statute in 1989,[37] Ohio only targets parental figures,[37] and New Jersey does not apply any penalties when both parties are 18 years of age or older.[37] A conviction for incest attracts the following penalties by state:
5 years imprisonment in Hawaii
10 years imprisonment in North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota
14 years imprisonment in California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Idaho
15 years imprisonment in Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia
20 years imprisonment in Massachusetts, New York, New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania, and Vermont
25 years imprisonment in Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky
Life imprisonment in Florida, Georgia,[38] Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Three convictions or more of incest also require the offenders to register as "Sex Offenders"
In all states, close blood-relatives that fall under the incest statutes include:
Father
Mother
Grandfather
Grandmother
Brother
Sister
Aunt
Uncle
Niece
Nephew
First cousins (in some states)
Rhode Island allows uncles to marry their nieces if they are part of a community, such as orthodox Jews, for whom such marriages are permitted. Many states also apply incest laws to non-blood relations, including stepparents, step-siblings, and in-laws.[39]
UCLA law professor Eugene Volokh has questioned the rationale behind laws prohibiting incest, at least as they apply to sex between adults.[40]

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
Why is freedom and equality and justice such a bad idea to the far right..
Logically, "freedom" as it relates to this issue, would mean NO state involvement in one's personal intimate relationship. "Equality"? Too ambiguous, please explain.
Stone washed

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Funny how Obama and company love the Muslims - try to be Christian, or gay, or a free woman, in a Muslim-controlled country. They'll kill you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
they're just afraid of polygamists. They believe that they will be trivialized as "inferior" when marriage cases are tried, or something like that. A marriage of 3 will hold more validity than a marriage of 2, and they will be back in the back seat, again...
Just upset that the Polys will crash their Big Fat Gay Wedding.
Leaky facuet

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Even a excessive water bill can drown your creditCredit agencies are really interested in your complete financial profile, even utility payments.

So a late phone bill, a late water bill or a turn off for non payment etc. could also impact your mortgage rate.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said many many times before, I always play you Godless tards on your own turf....
Lookit all the negative smilies, simply for speaking Truth to Power®.

There's no Justice, I tell ya.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I've told you. If one man can marry a woman, another man should have that same right. Equal rights for all, remember, dolt?
Exactly! Well done.

“All your bullets ricochet”

Since: Jun 13

The South Pole

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I thought you were on here for the boys.
Bye.
I thought you were, Frau Kirschmann.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, son. Shoving it down his throat...
:-D
Thanks Rock, but Joh-née might misconstrue that "shoving down his throat..."

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What hasn't evolved?
Ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage. A mating behavior defective failure.
Clearly not the same as or equal to marriage.
You keep hoping that someone will eventually buy into your belief that marriage and mating behavior MUST go together--that one cannot take place unless the other is present.

We all know that the vast majority of people marry one another because of love and attraction. Very rarely do people think about babies on their wedding night--unless there's already a bun in the oven.

And the number of married people who have children has significantly decreased over the past few decades.

Face it, Kim, your argument is weak as water.

But, I guess since the Supreme Court smacked you down this past week, you have to hold onto something.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like AIDS, or the Bubonic Plague?
No, I was thinking more like racism or total stupidity. Based on a few of your posts tonight, looks like you're eat up with both.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
WWWWAAHHH!!! Sit down and STFU, cupcake, you aren't worth the sweat on my balls, it's why I hardly reply to your posts anymore. Sit down and shuddup, before I put you there, again.
Oh, girl, PLEASE put me there again. I don't sweat you or you shriveled-up, raisin-like balls.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are, but, what am I?
A troll.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting, homosexuals have the "standing" to challenge state law and rulings in the federal court system, but the people lack standing to challenge such decisions?
Such is the issue with the ruling by the SCOTUS..
But like I said, you are near-sighted, and can't comprehend the deep rooted implications of the SCOTUS opinion.
I think I understand the implications fairly well. I mean, Christ Almighty, every LGBT attorney in this country is talking about it. I listen. I read. I understand.

If there wasn't anything for those states with DOMA laws to worry about, why are a handful of right-wing, zealots promising to try to pass a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage as being between one man and one woman?

They see the handwriting on the wall. They know it's coming. And they're scared as hell.

Thirty percent of the country now lives in an area where same-sex marriage is legal.

Hell, at the turn of this century, barely 30 percent of the population approved of same-sex marriage.

"Right" always finds a way.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

What is marriage, you ask?

Marriage is two people divinely united as one. One person guarding your heart more than their own. One for time and storm weathered strength. One for the life-long commitment of spirits united. One that is familiar with my soul secrets. One that knows the good and bad, and still loves. One enjoying the fruit of familiarity. One that knows and delights in pleasing ALL the private and hidden parts of another. And most powerful? One intimacy that is shared with no one else. That is a climax that only happens in real marriage. Anything less is a sacrilege.

Who is the author, you ask? Let the Great Eye of Goolgle show you the way. Replace four words with two.

http://watchmann.blogspot.com/2011_09_01_arch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info