Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,038

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Leaky facuet

Monrovia, CA

#199915 Jul 2, 2013
Even a excessive water bill can drown your creditCredit agencies are really interested in your complete financial profile, even utility payments.

So a late phone bill, a late water bill or a turn off for non payment etc. could also impact your mortgage rate.
laughing man

UK

#199916 Jul 2, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said many many times before, I always play you Godless tards on your own turf....
Lookit all the negative smilies, simply for speaking Truth to Power®.

There's no Justice, I tell ya.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#199922 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I've told you. If one man can marry a woman, another man should have that same right. Equal rights for all, remember, dolt?
Exactly! Well done.

“Religion kills”

Since: Jun 13

Down Under

#199926 Jul 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I thought you were on here for the boys.
Bye.
I thought you were, Frau Kirschmann.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#199934 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, son. Shoving it down his throat...
:-D
Thanks Rock, but Joh-née might misconstrue that "shoving down his throat..."

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#199937 Jul 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What hasn't evolved?
Ss couples are only ever a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage. A mating behavior defective failure.
Clearly not the same as or equal to marriage.
You keep hoping that someone will eventually buy into your belief that marriage and mating behavior MUST go together--that one cannot take place unless the other is present.

We all know that the vast majority of people marry one another because of love and attraction. Very rarely do people think about babies on their wedding night--unless there's already a bun in the oven.

And the number of married people who have children has significantly decreased over the past few decades.

Face it, Kim, your argument is weak as water.

But, I guess since the Supreme Court smacked you down this past week, you have to hold onto something.

Knoxville, TN

#199940 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like AIDS, or the Bubonic Plague?
No, I was thinking more like racism or total stupidity. Based on a few of your posts tonight, looks like you're eat up with both.

Knoxville, TN

#199944 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
WWWWAAHHH!!! Sit down and STFU, cupcake, you aren't worth the sweat on my balls, it's why I hardly reply to your posts anymore. Sit down and shuddup, before I put you there, again.
Oh, girl, PLEASE put me there again. I don't sweat you or you shriveled-up, raisin-like balls.
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#199947 Jul 2, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are, but, what am I?
A troll.

Knoxville, TN

#199954 Jul 2, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting, homosexuals have the "standing" to challenge state law and rulings in the federal court system, but the people lack standing to challenge such decisions?
Such is the issue with the ruling by the SCOTUS..
But like I said, you are near-sighted, and can't comprehend the deep rooted implications of the SCOTUS opinion.
I think I understand the implications fairly well. I mean, Christ Almighty, every LGBT attorney in this country is talking about it. I listen. I read. I understand.

If there wasn't anything for those states with DOMA laws to worry about, why are a handful of right-wing, zealots promising to try to pass a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage as being between one man and one woman?

They see the handwriting on the wall. They know it's coming. And they're scared as hell.

Thirty percent of the country now lives in an area where same-sex marriage is legal.

Hell, at the turn of this century, barely 30 percent of the population approved of same-sex marriage.

"Right" always finds a way.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

#199955 Jul 2, 2013
What is marriage, you ask?

Marriage is two people divinely united as one. One person guarding your heart more than their own. One for time and storm weathered strength. One for the life-long commitment of spirits united. One that is familiar with my soul secrets. One that knows the good and bad, and still loves. One enjoying the fruit of familiarity. One that knows and delights in pleasing ALL the private and hidden parts of another. And most powerful? One intimacy that is shared with no one else. That is a climax that only happens in real marriage. Anything less is a sacrilege.

Who is the author, you ask? Let the Great Eye of Goolgle show you the way. Replace four words with two.

http://watchmann.blogspot.com/2011_09_01_arch...

Knoxville, TN

#199956 Jul 2, 2013
Speak the Truth wrote:
What is marriage, you ask?
Marriage is two people divinely united as one. One person guarding your heart more than their own. One for time and storm weathered strength. One for the life-long commitment of spirits united. One that is familiar with my soul secrets. One that knows the good and bad, and still loves. One enjoying the fruit of familiarity. One that knows and delights in pleasing ALL the private and hidden parts of another. And most powerful? One intimacy that is shared with no one else. That is a climax that only happens in real marriage. Anything less is a sacrilege.
Who is the author, you ask? Let the Great Eye of Goolgle show you the way. Replace four words with two.
http://watchmann.blogspot.com/2011_09_01_arch...
Wow! And not a single word about "cross-cultural constraints" or "mating behavior" or "dumbed-down half a marriage"...

I'd say most people, gay and straight, would agree with this definition of marriage.
Speak the Truth

Long Beach, CA

#199957 Jul 2, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! And not a single word about "cross-cultural constraints" or "mating behavior" or "dumbed-down half a marriage"...
I'd say most people, gay and straight, would agree with this definition of marriage.
Yes indeed. To further expose the hipocracy that is KiMare, some additional passages from the very same blog, 11-10-2010:

"Same-sex relationships have every right to be defined in specific ways. They should also have the necessary protections and justice."

"I have no desire to make you defensive or offend you. I hope we can debate these issues in a polite and fair way. I know I have much more to learn, but this is what I have come to so far."

"Casting stones does no one any good"

Have these self-acclaimed values, as written by the blog author, been demonstrated in Topix? I think not.
Ben Frankbutt

San Francisco, CA

#199959 Jul 2, 2013
Did you say what's up? Obama Boo Boo and his buddy Long John Silver.
abc

Glendale, CA

#199960 Jul 3, 2013
test

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#199961 Jul 3, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Like AIDS, or the Bubonic Plague?
Sounds like you recovered from your AIDS, Rock.

“Religion kills”

Down Under

#199962 Jul 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep hoping that someone will eventually buy into your belief that marriage and mating behavior MUST go together--that one cannot take place unless the other is present.
We all know that the vast majority of people marry one another because of love and attraction. Very rarely do people think about babies on their wedding night--unless there's already a bun in the oven.
And the number of married people who have children has significantly decreased over the past few decades.
But, I guess since the Supreme Court smacked you down this past week, you have to hold onto something.
He's going to set up a pie shop with Anita Bryant. Once they've cleaned it all out of their faces.
sdfsdf

Hanoi, Vietnam

#199963 Jul 3, 2013
wefwerwefwef

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199972 Jul 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said OR insinuated that procreation 'must' go with marriage. It simply is a natural result of marriage.

It NEVER is a result of ss couples.

Did SCOTUS change that fact? Really? I can't wait to see.

Snicker smirk.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#199973 Jul 3, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I understand the implications fairly well. I mean, Christ Almighty, every LGBT attorney in this country is talking about it. I listen. I read. I understand.
If there wasn't anything for those states with DOMA laws to worry about, why are a handful of right-wing, zealots promising to try to pass a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage as being between one man and one woman?
They see the handwriting on the wall. They know it's coming. And they're scared as hell.
Thirty percent of the country now lives in an area where same-sex marriage is legal.
Hell, at the turn of this century, barely 30 percent of the population approved of same-sex marriage.
"Right" always finds a way.
Many people give into manipulation and propaganda. History is full of examples.

Reality always wins when 'right' is perverted. Keep that in mind VV.

It is interesting that both Islam and the homosexual agenda are on the rise at the same time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min HughBe 69,541
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Bucketeers 7,967
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr do it here 16,011
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]