Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
173,561 - 173,580 of 200,364 Comments Last updated 45 min ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

This is what happens when freedom rings...

"San Francisco issues 563 same-sex marriage licenses over weekend"
July 1, 2013

On Monday, San Francisco’s City Hall was about as deserted as it should be for the first week in July, but that was hardly the case over the weekend.

Once the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals lifted their stay late Friday afternoon and allowed gay marriages to resume in California, same-sex couples rushed to the clerk’s office and kept coming throughout what was an extra special Pride weekend for some.

A total of 563 same-sex marriage licenses were issued since Friday in San Francisco, the only county in the state to stay open over the weekend for gay couples who couldn’t wait until Monday, said Assessor-Recorder Carmen Chu in a statement.

ON AVERAGE, ABOUT 48 COUPLES A DAY GET A MARRIAGE LICENSE AT CITY HALL, City Administrator spokesman Bill Barnes said. The city is encouraging any couples getting married in the near future to register online for a time to pick up their license, and Barnes said the city administrator’s office has added an additional 15 appointment slots per day.

And while few expected gay marriages to resume so quickly after the Supreme Court’s Proposition 8 decision on Wednesday, the 60 volunteers the city had been training to record and issue licenses and perform weddings still came through.

“I am deeply touched by the outpouring of support from our city employees and volunteers who took the time to be here at City Hall, working after hours and on their weekend, to perform our collective duties – that of ensuring that loving same-sex couples don’t have to wait to marry any longer,” Chu said.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Brucie the gay parrot wrote:
<quoted text>
No rational argument!
No rational argument!
I can't see!
I can't see!!!!
Save me, Der Sphincter!!!!!
SQUAWWWWKKKKK!!!!!
Guess you agree with me that there isn't a rational argument against gay marriage or you would have posted one.
BTW, stupid, unlike you, parrots don't just engage in mindless repetition. They know how make up terms, and understand abstract concepts. Again, unlike you.
Big D

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
This is what happens when freedom rings...
"San Francisco issues 563 same-sex marriage licenses over weekend"
July 1, 2013
On Monday, San Francisco’s City Hall was about as deserted as it should be for the first week in July, but that was hardly the case over the weekend.
Once the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals lifted their stay late Friday afternoon and allowed gay marriages to resume in California, same-sex couples rushed to the clerk’s office and kept coming throughout what was an extra special Pride weekend for some.
A total of 563 same-sex marriage licenses were issued since Friday in San Francisco, the only county in the state to stay open over the weekend for gay couples who couldn’t wait until Monday, said Assessor-Recorder Carmen Chu in a statement.
ON AVERAGE, ABOUT 48 COUPLES A DAY GET A MARRIAGE LICENSE AT CITY HALL, City Administrator spokesman Bill Barnes said. The city is encouraging any couples getting married in the near future to register online for a time to pick up their license, and Barnes said the city administrator’s office has added an additional 15 appointment slots per day.
And while few expected gay marriages to resume so quickly after the Supreme Court’s Proposition 8 decision on Wednesday, the 60 volunteers the city had been training to record and issue licenses and perform weddings still came through.
“I am deeply touched by the outpouring of support from our city employees and volunteers who took the time to be here at City Hall, working after hours and on their weekend, to perform our collective duties – that of ensuring that loving same-sex couples don’t have to wait to marry any longer,” Chu said.
Your breath reeks of sperm.
You need to use Lavoris and brush your teeth after blowing your lover.
Big D

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a goddamned stud!
No... you are a mincing queer. You have never been a stud.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumber than you? Impossible!
<quoted text>
That.... makes....NO SENSE!
<quoted text>
Uhhhh...huh.....let's put urinals in the women's locker room too, and sanitary napkin dispensers in the men's room.
Stupid, damn, you are breathtakingly stupid. We are talking about the law. And AFAIK, there are no laws against putting urinals in women's locker rooms, nor sanitary napkin dispensers in men's rooms.
The Troll Stopper

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid, damn, you are breathtakingly stupid. We are talking about the law. And AFAIK, there are no laws against putting urinals in women's locker rooms, nor sanitary napkin dispensers in men's rooms.
Hey Rose, how's your hammer hanging?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point Bowser?
You're asking me to comment on another poster's comment? You're getting confused.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And they do. Nobody can marry more than one person. Equal.
In most states, nobody can marry someone of the same sex. Equal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Camels, not Marlboros.
That was my brand. Best cigarette in the world. Used to buy them on the ship when I was in the Navy for $1 a carton. Now a carton of Camels in NY costs $125! My brother smokes them. He'll go without a cigarette for a week if there's no Camel straights. Pun intended.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do racists call black people monkeys when monkeys have light skin, thin lips, straight hair and flat butts? I've always found that amusing.
I find it amusing that you know a lot about monkey parts.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Recommending someone stay on topic is hardly censoring the person.
Polygamy is perfectly on topic in any discussion of marriage equality. Why do you attempt to censor it?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do racists call black people monkeys when monkeys have light skin, thin lips, straight hair and flat butts? I've always found that amusing.
I didn't.

“Let the games begin. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If your comment was translated to sound, all I would hear is flatulence.
He needs some charcoal tablets, then.

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You deny reality, but claim the ability to judge for God.
Actually, that's every post of yours I've seen for the last year. You do exactly that.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, stupid, unlike you, parrots don't just engage in mindless repetition. They know how make up terms, and understand abstract concepts. Again, unlike you.
You're quite the imbecile, aren't you? Did you miss the abstract "Save me, Der Sphincter"?

*snicker*

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What do we, as a society say, to the "tens of thousands of children" being raised by their OWN biological mother and father within the context of a plural marriage, that their parents are relegated to second class citizenship status because their marriage us not legally recognized?
I would tell them that they're better off outside the FLDS.

Botany Bay

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a goddamned stud!
You know, you will type better using both hands.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I would tell them that they're better off outside the FLDS.
And they would tell you you'd be better off inside the FLDS.

If polygamy were allowed it would still be so rare you would never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.

Marriage. There is no one right way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

Rosa_Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you will type better using both hands.
You sound like a man of experience.

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rose, how's your hammer hanging?
Why can't one of you dumb asp trolls explain this to me:
If I were a man, why would I consider being told I'm well hung an insult?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min HughBe 68,444
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 29 min rain or snow to slow 15,928
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 30 min Abrahem 7,849
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 34 min tail pipe 4,898
No Kids Allowed: Babies Effectively Banned at C... 1 hr Love the Policy 1
Seaside In-N-Out should be ready by summer '15 21 hr Watchdog 2
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••