Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,974

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#198941 Jun 29, 2013
Interesting, the SCOTUS just told the citizens that they have no right to seek a redress of grievances against their political overlords.

Good work guys..
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198942 Jun 29, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Even worse that a troll is a troll like you who impersonates other posters and their honeys.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#198943 Jun 29, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people. They may do this by posting deliberately inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
I, on the other hand, am keeping all the facts on the table.

In so doing, I am doing the loving and courageous act of confronting denial.

The truth of this is evident by your inability to directly address my points.

It is further evidenced by the fact that a near senile, old jack ass with simple common sense has a bunch of girls in a hissy fit.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198944 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Then stop saying that we are stopping you. Dang son, you are not to bright.
Produce a post where I said you were stopping me young lad.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198945 Jun 29, 2013
Bowser wrote:
By the way Frankie, I didn't see any additional points made about poly. I anxiously await any new discussion points you may have.
Wait in one hand sh!t in the other and see which fills up faster, troll. Let us know. Have fun. No I'm not mad, are you?
Bowser

Long Beach, CA

#198958 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait in one hand sh!t in the other and see which fills up faster, troll. Let us know. Have fun. No I'm not mad, are you?
No, I'm not mad about anything. You seem to be. And still have not added any new "conversation" points. I though you were here to discuss something? It seems you are here for some other reason:

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#198963 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Brushing aside the gay twirl pontification,
I'm not stopping anyone from loving another person, or establishing a contract or rights.
I'm simply and accurately saying the ss couples do not equate to marriage. Either in make-up or result.
Clearly, the ruling by SCOTUS has been unable to adjudicate those differences.
Even the gay hordes in adamant denial have been unable to rectify those distinctions.
Who do I believe, you, or my eyes???
A little early to be hitting the bottle, don't you think? I mean, that's the ONLY explanation for your comment.

It's just more of your denial/delusions nonsense.

If you hadn't made such an ass of yourself over the years, I'd feel a little sympathy for you. But as it is, you're just a pathetic mess who can't deal the reality of the world you live in.

Knoxville, TN

#198966 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I, on the other hand, am keeping all the facts on the table.
In so doing, I am doing the loving and courageous act of confronting denial.
The truth of this is evident by your inability to directly address my points.
It is further evidenced by the fact that a near senile, old jack ass with simple common sense has a bunch of girls in a hissy fit.
Sad... Just so sad...

Dear God, please help the self-described "near senile, old jack ass" with his mental health issues. Thank you... The planet

Knoxville, TN

#198969 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote: Perfect example of your responses. When denying the truth doesn't work, then the truth doesn't matter. Like the SCOTUS ruling, your opinion is having the same effect on reality. You have a partnership, you do not have a marriage. Even you admitted two key differences out of many. Oh, parents produce children. Ss couples mutually don't. Ever. And if children have a choice between the two, they choose parents. Smile.
<quoted text>
Where did I say they were a requirement? Why would they need to be required when they are a natural result of mating behavior and the marriage union?
Clearly the idiot is you.
Smirk.
"Mating behavior" or as the rest of us call it "sexual intercourse" does not always result in children. Marriage unions do not always result in children. So, it is not a "natural result" of sexual intercourse; and certainly not a "natural result" of the marriage union.

See how simple that was?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#198972 Jun 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundamental difference is love and respect vs hate and contempt
I agree that is the difference between the Christian and the atheist. Maybe that's why Pol Pot killed so many people. Time to take his poster down.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198973 Jun 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
A little early to be hitting the bottle, don't you think?
No.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Elk Grove, CA

#198974 Jun 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad... Just so sad...
Dear God, please help the self-described "near senile, old jack ass" with his mental health issues. Thank you... The planet
I think you posted that to the wrong person, that's perfect for big d.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#198975 Jun 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm comparing marriage inequality to those things.
"Marriage inequality"? I thought the wife and husband were equally represented in the marriage.
And I'll go further and add heterosexism to that list.
Ahhhh the politics of sexual identity. Is there homosexism? Bisexism?
The institution of open and legal slavery has all but disappeared from the planet. Compare that to how prevalent slavery has been throughout time and in different cultures. The earliest indication of slavery was in 1760 BC.
"David P. Forsythe wrote:'The fact remained that at the beginning of the nineteenth century an estimated three-quarters of all people alive were trapped in bondage against their will either in some form of slavery or serfdom'".
However, in 1981 the country Mauritania abolished legal slavery--the last country on the planet to do so.
An institution that existed legally for nearly 4,000 years; maybe longer, came to an end.
Ohhhhhhhhhh Kay.......so that relates to marriage.....how?
Societies simply stopped tolerating it.
So society should stop tolerating men and women joining together in marriage? Stop recognizing it?
Societies around the globe have stopped tolerating marriage inequality as well. They're stopping heterosexist ideology as well.
Where do you get this stuff from? The Rainbow handbook of sexual identity politics? Do call your mom and dad, heterosexists?
Openly LGBT individuals are seeking and getting equal rights. The days of discrimination and prejudice are fading away.
Yesssss....and no. Part of what they're "getting" is a redefinition of marriage, that affects all of society.
In a few generations folks will look back at these times and say, "Why did our ancestors make such a big deal about being gay? It's just another characteristic like being blond or being tall or being Caucasian or being left-handed, etc."
But is it though? Or future generations may look back and say, "remember marriage"? Or "whatever happened to all those rainbow flags and bumper stickers"......"oh that was just a phase".....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198976 Jun 29, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not mad about anything. You seem to be. And still have not added any new "conversation" points. I though you were here to discuss something? It seems you are here for some other reason:
SHUDDUP troll. You deserve no respect or response. Don't try to wheedle any out of me. I'll respond to you if and when it amuses me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Elk Grove, CA

#198977 Jun 29, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>
add impersonating and you just described yourself

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198979 Jun 29, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Woweeeeee, It's such a pity that Tattoo has declared this thread dead and moot. You hear that, everybody, we can all go home now..... Spiro Gyra has shut us down.
That'd be Old SniffsButt Bill of a thousand socks. He's too cowardly to use the same nic and too stupid to not be obviously Bill. His moronic writing gives him away. That and his moronic content and moronic attempts at wit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#198980 Jun 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mating behavior" or as the rest of us call it "sexual intercourse" does not always result in children.
True......but as the saying goes, "two go to bed, but three get up".
Marriage unions do not always result in children. So, it is not a "natural result" of sexual intercourse; and certainly not a "natural result" of the marriage union.
Uhhhhhhh....huh. What is the natural result of colitis? Conception. Does it occur in envy single instance? Of course not, that doesn't mean human reproduction isn't sexual. High School biology 101/Sex Ed.

See how simple that was?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198982 Jun 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
True......but as the saying goes, "two go to bed, but three get up".
<quoted text>
Uhhhhhhh....huh. What is the natural result of colitis? Conception. Does it occur in envy single instance? Of course not, that doesn't mean human reproduction isn't sexual. High School biology 101/Sex Ed.
See how simple that was?
Pietro, if that moron Zoro pipes up, please tell him that prop 8 discriminated against polygamy too. The meathead doesn't believe me although it's such a simple concept. Thanks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198983 Jun 29, 2013
The judge-it rigging faerie is feverishly rigging the judge-its. Too funny. I bet he's going for 10 today.

Can anyone imagine what kind of loser would do that like it matters or something?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#198984 Jun 29, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put, sir. That xolo is a puff piece, if ever there was one...
Thank you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min Eric 69,397
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 5 hr scoop 2,273
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 18 hr zhuzhamm 5,079
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 23 hr Pizza 16,000
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Wed Blazing saddles 7,954
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info