Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#198879 Jun 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets take them one by one.
Which culture has allowed ss couples being married from start to finish?
Let's try a more important question. What difference will the answer to your question make?

Here, let me help you out. NONE.

Have a nice day!!
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#198880 Jun 29, 2013
As Rose No_Ho would put it:

But the little puppies are always saying, What about we PEOPLE lovers? Will we grow up carrying the stigma of Big Government not permitting us to marry the man we love and respect?

Ronald
laughing man

Anonymous Proxy

#198881 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>God issued a recal on you, he gave you a train, and not a brain. He is sorry.
No cartoons on Saturday, so this is the best that GLAAD could recruit.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198882 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Lets see, in Cali, its legal for two people of the same sex to marry. Now can you say the same thing for polygamy? HUH and I am the moron. Well skippy I don't think so.
Jizzy, you keep insisting that prop 8 didn't discriminate against polygamy and you are still WRONG. It did. If it didn't, prove it.
Do you think if you try to tell me a few hundred more times reality will change for you?.

Prop 8 banned polygamy as surely as it banned SSM. Sure, there are still laws against it but that's not the point. The point is prop 8 discriminated against polygamy too yet you insist it didn't. Why?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198883 Jun 29, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to get it through your thick head, Gay Americans donít give a s..t how you feel? After centuries of oppression Gay People Worldwide are a force to be reckoned with and all you can do is snivel about it. Do you honestly think that the few hater mouth-pieces on this site represent the whole of non-Gay Americans? Your hate is shriveling up with you and your ilk. Your response in proof of how arrogant and entitled you and your ilk are; accept the fact that youíre powerless and impotent, and too lazy and stupid to have any importance or effect on the rights of Gay Americans. So, consider yourself slapped in the face and heartfelt f..k you, to you. ROFLMFGAO!!!!!
Well, I gave a sh!t how you felt and supported same sex marriage. If it was just for you I wouldn't have, but I know many gay people and they are generally wonderful people. I did it for them.

You are being very stupid to believe I am against marriage equality. The fact is I support it and you don't. You are a hypocrite
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198884 Jun 29, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
No cartoons on Saturday, so this is the best that GLAAD could recruit.
LMAO! Yep. Jizzy is fun.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198886 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I gave a sh!t how you felt and supported same sex marriage. If it was just for you I wouldn't have, but I know many gay people and they are generally wonderful people. I did it for them.
You are being very stupid to believe I am against marriage equality. The fact is I support it and you don't. You are a hypocrite
You did what for Gay people? Belittle them, nice job.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198887 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jizzy, you keep insisting that prop 8 didn't discriminate against polygamy and you are still WRONG. It did. If it didn't, prove it.
Do you think if you try to tell me a few hundred more times reality will change for you?.
Prop 8 banned polygamy as surely as it banned SSM. Sure, there are still laws against it but that's not the point. The point is prop 8 discriminated against polygamy too yet you insist it didn't. Why?
No in each 50 states there are but one. If Prop 8 was tied to polygamy, why didn't SCOTUS address it?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#198888 Jun 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
The state of Connecticut, and now the federal government, says I'm married. They have more say in the matter then you do. To say I'm not married is a lie. Your god hates people that lie.
Smile, and enjoy your trip to hell!
Did the state of Connecticut declare you, and your partner, "husband and wife"?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198890 Jun 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the state of Connecticut declare you, and your partner, "husband and wife"?
Does it matter husband and husband, wife and wife? He is still married, under state law. Next up , Pietro screams its not right gay people cant reproduce.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198891 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>No in each 50 states there are but one. If Prop 8 was tied to polygamy, why didn't SCOTUS address it?
Used to be two in CA. But now there is only the old one since prop 8 was struck down. That's progress towards true marriage equality. That you would spin it otherwise speaks volumes. Why are you a hypocrite?

What harm would a marriage of three women cause you? If polygamy were legal it would still be so rare you would probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.

Marriage. there is no one right way.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198892 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Does it matter husband and husband, wife and wife? He is still married, under state law. Next up , Pietro screams its not right gay people cant reproduce.
Yes it matters to you, or else why would you not accept civil unions?

If SSM is the right thing to do, so is polygamy and incest marriage. If SSM is not the right thing to do neither is poly or incest marriage.

I support marriage equality and you don't. Spin that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198893 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>God issued a recal on you, he gave you a train, and not a brain. He is sorry.
Dopey ad hominem due to lack of an argument. Make it funny at least Jizxy you dope.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198894 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it matters to you, or else why would you not accept civil unions?
If SSM is the right thing to do, so is polygamy and incest marriage. If SSM is not the right thing to do neither is poly or incest marriage.
I support marriage equality and you don't. Spin that.
Hey if you want 3 husbands or to marry your brother it ain't no skin off my backside. Now all you have to do is loby the court system. You have to want the change, and then make it happen. Good luck spunky
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198895 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>You did what for Gay people? Belittle them, nice job.
You confuse my disdain for hypocrisy with homophobia. You ain't real smart as you continually demonstrate.

If you would not try to marginalize people just because they were wary of this tremendous social change you would find even greater acceptance.

You're a hypocrite Jizzy. And you are just like the people you hate. You would deny them marriage because you don't like them.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198896 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dopey ad hominem due to lack of an argument. Make it funny at least Jizxy you dope.
Frank is that train bothering you?
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#198897 Jun 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Used to be two in CA. But now there is only the old one since prop 8 was struck down. That's progress towards true marriage equality. That you would spin it otherwise speaks volumes. Why are you a hypocrite?
What harm would a marriage of three women cause you? If polygamy were legal it would still be so rare you would probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.
Marriage. there is no one right way.
Did you fall and hit your head today? Pssst Frankie, there is still a law on polygamy, just thought you should know.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198898 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Hey if you want 3 husbands or to marry your brother it ain't no skin off my backside. Now all you have to do is loby the court system. You have to want the change, and then make it happen. Good luck spunky
As I have said to you many times, I don't want to enter a poly marriage. I simply want to discuss marriage equality without your fear, ridicule and attempts to silence me.

Your fear of the mere attempt to discuss polygamy in relation to marriage equality speaks volumes. What are you afraid of?
spamexed

Monrovia, CA

#198899 Jun 29, 2013
Don Q hasn't had much luck either.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198900 Jun 29, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Did you fall and hit your head today? Pssst Frankie, there is still a law on polygamy, just thought you should know.
You know that I know there is. What a dopey post.

So that's your whole argument against marriage equality Jizzy? There's a law against it? What a moron! Get an argument and then come back, we won't bother to wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Aug 27 Norbert of Norview 71,944
News SD-area man gets 14 years for abusing wife (Jan '11) Aug 22 dGo mnaDde lyHo i... 5
News Fear mongering in Spreckels will have been in vain Aug 7 I am sorry 1
Monterey Public Officials VIOLATING FEDERAL LAWS Aug 7 Un agenda 21 and ... 6
News Del Rey Oaks Garden Center grand opening schedu... Jul '15 Kathi Buckley Smith 1
drugs Jul '15 JayJay 2
News Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to ... (Mar '09) Jul '15 martin5 360
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages