Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#198500 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But now that prop 8 is struck down, there is one less law against it in California.
To try and argue that prop 8 didn't ban polygamy as surely as it banned SSM is ridiculous. You're going to lose. And why is it important to you to support that lie? Afraid of something?
No sweetie, YOU lose. Polygamy was already illegal when Prop 8 was enacted. Prop 8 didn't put a stop to polygamist marriages. Prop 8 had ZERO effect on polygamy. Do you have trouble with linear time lines?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#198501 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I picture Jizzy looks like.
Starved for live entertainment, eh? Pathetic.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#198502 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he did.
He overturned Prop 8 which not only banned SSM, but also banned polygamy. Polygamy is still illegal in CA but now there is one less law against it.
I really hate to sink your boat, but the ban on polygamy was NOT overturned. Prop 8 didn't have anything to do with polygamy. Now, I realize that you aren't capable of rational thought, so, why don't you ask an attorney. I'm sure you must have one on retainer. Prepare to be laughed at.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198503 Jun 27, 2013
The definition of marriage is plastic. Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three (or four, or six) consenting adults. Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198504 Jun 27, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Starved for live entertainment, eh? Pathetic.
Well you've got Frankie so your time is well spent. I admit to being underwhelmed by your company though.
laughing man

UK

#198505 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I picture Jizzy looks like.
Can't remember for sure, but it seems like it's been ten years since first seeing that picture, and to me it's still the best one yet. Every day those imbeciles stand there like carolers at Christmas, eyes locked on a script and their mouths open like an inflatable doll - "there's nothing wrong with us" and "they're just like you and me", but they'll never get past the first impression that even a mental institution won't accept them.

What part of the brain brings forth that kooky shit in the picture? They want me to have a dialog? Then there's THE question. And we know there's no answer.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#198506 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The lady doth protest to much methinks.
Oh puh-leez. Who do you think you're kidding? Anyone who reads your posts knows you can't think.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#198507 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The definition of marriage is plastic. Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three (or four, or six) consenting adults. Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...
Yep. You are definitely arithmetically challenged.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#198508 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you've got Frankie so your time is well spent. I admit to being underwhelmed by your company though.
No surprise there.... you're too preoccupied with thinking up stupid excuses for your idiotic comments. Try stomping your foot. It's just as affective as your juvenile taunts. And maybe you'll get the blood flowing to your brain.
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

#198509 Jun 27, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
No sweetie, YOU lose. Polygamy was already illegal when Prop 8 was enacted. Prop 8 didn't put a stop to polygamist marriages. Prop 8 had ZERO effect on polygamy. Do you have trouble with linear time lines?
Sushhhh...he thinks it was legal before and will be again now...he has no clue
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198511 Jun 27, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Prop 8 prohibited polygamy too. Now it doesn't anymore because it was struck down. But there are other laws against it. One less though.

Why are you struggling so hard to spin that prop 8 didn't prohibit polygamy too?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198512 Jun 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sushhhh...he thinks it was legal before and will be again now...he has no clue
No I don't and you know it, LIAR.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198513 Jun 27, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise there.... you're too preoccupied with thinking up stupid excuses for your idiotic comments. Try stomping your foot. It's just as affective as your juvenile taunts. And maybe you'll get the blood flowing to your brain.
Try stomping your foot and maybe that will convince us that prop 8 didn't prohibit polygamy too. But I doubt it.

What don't you understand about "marriage is a man a woman"? It's a simple concept really. Ask for help.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198514 Jun 27, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. Who do you think you're kidding? Anyone who reads your posts knows you can't think.
I think well enough to make you so angry you're about to vomit.

And as the once great, but now washed up has-been "Rose_NoHo" would say, "even if that were true, it would be a non issue."

In other words, even if I couldn't think, you'd still be wrong. Prop 8 prohibited polygamy too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#198515 Jun 27, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. You are definitely arithmetically challenged.
If your using that stupid ad hominem against polygamy, the comeback is that you are gender identification challenged. Same insult, different type marriage.

marriage. There is no one right way.

P.S. How does it feel to argue against equality?
Bingo Bush

Monrovia, CA

#198516 Jun 27, 2013
Are you sure that trash talking exPrez. Bush is still making your life miserable?
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

#198518 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Try stomping your foot and maybe that will convince us that prop 8 didn't prohibit polygamy too. But I doubt it.
What don't you understand about "marriage is a man a woman"? It's a simple concept really. Ask for help.
You can stomp your feet all day long like a little kid. Prop 8 could not ban polygamy because it was already banned. Nor did it add to the ban...Nor did it take away from the ban when prop 8 was overturned. We are just laughing at you total and complete ignorance.

Was illegal before...during and after..legal zero effect

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#198519 Jun 27, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I want everyone else to believe in a puddle of crud theory? Um, in which post did I request this?
Waiting....
Waiting....
Waiting....
Then keep waiting and stop your bigotry attitude against others that don't push the puddle of crud theory. Then keep waiting for it.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#198521 Jun 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't and you know it, LIAR.
and Big d is in the show me state, for him it's the big lie me state.
Jungle

Monrovia, CA

#198529 Jun 27, 2013
I was hoping that band-aid would shut the wound that keeps bleeding from your face.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 20 min J RULES 71,246
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Tue Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info