Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
172,661 - 172,680 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Doesn't change a thing on anyones views. The sexually disoriented now have the go ahead to persue their own sexual perversions. I can hardly wait until they start biotching and moaning (catcher/pitcher , bottom/top) about now having to go through a legal divorce process. No he da man, no he da man. Property settlement etc. Next will be the pedophiles saying they want 'equal' treatment. We all lose on this one.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"So for those of my gay and lesbian brothers and sisters who needed the federal government's emotional approval of their relationship: Congratulations. I just hope all gay and lesbian Americans take a moment to stop and thank Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush for nominating Justices Kennedy and Roberts so the Clinton era of discrimination could come to an end Wednesday."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/06...
Oh yeah, the GOP has always been complicit, but Brucie has to point and laugh anyhow, as if it's gonna bother me. I've seen it all before.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
That's one of those I linked to the other day. It's kind of a shame that he's waited this long, I must admit.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't required to spin it pussy. It's been made very clear to you that it isn't an issue of interest. That does not imply or convey approval or disapproval of any type. The majority of people in this sting have made it quite clear to you. We aren't interested in a discussion about polygamy.
But, because you're a complete asshat, you continue to pretend that our lack of interest means more than it does. Because you got nothing else, and quite frankly, because it appears that stirring the kettle in Topix appears to be your only source of interaction with other human beings.
You have stated your point. You believe polygamy deserves respect. Great for you. We have stated our point - we aren't here to discuss polygamy. If we wanted to discuss polygamy, we would find a string and other Topix members that were intentionally seeking to discuss this issue. What we wouldn't do is hijack an existing string about one thing (same-sex marriage) in order to steer it to be about something else (polygamy). That would be rude.
One way to deal with a weed is to cut off its access to nutrients.

Frankie thrives on ANY attention he can get. He doesn't care if it's positive or negative.

As long as you're paying attention to him, he's going to keep yammering on.

Cut him off at the root. Don't feed the troll.

I honestly believe that if we don't respond to him, he'll get bored and move on.
Dorn

La Puente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep...we wont be seeing this issue on their platform
Straight Democratic and straight Republican married people can produce homosexual offspring. This not a political issue.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one of those I linked to the other day. It's kind of a shame that he's waited this long, I must admit.
Yeah, you got to re-submit links many times for these clowns if there's any chance they'll read them. Usually they won't. No need. They already know everything they want to know and don't want any pesky evidence to the contrary.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

back and forth it goes
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
you flaming dumbass.
Such irony. Gay Day gave Rosie a stroke.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to the magic tree, talking snake, rib woman, and the zombie guy with 2 dads
compared to the puddle of crud theory...YES.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
One way to deal with a weed is to cut off its access to nutrients.
Frankie thrives on ANY attention he can get. He doesn't care if it's positive or negative.
As long as you're paying attention to him, he's going to keep yammering on.
Cut him off at the root. Don't feed the troll.
I honestly believe that if we don't respond to him, he'll get bored and move on.
One way to hide that you have no argument is to go all ad hominem on your opponent.

Polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. If legalized, polygamy will still be so uncommon you'll probably never have to be offended by the sight of a happy poly family.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Straight Democratic and straight Republican married people can produce homosexual offspring. This not a political issue.
Big D can hardly post without bringing up politics and religion. He's off topic. But tell him that and see what happens.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Such irony. Gay Day gave Rosie a stroke.
Aida Lott or whatever this week's sock is called is a particularly nasty little piece of work from over in Joisey. He (yes, it's a he) has nothing but angry ad hominem attacks.
laughing man

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aida Lott or whatever this week's sock is called is a particularly nasty little piece of work from over in Joisey. He (yes, it's a he) has nothing but angry ad hominem attacks.
Did you catch this post? It reads as if it had a stroke. seriously.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/round-lake-il...

"5 to 4 isn't a mandate, Brucie, so don't get too uppity today."

And it psychobabbled:

"Oh yes it is. It wasn't unanimous. EVERY ruling by the supreme court is a mandate."

I really think she's blown a 'roid, the Big One. They've been hinting for years in the tabloids that her jugular and small intestine has somehow got star crossed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
And it psychobabbled:
"Oh yes it is. It wasn't unanimous. EVERY ruling by the supreme court is a mandate."
I really think she's blown a 'roid, the Big One. They've been hinting for years in the tabloids that her jugular and small intestine has somehow got star crossed.
LMAO! He once told me I was wrong because Vietnam vets have PTSD and are high on drugs. He found out I am disabled so he assumes I take pain meds and am high on them.
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D can hardly post without bringing up politics and religion. He's off topic. But tell him that and see what happens.
Both posts were in response to others who brought it up poly-is-is-still-illegal-boy
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Well. It does make it the LAW
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
And it psychobabbled:
Here is Rose Feratu (Mona Lott) displaying tolerance and diversity on YouTube.

https://youtube.googleapis.com/v/HDKuFGYJOJQ...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
And it psychobabbled:
Here's Rosie: http://www.youtube.com/user/gotomonaschurch
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Both posts were in response to others who brought it up poly-is-is-still-illegal-boy
He says with glee.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're angry and at least three people have told you so. It's funny when you angrily deny that you are angry!
I'm not really concerned with what the three people who call me angry think. I just like exposing their deceitfulness and lies. their calling me angry is just more fundie-twirling since they are unable to establish any valid arguments to support their bigotry.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Good people are being denied marriage. You ridicule them.
I do? Please provide a link to the post where I have ridiculed "them". Exact verbiage and post number where I ridiculed the imaginary masses that supposedly seek to have multiple marriages.

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hypocrite.
Based on what? A stance on marriage? Demonstrate this hypocrisy. Where has my stance been one way for one group of people and a different way for a different group of people. Support your accusation.

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What harm would their marriage cause you?
Did I say their marriage would cause me harm? Please provide the post number where I made or insinuated such a stance.

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....

Now we will all sit back at watch you rush into attack mode since you will be completely unable to support any of your deceitful lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 68,916
clint 17 hr ubietron 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 19 hr Donny B 7,922
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
clint Tue ubietron 1
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Tue roensoledad 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info