Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
172,621 - 172,640 of 200,573 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy. Prop 8 did not ban polygamy. The judge did not rule on polygamy. SCOTUS did not rule on polygamy.
Did you see all the reports on polygamists lining up to marry in California? Me neither.
If the other law against polygamy were repealed but prop 8 wasn't repealed would polygamy be legal Miss Thing?

No? Why not?- Because prop 8 banned it. Duh.

Don't hog all the victimhood. Why do you hate polygamists?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Prop 8 had no effect on polygamy. Prop 8 did not ban polygamy. The judge did not rule on polygamy. SCOTUS did not rule on polygamy.
Did you see all the reports on polygamists lining up to marry in California? Me neither.
Prop 8 most certainly did ban polygamy.

Just because there are just a few people being denied marriage is that OK? What is your magic number of people being denied marriage before you decide they are worthy?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhaahahah
ahhahahahaha
ahahahahhaha
I bet you're confused by the menu at KFC.
More ad hominem drivel from the peanut gallery.

But you know I like that insane cackle! Creepy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Truth 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello frank it is the black momma again you must go on the US 25 most dangerous cities I need some back up
I'll check it out. But I'm under a deluge of dunces here! Let me calm down these clowns first.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So to you, mating is a medical procedure. Got it. Why am I surprised.
Oh, and hon, yes, your definitions were taken from medical dictionaries, but you intentionally left out all the accompanying definitions that didn't support your lies. You have no integrity whatsoever. You are dishonest and conniving. That is why no one takes you seriously.
Dishonest and conniving are simply different ways of describing "sowing of discord". Something you love to do despite the fact that your Sky Santa has informed you that he despises that type of behavior.
Typical fundie hypocrite.
<quoted text>
LIE. You pretended that a word had only one definition when in fact it had several applicable definitions. Your Sky Santa hates liars KiMare. I hope you are ready to rot in hell.
<quoted text>
I posted NOTHING out of context plebe. And while your definition may stand, it does NOT stand alone. You tried to make it stand alone because you are a deceptive hypocrite.
<quoted text>
I have a husband, not a partner. And he is my mate, according to the very dictionaries that you presented as credible. Choke on that FACT bitch. You stating that I don't mate means about as much as if you stated the sky is red. The statements of the deceptively insignificant like you have no merit or meaning.
Feel free to present more of your intentional deceptions KiMare. Exposing you for the filthy, lying sack of shyt that you are makes my day!
Lookout, he's going postal!!!
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess the GOP and the Democrats can rely on you guys in your white sheets and hoods to show us all "the way".
Teeter out into the streets and shake your fist at the sky, little man. It continues to make SUCH a difference in the real world.
Actually I expect the GOP to be doing limp twisted backflips to get on the same sex marriage bandwagon now...they cannot allow themselves to be backing yet another minority opinion.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he just busted your clitty in the exact same way that many of us have previously done.

Ya got nuthin', Blanche. Nunthin'
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny when Jonah1 goes into a fit of rage telling us he's not angry! That's why I like these silly jackasses.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he just busted your clitty in the exact same way that many of us have previously done.
Ya got nuthin', Blanche. Nunthin'
Danth's Law.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I expect the GOP to be doing limp twisted backflips to get on the same sex marriage bandwagon now...they cannot allow themselves to be backing yet another minority opinion.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/0...

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Key republican leaders already know that they have to let this issue go. It has not served them well, and it will only be worse in the future. They may not embrace gay marriage, but they're certainly going to stop deriding it.

As for the Pee Tardy, err.....Tea Party....
WallyWorld

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

2013 - As Walmart's sales and favorability ratings in opinion polls plummet, it's clear that decades of unethical behavior are catching up with the world's largest retailer.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court decision is based on the assertion that imposing an imposter relationship on marriage will rectify the self-esteem of homosexuals, and telling a child that duplicate genders are exactly the same as mom and dad.
Well that's a unique and completely out of touch spin on what SCOTUS has done. It's almost as if you've pulled that one from Pat Robertson's playbook.

FYI, still legally married here according to the SCOTUS. Your opinion about duplicate genders and impostor relationships is completely irrelevant. Amusing, but completely irrelevant.
Straight talk

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Wal-Mart has the highest employee turn over rate in the nation, a person would do better to work at a fast food chain. Where you are treated much better.

2013 - As Walmart's sales and favorability ratings in opinion polls plummet, it's clear that decades of unethical behavior are catching up with the world's largest retailer.

But instead of changing its ways, the company is trying (and failing) to silence its critics.

Let's show the excutives that consumers like us are standing side-by-side with workers against the company's thuggish behavior.
Big D

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Key republican leaders already know that they have to let this issue go. It has not served them well, and it will only be worse in the future. They may not embrace gay marriage, but they're certainly going to stop deriding it.
As for the Pee Tardy, err.....Tea Party....
Yep...we wont be seeing this issue on their platform
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Straight talk wrote:
Wal-Mart has the highest employee turn over rate in the nation, a person would do better to work at a fast food chain. Where you are treated much better.
But instead of changing its ways, the company is trying (and failing) to silence its critics.
Let's show the excutives that consumers like us are standing side-by-side with workers against the company's thuggish behavior.
So what would you do? Close down Walmart and put all the gainfully workers there on the Obama plan? I'm tired of supporting you freeloaders. GET A JOB even if it's at Walmart. Work there until you land a better job like many recent immigrants do. Soon those immigrants will have good jobs and own houses etc. And you will still be whining and on the dole. And trying to close down capitalism and our economy.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that. So that's two votes against xolo. We win, xolo loses. Easy!
But we are in California, votes don't count.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then find a forum where others are interested in it. This one isn't it. Oh, and please Sally, before you start your tired routine, a lack of interest does not imply disapproval or approval. Play your routine somewhere else.
I think you are worried that polygamy marriage will cause people to say ssm opened the door to what was predicted. Personally I don't care who marries as long as it's fully equal. I think the person with split personalities should be able to marry within, who does it hurt? Should I have capitalized ssm?

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Polygamy activists have spoken of their hopes that the Supreme Court's landmark rulings on gay marriage could lead to a breakthrough for their cause too.

The top court in the U.S. yesterday ruled that the federal government must recognise same-sex marriages, and allowed judges to overrule a ban on gay marriage in California.

And some polygamists predict that the decisions will 'blaze the marriage equality trail', saying that 'the nuclear family is not the majority any more'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23494...

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Then will come self marriage, then the end of marriage altogether.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey