Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,317

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197962 Jun 26, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>\
No, you have failed. I have no problem with polygamy. It's not my thing but does not harm me in any way so I couldn't care less. What was the argument? I have never corresponded with you so don't know what you are referring to, dude.
Sha Na Na ?

Where is the line drawn? If any consenting adult relationship can b designated "marriage" by the state, what is the point of even recognizing it at all?
Dorn

La Puente, CA

#197964 Jun 26, 2013
xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do "normal" straight people spend hours every day posting anti-gay rhetoric on a gay-themed forum thread?
Homosexuality is part of nature. It has always existed and always will. You don't have to like it. You don't have to understand it. But we're not going anywhere. Try to get over whatever is troubling you so much. Life is too short to spend in the condition you're in. Peace!
----------
Homosexuality could probably be bred out of the human population if:
gay men do not marry straight women and have daughters.
and if: any woman who has gay men in their ancestral line for many generations do not have children.
But that would be a shame in a way because so many gay men and gay women are wonderful human beings.
John Offmore

Berkeley, CA

#197965 Jun 26, 2013
Please Obama Boo Boo, give me a loving butt buster.
laughing man

UK

#197966 Jun 26, 2013
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
...said one knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing Neanderthal bigot to the other. The rest of us will all take that for what it's worth.
Never mind the yawn inducing post. Look at that incredibly juvenile name, would you?!

Lady, this thread ain't for first graders.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197967 Jun 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the gays I know are embarrASSed by gay 'pride' parades.
That's what I mean by normal gays Queen.
So you say that "most" of the gays that you know are embarrassed by gay pride parades.

That's a pretty scientific conclusion.(sarcasm)

You spend way too much time on the issue of homosexuality. You've given it great thought.

I'm willing to bet that most "normal" straight men don't care about what causes homosexuality and whether or not it's curable.

What makes you different from "most" normal straight men?

You've had a hard-on for gays (mostly male gays) for years.

That's what makes you and your comments so suspect.
Parrot Watch

UK

#197968 Jun 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say that "most" of the gays that you know are embarrassed by gay pride parades.
That's a pretty scientific conclusion.(sarcasm)
You spend way too much time on the issue of homosexuality. You've given it great thought.
I'm willing to bet that most "normal" straight men don't care about what causes homosexuality and whether or not it's curable.
What makes you different from "most" normal straight men?
You've had a hard-on for gays (mostly male gays) for years.
That's what makes you and your comments so suspect.
Ya know, Brucie, that childish robotic GLAAD sing-song about "coming out of the closet" makes me think that you're a raging metrosexual, that the loser in you is just dying to come out and go mix it up with a dollar hooker somewhere.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#197969 Jun 26, 2013
God I can't WAIT ANY LONGER!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197970 Jun 26, 2013
Bowser wrote:
<quoted text>\
No, you have failed. I have no problem with polygamy. It's not my thing but does not harm me in any way so I couldn't care less. What was the argument? I have never corresponded with you so don't know what you are referring to, dude.
My argument is that polygamy deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage, dummy. As I said in the post you responded to. Duh.

You have failed.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#197971 Jun 26, 2013
DOMA is GONE!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197972 Jun 26, 2013
xolo wrote:
<quoted text>
First, no need to call me derogatory names. It just points out your insecurities and your need to put others down in order to feel better about yourself. Typical bully behavior, like on the playground in 4th grade. Time to grow up. And yes, a thread about gay marriage is a gay themed thread. Stop nit picking. And yes, anyone can post. But keep it civil and stop calling people names. If that's all you have to add, you have added nothing. Find something better to do with your time. Hope you feel better about yourself soon Peace!
"First, no need to call me derogatory names." -Oh sorry icehole.

"And yes, a thread about gay marriage is a gay themed thread. Stop nit picking." -And yes, a thread about gay marriage is open to straight people. Stop nitpicking.

"But keep it civil and stop calling people names." OK fruitcake!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197973 Jun 26, 2013
Spleezle Spalzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh YES they do flunky! 95% of your posts contain some type of prickish off topic comments and usually nothing to do with the post you're replying to but simply some kind of personal insult that does in fact violate the TOPIX Terms of service! You are lying and whining all the time about some other poster having your posts 86'ed but that in fact is just one more BIG lie from you! Your posts are deleted by the righteous moderator and deservedly so! YOU are not the only one who has had your posts removed or lost a registered profile all together because of your complete nastiness! Many of us have also Flunky! You remain a deluded,hypocritical,whining dufus who blames everything and every one except where the blame truly belongs,with YOU! By simply posting you are agreeing too and giving your consent to abide by the T.O.S.! And the biggest lie of all is you saying you support marriage equality,facts are the only thing you support is every nasty bigot on these threads and others! Glad I could be of help and set you straight Flunky! It is YOU in fact who has failed,bigot! Yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk,yuk! ;)
Relax Billy, don't have a stroke. Go polish your phony bronze star for the 4th of July parade.

P.S. What are the latest percentages?

YUK!YUK!YUK! Old SniffButts Billy! Great big fake war hero. Too funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197974 Jun 26, 2013
Single shot wrote:
Remember when I packed the "pig grease" BULLTS TO GO HUNDING FOR DEVILS.
YUK!YUK!YUK! Good one.

Knoxville, TN

#197975 Jun 26, 2013
DOWN GOES DOMA!!! DOWN GOES DOMA!!!

Knoxville, TN

#197976 Jun 26, 2013
Remember when we kept saying that this issue would be decided on the 14th Amendment? Remember all of those who said it didn't apply?

I guess we were right after all...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197977 Jun 26, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
DOWN GOES DOMA!!! DOWN GOES DOMA!!!
A victory for marriage equality is a victory for polygamy too! WOO~HOOO! Ah good times!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197979 Jun 26, 2013
Bill Clinton's hateful DOMA is struck down! WOO~HOOO!
laughing man

UK

#197980 Jun 26, 2013
5 to 4, Brucie, so it's not a Mandate.

Just wanted to remind you that not everybody is for you, as your GLAAD script has claimed.
laughing man

UK

#197981 Jun 26, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
A victory for marriage equality is a victory for polygamy too! WOO~HOOO! Ah good times!
5 to 4 means they'll have to propagandize that much harder in order to marry their dogs.
Sally

Berkeley, CA

#197982 Jun 26, 2013
Down goes DOMA, up goes GAS for gays.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#197984 Jun 26, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand how stupid you look right now?
I will 'cure' no one.
Second, I'm on record as asserting the salvation of homosexuals will be Christians. You 'deduced' from that I was trying to eliminate them.
Clearly you do not understand how stupid you look.

GOD: Mark 16:17-18, which says, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lays hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

Since you allege you are a believer you should lay your hands on the gays, whom you consider sick, and surprise, all gays will become heterosexual, although few would want that.

Your stupid Biblegod says that gays shall be put to death, are you so stupid you do not know who is supposed to do that putting? Surprise it's you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr JOEL 71,541
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Mon Woody 1,516
Multiple suspects in custody for Seaside shootings Jan 15 Anonymous 1
Peninsula high school students arrested in 'fig... (Sep '09) Jan 7 trey 108
Other border states shun Arizona's immigration law (May '10) Jan 6 colton case 9,053
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec '14 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec '14 Clint 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:17 am PST