Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197200 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's you fairies who always wish to trivialize someone who does not see things the same way that you do. Awfully immature, if you ask me. Your repeated posts about how "testy" we are, or how old we must be, or any other old blather that you throw in shows that you have little to offer the world, which does not accept you. Keep whining, you little girl.
Funny... I've offered the world a great deal. I've spent the past quarter of a century working to help runaways, the mentally ill, the medically ill, the elderly, homeless, victims of domestic violence, etc.

I think I've made a pretty good impact on society. And I can guarantee you that when I go into a person's home or the hospital room, they don't care whether I'm a "fairy" or not.

They're thankful that someone was there to help them through whatever life crisis they happened to be experiencing.

Bloop! Be gone...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197201 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Are you trying to tell me, that only straight people who do not support gay rights have posts removed or are banned? Really, if you are thats funny.
YUK!YUK!YUK! So Funny! HAR!HAR!HAR!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197202 Jun 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny... I've offered the world a great deal. I've spent the past quarter of a century working to help runaways, the mentally ill, the medically ill, the elderly, homeless, victims of domestic violence, etc.
I think I've made a pretty good impact on society. And I can guarantee you that when I go into a person's home or the hospital room, they don't care whether I'm a "fairy" or not.
They're thankful that someone was there to help them through whatever life crisis they happened to be experiencing.
Bloop! Be gone...
I'm real proud of you fruitcake! Real proud.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197203 Jun 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet again the neighborhood geezer toddles out into the street and shakes his fist at the sky.
Can we begin to take up a collection to get him into a good, senior care home?
Ageism sucks as bad as racism and "homphobia".

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197204 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Wow, pushed some buttons there VV. Kicked your gay twirl into a class 5 tornado...
Lets get this straight.
-Noting the silliness of a mutually sterile couple dictating the place of children in marriage makes me the victim of a 'god complex'??? Did you really try that idiotic argument???
-As to the percentage of children, you need to expand your understanding past gay twirl censorship. I wasn't referring to the changing percentage in the US. In world history, the average is estimated at 96%.
Moreover, the point remains, the vast majority of marriage does or would include children if possible.
Be gone, you fool... Nobody cares about your contrived, dumbed down restrictions on marriage or your horrendous thinking skills.
--You're the one who asserted that gay people can't understand parenting because many of us are childless. It's hardly that difficult to raise a child. You have them, you take care of them, they grow up, and then they leave home.

--Can you show me where 96% of married couples have children? I'm curious about your sources. You've been known to pull figures out of your tukhus from time to time.

--MY restrictions on marriage?!? Did you really just say that?!? You're the one on here day after day restricting marriage to a cross-cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

God you're weird.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197207 Jun 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hardly that difficult to raise a child.
Too funny! You've obviously never raised one.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197211 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to offer that up, as proof that we are not more censored than your side is? That your side doesn't get to use words and sentences that my side gets banned for? Is that your assertion?
When Jizzy is around and I hand him his ass as I do whenever he pipes up, my posts disappear.

Jizzy has bragged about this.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197212 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Doesn't that make him a racist and a hater and a fascist and unpatriotic and a communist?
VV is holding the progressive card. He gets an exemption.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197213 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
OOoohhhh.....the old "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense. Very sophisticated. Expected more from you, Brunhilda.
Bruno thinks penguins fly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197214 Jun 22, 2013
Jizzy is feverishly rigging the judge-its again like they matter or something.

Too funny!
laughing man

UK

#197219 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. The good old "5 Minute Manager" approach. Offer a few witticisms from a book, and "Next patient, please"...
Drive-by parenting is okay, but drive-by posting in this place isn't.

Their "intellect" is staggering.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197221 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
....Ooohh...I get it.........Wait.....Why does he get an exemption? I don't get it.
Me either. It's one of the many mysteries of progressives. Have you also read the "crippled" insults I get from these people of tolerance and compassion?

I'm wrong because I'm disabled? I'm wrong because I am old?

I don't get it either.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197222 Jun 22, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that many of your posts were missing, or "disappeared".
Yes. Disappeared. That's what they call it in a cheap third world banana republic when you suddenly vanish for incorrect speak, thought or actions. You get "Disappeared".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197225 Jun 22, 2013
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>
There has to be some checks and balances...even with voting. The propoganda and commercials that were shoved down californians throat swayed many voters into believing untruths.....like "it will destroy marriage". Give me a break!
What if a state voted to reinstate practices prior to the civil rights movement? What if a law was passed saying that black children could no longer go to same school as white children? Should we abide by the voters' wishes? Absolutely not! It would be against constitutional rights, as was prop 8 which was funded heavily by a religous group outside of California. The voters are not always properly informed in which to cast an intelligent vote.
The people of California, voted twice, to confirm the definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman. No busses were involved.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197236 Jun 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
--You're the one who asserted that gay people can't understand parenting because many of us are childless. It's hardly that difficult to raise a child. You have them, you take care of them, they grow up, and then they leave home.
--Can you show me where 96% of married couples have children? I'm curious about your sources. You've been known to pull figures out of your tukhus from time to time.
--MY restrictions on marriage?!? Did you really just say that?!? You're the one on here day after day restricting marriage to a cross-cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
God you're weird.
This is where we end up after proving that the basic essence of marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior?

You assert that raising kids is 'easy'.

You deny that the vast majority of marriages include children.

You deny that you want to restrict marriage to a contract.

That's weird.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Loppers

Monrovia, CA

#197237 Jun 22, 2013
Loppers are just about done.
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#197238 Jun 22, 2013
Why do some people get so upset about an issue that will not affect their lives one bit? How does gay marriage affect the lives of opponents?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197239 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Flucking liar
That's a great argument you got there Jizzy. Witty too!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197240 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO, that one never gets old..........
It's hardly funny in itself. How does not knowing that penguins don't fly prove you are right?

What's funny to me is you losers pouncing on it as if it proved something. I bet you didn't know they can't fly either.
laughing man

UK

#197241 Jun 22, 2013
same ditz different hour wrote:
Why do some people get so upset about an issue that will not affect their lives one bit? How does gay marriage affect the lives of opponents?
I dunno, Caligula, why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min JOEL 70,625
Hello Nov 24 Clint 1
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Nov 21 Kerry Jones 29
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 19 ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]