Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
171,641 - 171,660 of 200,576 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#197064 Jun 21, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm pretty sure you are the bitch in our relationship. Still waiting to hear how you are directly affected my gays marrying. Will you be supplying specifics to support that statement anytime soon, or just hurling more adolescent posts like this one?
Typical gay response. I gave you a perfectly good and accurate explanation. If you are too dumb to see it then FK U.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#197065 Jun 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He was emulating your hero, Jizzy. Who is a perfect example of a moron.
STFU FRANKIE you feltching finochio
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197066 Jun 21, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, you have never seen me.
That's what I picture you look like in my mind because you act just like a guy who looks like that would act.

He looks very happy. But you're not happy, so yeah maybe it's not you.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#197068 Jun 21, 2013
mipalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rizzo whats the biggest cock you've ever had in your butt?
LMAO ... His dads, no! wait a minute frankie takes after his dad, so it must be his moms strap-on. lol ... hahaha
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197069 Jun 21, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical gay response. I gave you a perfectly good and accurate explanation. If you are too dumb to see it then FK U.
Wow! That'll get him.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197070 Jun 21, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU FRANKIE you feltching finochio
Third class moron says what?
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#197072 Jun 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! That'll get him.
STFU you finoch, go see my next response concerning you
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#197073 Jun 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Third class moron says what?
What's the problem? can't comprehend you dumb azzz

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197074 Jun 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go with your 'confusion' excuse again...
First you could make no sense of the essence I'd marriage, then it was an 'opinion', then a 'term paper', and now it's a 'theory'. Just like evolution, right?
As to essence, that is exactly how I used it to prove SS couples do not equate to marriage. You are the one who portrayed it as exclusionary to other elements I'd marriage.
But here is still the bottom line : The basic essence of marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Clearly not equal to marriage.
Again, I must ask, Are you drunk? What does "I'd marriage" mean? You use it twice. Makes no sense grammatically or otherwise.

The bottom line is that if you believe that the basic essence of (the most important part of) marriage is a cross cultural constraint (on the father) on evolutionary mating behavior, then your wife has my condolences.

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people would not define their marriage in this manner.

And since mating behavior isn't always the primary drive for people to marry (based on the fact that many people do not or cannot have children), then same-sex couples are no more of a failure than those couples who do not procreate.

In large, we're not marrying to have children. We're simply legalizing the long-term relationship that we choose to be in--as most couples do.

Bottom line--your opinion is worth nothing to us. If you don't like gay marriage, too bad. It's happening throughout the country and around the world. And eventually, it'll come to your neck of the woods as well.

Virus Watch

UK

#197075 Jun 21, 2013
blight on Society wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line--your opinion is worth nothing to us.
Are you telling us something we don't already know, Caligula?
Anonymous

San Bernardino, CA

#197076 Jun 21, 2013
"GOOD FOR THOSE who find love, NO MATTER what their sexual orientation!!"
phaines

Big Bear Lake, CA

#197077 Jun 21, 2013
Virus Watch wrote:
Warning!
A Tiny URL can lead anywhere. Never click on one.
I never do,especially here ...:)
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197078 Jun 21, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the problem? can't comprehend you dumb azzz
I don't know what your problem is and I don't much care.

Probably it's just that you're stupid, so don't worry about it fruitcake. You can't fix that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197079 Jun 21, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
...Bottom line--your opinion is worth nothing to us....
Likewise.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197082 Jun 21, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
The bottom line is that if you believe that the basic essence of (the most important part of) marriage is a cross cultural constraint (on the father) on evolutionary mating behavior, then your wife has my condolences.
Big Red

Or to put it another way, marriage developed as a means of dealing with the product of the male female sexual union, off spring. Remove that element, and would marriage exist, as a distinct, recognized by society, relationship?
I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people would not define their marriage in this manner.
The vast majority haven't thought that deep on the matter.
And since mating behavior isn't always the primary drive for people to marry (based on the fact that many people do not or cannot have children),
Why people marry should not be confused with why marriage exists.
then same-sex couples are no more of a failure than those couples who do not procreate.
SSCs differ in form and function.
In large, we're not marrying to have children. We're simply legalizing the long-term relationship that we choose to be in--as most couples do.
Perhaps, but the risk of pregnancy is not an issue for ANY SSC. Even if an OSC doesn't "plan" on having children. They sometimes do anyway. "Two go to bed, but three get up".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#197087 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is an official bonding.
.....of husband and wife. Very good. U get a gold star.
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#197088 Jun 21, 2013
Frankie, do you swallow? a simple yes or no will do Oh is it Frankie because you are a little boy bitch or are you a female?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197089 Jun 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go with your 'confusion' excuse again...
First you could make no sense of the essence I'd marriage, then it was an 'opinion', then a 'term paper', and now it's a 'theory'. Just like evolution, right?
As to essence, that is exactly how I used it to prove SS couples do not equate to marriage. You are the one who portrayed it as exclusionary to other elements I'd marriage.
But here is still the bottom line : The basic essence of marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
SS couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Clearly not equal to marriage.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I must ask, Are you drunk? What does "I'd marriage" mean? You use it twice. Makes no sense grammatically or otherwise.
And since mating behavior isn't always the primary drive for people to marry (based on the fact that many people do not or cannot have children), then same-sex couples are no more of a failure than those couples who do not procreate.
Bottom line--your opinion is worth nothing to us. If you don't like gay marriage, too bad. It's happening throughout the country and around the world. And eventually, it'll come to your neck of the woods as well.
Now you are confused about an i-phone spell checker flub (replace 'I'd' with 'of'), but not enough to not respond. Interesting. This while you ignore the slimy gay twirl slide you continue.

I always get a kick out of a ss couple who will NEVER procreate telling married people about the validity of kids. But laying that aside, 96% of married couples do have children. Those who are unable would if they could. That leaves a fraction who choose not to have children. In very large, we ARE marrying to have children.

I'm not surprised when you reject the Bible to hold your denial, but when you really expose your ignorant bias when you reject science. I understand that for a gay, mating behavior is confusing, but again, you have no qualification to speak for a heterosexual couple. Especially in contradiction to science.

The bottom line, this isn't my opinion, it's simple science;

At the most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197090 Jun 21, 2013
Bruno wrote:
Frankie, do you swallow? a simple yes or no will do Oh is it Frankie because you are a little boy bitch or are you a female?
Another gay post by Bruno. I liked you better when you were straight.
Stingers

Monrovia, CA

#197092 Jun 21, 2013
Public and private partners were putting up bee-proof netting to prevent more bees from dying.

The pesticide was reportedly applied to the trees on June 15, 2013 to control aphids.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 min lechezz 4,998
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 68,940
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 10 hr JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles 12 hr Money 1
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Aug 26 roensoledad 2
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000