Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,318

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196706 Jun 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the irony, they want to deny others freedom, while demanding their own freedoms, all in the name of their religion.
Hippocrates to the core
<quoted text>
Dumb and dumber.
I rarely address the religious basis for marriage.
I kind of enjoy the hissy fit when I point out the social science basis;
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior.
No violation of freedom, no religion. Just a clear distinction between the two relationships.
Now, watch the pink brigade show up.
Smile.
"Aside from violating the clear design of marriage, and the clear prohibition of gay sex in both the OT and NT, it violates the golden rule, the summary of the whole Law. You know, the passage you quoted.

Anal sex is inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. Only a reprobate would assert that King David would do any such thing. "

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/T0I77PKMN...
Pietro Armando

Schenectady, NY

#196707 Jun 19, 2013
http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case...

As set forth in the plurality opinion, plaintiffs have failed to negate respondents' explanation that the current definition of marriage is rationally related to the State's legitimate interest in channeling opposite-sex relationships into marriage because of the natural propensity of sexual contact between opposite-sex couples to result in pregnancy and childbirth. Of course, marriage can and does serve individual interests that extend well beyond creating an environment conducive to procreation and child-rearing, such as companionship and emotional fulfilment. But here we are concerned with the State's interest in promoting the institution of marriage.

As Justice Robert Cordy pointed out in his dissent in Goodridge v Department of Pub. Health (440 Mass at 381-382, 798 NE2d at 995 [Cordy, J., dissenting]):

"Civil marriage is the institutional mechanism by which societies have sanctioned and recognized particular family structures, and the institution of marriage has existed as one of the fundamental organizing principles of human society.... Paramount among its many important functions, the institution of marriage has systematically provided for the regulation of heterosexual behavior, brought order to the resulting procreation, and ensured a stable family structure in which children will be reared, educated, and socialized....[A]n orderly society requires some mechanism for coping with the fact that sexual intercourse [between a man and a woman] commonly results in pregnancy and childbirth. The institution of marriage is that mechanism."
laughing man

UK

#196708 Jun 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>Like it or not, same-sex marriage will be legalized in this country--in the county where you live. You are powerless to stop the momentum.
Remember, Brucie, that you're only accepted by the Common Man via terrorism of Thought Crime, because the vote dredgers made you a Protected Species.

Your victories have always been hollow, Brucie, and I'm laughing at you.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196710 Jun 19, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, Brucie, that you're only accepted by the Common Man via terrorism of Thought Crime, because the vote dredgers made you a Protected Species.
Your victories have always been hollow, Brucie, and I'm laughing at you.
Actually it appeals to us patriots as well, we Americans that actually believe in Freedom, Equality and Justice.

No one has "terrorized" me, and prop 8 does not affect me or anyone in my family, still we all support same sex marriage out of patriotism
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196712 Jun 19, 2013
Good show!, a republican Senator crosses over to the side of right without having a gay child prompt them to do so!

Bravo!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/...
TimeX

Monrovia, CA

#196713 Jun 19, 2013
TimeX and it doesn't need winding

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#196715 Jun 19, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, Brucie, that you're only accepted by the Common Man via terrorism of Thought Crime, because the vote dredgers made you a Protected Species.
Your victories have always been hollow, Brucie, and I'm laughing at you.
Hey, geezer, we don't really care how we go about getting the rights and protections that we deserve. And we don't give a damn if you support us or not.

Now call for the nurse, you old codger, your Depends is full and your stinking up the place.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196716 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you hate him anyway.
Him?

Didnít even look at the article did you, but you have to comment anyway on what you know absolutely nothing whatsoever about.

Par for the course I suppose.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196717 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
Good show!, a republican Senator crosses over to the side of right without having a gay child prompt them to do so!
Bravo!
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/...
One small step, one giant leap. Peace
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#196718 Jun 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you hate him anyway.
He is a woman dumbazz. If you had clicked the link, you would not be so stupid.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#196722 Jun 19, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>He is a woman dumbazz. If you had clicked the link, you would not be so stupid.
Frankie may be sexually confused.
laughing man

UK

#196724 Jun 19, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, geezer, we don't really care how we go about getting the rights and protections that we deserve. And we don't give a damn if you support us or not.
Now call for the nurse, you old codger, your Depends is full and your stinking up the place.
But of course you don't care, dogface. That's why you're here for your daily beating.
laughing man

UK

#196725 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it appeals to us patriots as well, we Americans that actually believe in Freedom, Equality and Justice.
No one has "terrorized" me, and prop 8 does not affect me or anyone in my family, still we all support same sex marriage out of patriotism
I know you're the lowest common denominator, Sparky. No need to try and convince me.
laughing man

UK

#196726 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
Good show!, a republican Senator crosses over to the side of right without having a gay child prompt them to do so!
Bravo!
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/...
Who needs Democrap Lite anyway?

Hollow victory, Brucie.

Elbert Lee Guillory more than balances it all out besides.
sheesh

Baltimore, MD

#196727 Jun 19, 2013
Let us review the conversation:
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>
The voice of the people is being monitored by the Great Obama.
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
With D*ck Cheney's approval.
Yup, D*ck won't get through the sweary filter in here.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! Anything illegal or immoral or underhanded that Obama does is Bush or Cheney's fault.
Disclaimer: Obama is really wonderful, just kidding ha ha. Michelle is too!
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Where exactly did I assign blame to the Bush or Cheney? I simply said Cheney approved of the monitoring.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
In your post.
Nope! It ain't there. Pointing out someone's approval of something doesn't equate to blaming them for it. It was a statement about what was recently in the news. I really expect intelligent reasoning out of you, Frankie.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#196728 Jun 19, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it appeals to us patriots as well, we Americans that actually believe in Freedom, Equality and Justice.
No one has "terrorized" me, and prop 8 does not affect me or anyone in my family, still we all support same sex marriage out of patriotism
Abnormal sexual preferences supported by patriotism?!!??!?Probably salutes the turd before flushing it too.
golaies

Monrovia, CA

#196729 Jun 19, 2013
The goal of 2000,000 is getting closer.
laughing man

UK

#196730 Jun 19, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Abnormal sexual preferences supported by patriotism?!!??!?Probably salutes the turd before flushing it too.
Yeah, it's a wonderful life, ain't it?

Every time a male has sex with another, an angel gets its wings!
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#196731 Jun 19, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Quoting another (yawn) "Survey/Poll"? Using another group of carefully screened participants? Is this a "D" sock puppet?
If you have proof of scientific misconduct, please feel free to share it. Otherwise, dig up a better excuse... perhaps you can ask the 6 year olds what the latest school yard denial is today.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#196732 Jun 19, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Abnormal sexual preferences supported by patriotism?!!??!?Probably salutes the turd before flushing it too.
Oh dear god.... yet another clueless dumbass.... Homosexuality isn't abnormal, you dolt. geeeeeeeeeeeez.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jan 22 JOEL 71,544
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Jan 17 RANDY 1,515
Multiple suspects in custody for Seaside shootings Jan 15 Anonymous 1
Peninsula high school students arrested in 'fig... (Sep '09) Jan 7 trey 108
Other border states shun Arizona's immigration law (May '10) Jan 6 colton case 9,053
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec '14 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec '14 Clint 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:16 pm PST