Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,953

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#193847 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you understand about "a man and a woman"? It's a very simple concept really, in addition to preventing same sex marriage prop 8 also prevents poly marriage.
Sure there are other laws against poly, same as there are or have been against same sex. But we're talking prop 8 here as you jackasses like to rudely remind me every time you're at a loss for an effective argument which is always.
Prop 8 discriminates against poly marriage as surely as it does against SSM. Don't hog all the victimhood.
Laws against polygamy predate laws against same-sex marriage by a century. What you're implying is that if Prop. 8 had not passed and if DOMA hadn't been legislated, then polygamy would be legal. And that isn't the case.

Knoxville, TN

#193848 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
But none of that stuff for polygamists in VV la la land?
Imagine if MLK was like you. Equality for his race only. All other races need not climb that mountain.
Life in VV La La Land sucks for unapproved groups. Let em eat cake.
By George, I think you've finally gotten it! Polygamy isn't my issue. I don't support it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193849 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws against polygamy predate laws against same-sex marriage by a century. What you're implying is that if Prop. 8 had not passed and if DOMA hadn't been legislated, then polygamy would be legal. And that isn't the case.
No that's not what I am implying. You are wrong, where did you get that idea?

I am stating that prop 8 prohibits polygamy as much as it does SSM.
You disagree?
sheesh

Washington, DC

#193850 May 30, 2013
laughing man wrote:
As we all know, the homosexists claim that "everybody" supports them, when in reality all that backs them are crooked politicians and the Common Man.
But don't take my word for it. Here's the lowest common denominator in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wzuEOr2D8woXX
With people like that on their side, who needs enemies?
Mash those smilies until Death, dimwits.
Here are some bright sparks for you. You wanna rub elbows with them?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193851 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
By George, I think you've finally gotten it! Polygamy isn't my issue. I don't support it.
MLK you ain't! He fought for freedom for all races, not just his favorite one.

So you are saying marriage equality should not be for polyamorists too? Is that equality? No of course it's not.

So, the bottom line is you don't really support marriage equality. You just want more of the same. Rights only for marriages you approve of.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193852 May 30, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lUPMjC9mq5YXX
http://toddkinsey.com/blog/2011/10/10/tea-par...
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193853 May 30, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lUPMjC9mq5YXX
I struck a nerve, as always.

I'm laughing at you, Brainiac.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

#193854 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
No, not the Occutards!!!!

*snicker*
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#193855 May 30, 2013
It is CHILD ABUSE when Government licensed organizations DISCRIMINATE against LITTLE CHILDREN who believe membership in the Boy Scouts should be limited to boys who are morally straight. Please write your Congressman! DEMAND the tax exempt status of the Boy Scouts of America be ENDED NOW.

Ronald

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#193858 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you distinguish pedophiles who molest only boys from those who molest only girls?
There's no need to make that distinction, given that it is a sex crime, not a consensual act.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#193859 May 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
So you make an unsubstantiated claim and then quit. Brilliant.
Dismissed.
Sorry honey, you were already dismissed for ignorant, outrageous statements about children and family.

Location hidden

#193860 May 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't accept adoption as society accepts adoption. Adoptive parents are not parents in your world. They are less than. Be sure to tell that to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
I accept adoptive parents exactly as society and social science does.

As I stated, they are one of several default options, specified as so by the word 'adoptive' preceding the word parent.

According to numerous broad and long term studies they fail to measure up to parents on the average.

You are the one denying the distinctions and the broad based disadvantages to the child because "children are adaptive".

Location hidden

#193861 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Here is the disappointing reality of all this gay twirl.
A ss couple will only ever be only a duplicated HALF of marriage.
Nothing can change that.
You can't force people to deny that reality.
A law or a piece of paper cannot change it.
The result can ONLY be another fruitless gay encounter.
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha! You're a riot.
You don't get to decide "reality."
I am married. We are both husbands. Nothing you can say can ever matter to those facts.
But I kind of enjoy that it bothers you so much.
I see no difference between what you said and I said.

Care to clarify?

Location hidden

#193862 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you distinguish pedophiles who molest only boys from those who molest only girls?
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you need to do your research on pedophilia. We all know these answers already.
Come back when you are better prepared for a debate.
Honey, why don't you simply educate me?

I'd really love to hear it from you.

Location hidden

#193863 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read my post it would be clear. There are only pedophiles. There is no distinction between those pedophiles who molest only boys and those who molest only girls. Legally, there is no difference and medically/psychologically there is no difference.
There is to the boys and the girls.

And they are distinct pedophiles.

Surely it would be wise to label the gender danger a pedophile represents?

Or are you suggesting we leave a child at risk to be politically correct?

Knoxville, TN

#193865 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No that's not what I am implying. You are wrong, where did you get that idea?
I am stating that prop 8 prohibits polygamy as much as it does SSM.
You disagree?
How can it prohibit something that was already against the law? That's like saying Californians passed a proposition to outlaw murder.

Knoxville, TN

#193866 May 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is to the boys and the girls.
And they are distinct pedophiles.
Surely it would be wise to label the gender danger a pedophile represents?
Or are you suggesting we leave a child at risk to be politically correct?
Then should we distinguish between Catholic pedophiles and non-Catholic pedophiles? Should we distinguish football coach pedophiles and non-football coach pedophiles?

There is nothing politically correct about the current laws and medical diagnoses.

What you're suggesting is ridiculous. You know it; I know it; everybody reading your posts knows it.

Give up, hater. Go back to "church school".

Knoxville, TN

#193867 May 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
MLK you ain't! He fought for freedom for all races, not just his favorite one.
So you are saying marriage equality should not be for polyamorists too? Is that equality? No of course it's not.
So, the bottom line is you don't really support marriage equality. You just want more of the same. Rights only for marriages you approve of.
Maybe this will help you to understand... I support marriage equality for same-gender couples and opposite-gender couples. I do not support polygamy.

Your continuous and contrived astonishment of my position on this issue does not sway me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193868 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
How can it prohibit something that was already against the law? That's like saying Californians passed a proposition to outlaw murder.
Many states defense of marriage acts prohibit same sex marriage which was already prohibited.

I'm sorry if you feel polyamorists are horning in on your suffering, but they are suffering exactly the same as you. And they deserve the same relief that you demand.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193869 May 30, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Then should we distinguish between Catholic pedophiles and non-Catholic pedophiles? Should we distinguish football coach pedophiles and non-football coach pedophiles?
There is nothing politically correct about the current laws and medical diagnoses.
What you're suggesting is ridiculous. You know it; I know it; everybody reading your posts knows it.
Give up, hater. Go back to "church school".
I think that you insisting that pedophiles who molest only boys and never girls are not gay is ridiculous. But PC is ridiculous so that's that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 69,374
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr Blazing saddles 7,954
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr brewed 5,070
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 18 hr subscibe 15,995
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••