Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
169,061 - 169,080 of 200,618 Comments Last updated 50 min ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#193759 May 29, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
The child has never gotten a vote in the composition of their families.
Also, the child will readily adapt to nearly any situation.
Those two statements are perfect evidence that ss couples do not equate to natural parents. It even puts into doubt their ability to care for children.

The rest of your post is pure denial and gay twirl.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193760 May 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, just so you know Frankie is not the least bit interested in Polygamy and has said so, he only uses it to attack anyone that supports same sex marriage.
Never assume he is being honest about anything he says, he has been caught in so many lies by so many people here it is staggering.
He is nothing but a troll
Perhaps you'll refer us to proof of even one of my alleged lies.

You are lying when you say I have been caught in any lies and you know it. It's your M.O. When cornered, you lie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193761 May 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, just so you know Frankie is not the least bit interested in Polygamy and has said so, he only uses it to attack anyone that supports same sex marriage.
Never assume he is being honest about anything he says, he has been caught in so many lies by so many people here it is staggering.
If I wasn't interested in it I wouldn't be deflecting your hate of it.

And if you didn't fear it, I wouldn't have to.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#193762 May 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The issue here is this: how does a self-consciously modern, liberal society continue to criminalize a form of marriage that has existed throughout the world for millennia, when it has at the same time legalized a completely new form of marriage between same-sex couples?
I love it when you haters start whining.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193763 May 29, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Again - what does the first have to do with the second? It's an artificial parallel.
What does marriage equality for one group mean to marriage equality for another group? Are you stupid?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193764 May 29, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
No answer, eh? Figured. Better to remain silent and people might suspect you have no argument than post stupid ad hominem and remove all doubt.

You are a hater, Not I.

“Dont reelect useless politicos”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#193765 May 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I chatted with Frank a couple of times he did smell of Troll , at the same time he reminded me of Clifford.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193766 May 29, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is "if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage" of any consequence to "why should monogamy continue to be so important?"
What does monogamy have to do with polygamy? Plenty of traditionally married couples are not monogamous. They cheat all over the place, divorce and remarry, etc.
There is no cause and effect here. It's a matter of perspective.
It's a simple concept really. When many states have decided heterosexuality is no longer relevant to marriage, why is monogamy still relevant?

Ask for help. Sound it out. Remember, there are no dumb posts! Only dumbass posters like yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193767 May 29, 2013
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
I chatted with Frank a couple of times he did smell of Troll , at the same time he reminded me of Clifford.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GdZ-4xVrG54XX
In other words, you lost. Unless you consider ad hominem stupidity winning, in which case, you won!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#193768 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:<quoted text>

Thank you for a great example;
Society for too long denied that Blacks were people because of their skin color.
Now we are attempting to deny that moms/dads are unique and significant roles.
Every person in existence has only ever one real mother and father. Never two, and always both.
You want to make them meaningless. A zero. Must make your mom and dad proud...
Poor example, Mary, because Moms/dads aren't being denied ANYTHING. They already have parental rights/responsibilities.

Try again. Better yet, don't.
bOYTtIME

Covina, CA

#193769 May 29, 2013
That goofy Michele Backmann isn't running again, I'm happy.

But how will she occupy her time?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193770 May 29, 2013
bOYTtIME wrote:
That goofy Michele Backmann isn't running again, I'm happy.
But how will she occupy her time?
She can sit in my lap.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193771 May 29, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
...What does monogamy have to do with polygamy?
You are truly an idiot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#193772 May 29, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it's hate that's on the approved hate list. Poly marriage hate good, same sex marriage hate, bad. Understood.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193773 May 29, 2013
"So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet." -Jillian Keenan.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193774 May 29, 2013
This should win Old Swiftboater Bill over to poly!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#193775 May 29, 2013
Here you go Bill!

http://www.gaypolygamist.com/

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#193776 May 29, 2013

Society for too long denied that Blacks were people because of their skin color.
Every person in existence has only ever one real mother and father. Never two, and always both.
You want to make them meaningless. A zero. Must make your mom and dad proud..
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor example, Mary, because Moms/dads aren't being denied ANYTHING. They already have parental rights/responsibilities.
Try again. Better yet, don't.
I wasn't even trying. I don't need to.

Every person has only ONE mother and father. That is simple reality. Equating anyone else to that place is a default at the most. Claiming one is unnecessary is simply insanity.

You fail with marriage and family.

Honey that must suck.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#193777 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two statements are perfect evidence that ss couples do not equate to natural parents. It even puts into doubt their ability to care for children.
The rest of your post is pure denial and gay twirl.
YOUR statement puts into doubt your ability to think rationally.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#193778 May 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
You want to make them meaningless. A zero. Must make your mom and dad proud..
<quoted text>
I wasn't even trying. I don't need to.
Every person has only ONE mother and father. That is simple reality. Equating anyone else to that place is a default at the most. Claiming one is unnecessary is simply insanity.
You fail with marriage and family.
Honey that must suck.
YAWN......

BIG

FAT

YAWN

I can't wait to see what SCOTUS has to say about Prop 8. Prop 8 has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with procreation. Get a grip.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 49 min tottal 15,969
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 69,062
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info