Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
169,061 - 169,080 of 200,352 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
If a gay guy becomes unable to perform sexually, he is still gay. His attractions--his orientation--is to be attracted to other men.
Being gay does not require an "action". In fact, as most gay men report, they knew that they were gay from an early age because of their ATTRACTTION to other males.
Being a polygamist requires an act. It requires an attempt to have multiple spouses.
I am willing to bet that many married men look longingly at other women. Does their desire to be with other women make them "polygamists"? No! It makes them men with attractions--with an orientation toward the opposite sex.
You're not going to win this one.
Finally, I WILL NOT endorse any attempts to legalize polygamy, marriage between blood relatives, underage marriage, etc.
Your post above, about the guy who wishes to legalize his marriage to his three wives, has the SAME access to the SAME processes that the LGBT Community has used to fight for their own marriage recognition.
He has the same capability to go out and hire an attorney, seek the backing of the ACLU, mobilize other polygamists, educate the public on the benefits of polygamy, sway the masses that denying polygamy is discriminatory behavior, etc.
Perhaps he'll be successful.
And Mexican Americans had the same right to fight for equal rights that African Americans did? Or did they get them at the same time?

Did MLK only seek equality for African Americans or for all races?

How does it feel to argue against true marriage equality? You are doing it poorly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're making assumptions out of your ass. Dickwad.
No need to make assumptions, your hostility towards polygamy is obvious.

As if you didn't pull any assumptions about me out of your ass.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Again - what does the first have to do with the second? It's an artificial parallel.
Tony, just so you know Frankie is not the least bit interested in Polygamy and has said so, he only uses it to attack anyone that supports same sex marriage.

Never assume he is being honest about anything he says, he has been caught in so many lies by so many people here it is staggering.

He is nothing but a troll
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
The bozos bringing this up here have already stated that they are personally not willing to lift a finger to promote polygamy, they just want to whine at you for not doing so.
whining, it is what they are good at
This particular bozo just wants to discuss marriage equality without you bozos attempts at censorship.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Frankie, if you bring in the UFO folks it will swell your numbers to over twice the current size.
And now it takes a dump on the Common Man, the very same group that it needs so desperately in order to claim "support" for its decadence.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
The child has never gotten a vote in the composition of their families.
Also, the child will readily adapt to nearly any situation.
Those two statements are perfect evidence that ss couples do not equate to natural parents. It even puts into doubt their ability to care for children.

The rest of your post is pure denial and gay twirl.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, just so you know Frankie is not the least bit interested in Polygamy and has said so, he only uses it to attack anyone that supports same sex marriage.
Never assume he is being honest about anything he says, he has been caught in so many lies by so many people here it is staggering.
Perhaps you'll refer us to proof of even one of my alleged lies.

You are lying when you say I have been caught in any lies and you know it. It's your M.O. When cornered, you lie.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wasn't interested in it I wouldn't be deflecting your hate of it.

And if you didn't fear it, I wouldn't have to.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The issue here is this: how does a self-consciously modern, liberal society continue to criminalize a form of marriage that has existed throughout the world for millennia, when it has at the same time legalized a completely new form of marriage between same-sex couples?
I love it when you haters start whining.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Again - what does the first have to do with the second? It's an artificial parallel.
What does marriage equality for one group mean to marriage equality for another group? Are you stupid?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
No answer, eh? Figured. Better to remain silent and people might suspect you have no argument than post stupid ad hominem and remove all doubt.

You are a hater, Not I.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I chatted with Frank a couple of times he did smell of Troll , at the same time he reminded me of Clifford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is "if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage" of any consequence to "why should monogamy continue to be so important?"
What does monogamy have to do with polygamy? Plenty of traditionally married couples are not monogamous. They cheat all over the place, divorce and remarry, etc.
There is no cause and effect here. It's a matter of perspective.
It's a simple concept really. When many states have decided heterosexuality is no longer relevant to marriage, why is monogamy still relevant?

Ask for help. Sound it out. Remember, there are no dumb posts! Only dumbass posters like yourself.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
I chatted with Frank a couple of times he did smell of Troll , at the same time he reminded me of Clifford.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
In other words, you lost. Unless you consider ad hominem stupidity winning, in which case, you won!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:<quoted text>

Thank you for a great example;
Society for too long denied that Blacks were people because of their skin color.
Now we are attempting to deny that moms/dads are unique and significant roles.
Every person in existence has only ever one real mother and father. Never two, and always both.
You want to make them meaningless. A zero. Must make your mom and dad proud...
Poor example, Mary, because Moms/dads aren't being denied ANYTHING. They already have parental rights/responsibilities.

Try again. Better yet, don't.
bOYTtIME

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

That goofy Michele Backmann isn't running again, I'm happy.

But how will she occupy her time?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

bOYTtIME wrote:
That goofy Michele Backmann isn't running again, I'm happy.
But how will she occupy her time?
She can sit in my lap.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
...What does monogamy have to do with polygamy?
You are truly an idiot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as it's hate that's on the approved hate list. Poly marriage hate good, same sex marriage hate, bad. Understood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••