Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,433)

Showing posts 168,641 - 168,660 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are begging Big Government for permission.
WOW! Wow...wow.....That's it! Well put.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Begging.... no :)
They are demanding, and receiving justice, in more states every year.
What a nightmare for you eh?
Nope. Not at all. One step closer to true marriage equality.

You're having a hard day Mighty D, don't start lying again it will only make things worse for you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting u call him "Braniac"....he does fancy himself a super hero of sorts. "Braniac" is one of Superman's foes. Maybe Big D is really a super villain.
LMAO! Evil D! Masquerading as mild mannered patriot-jackass Big D!
Caligula R Us

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

So the Boy Scouts caved in to the Caligulas. I will not accept or support that spineless organization from this day forward.

Throw another puppy, Brucie.
Caligula R Us

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

The smiley masher has returned from another hard day at the large intestine.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Caligula R Us wrote:
The smiley masher has returned from another hard day at the large intestine.
He usually awakens from his welfare check paid for drunken stupor about this time everyday and starts heavily rigging the judge-its. Like it matters or something. Can you imagine what kind of loser would do that?
NipANtuck

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Short hairs getting pulled again, are they?
Caligula R Us

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text> ....there is no good argument FOR SSM, and we all know this. Since it is your side that wishes to change things, it's up to you to provide some compelling reason for this change, and you cannot produce any.
You bring up an excellent point.

I play them on their home ground, so I have another question concerning Evolution, to wit:

In the hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions, of years of human history, why didn't we accept the homosexist point of view as "enlightened" so long ago? Why wasn't the sphincter enshrined as Holy (pardon the pun) and the Outhouse instinctively gives goosebumps and makes people fall to the ground and spasm? After all, it was sooooooooooooooo much easier to remain like a crap-lapping dog in the earliest times instead of suffer all the fits and starts of an evolving Civilization.

Why do the hormone poisoned adolescents, as always, act as if they're the first to have a thought?
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

NipANtuck wrote:
Short hairs getting pulled again, are they?
Did you know that innocent widdle polar bears drowned today because you wasted a carbon credit posting in favor of intestinal surfing?

Shame on you, Brucie!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We expect them to treat everyone equally
and we will get that.
A patriot would understand, I donít expect you to
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we are defeating "Big Government" that wants to step into our personal lives and tell us who we can marry and who we cannot.:)

Again, why ask "Big Government" in to one's personal intimate relationship, if one wishes to defeat "Big Government"?

Again u ask that same "

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your command of the English language is sparse, when you confuse words like "defeating" for the actual word "invoking".
Welcome back Rock. Big D likes to use grandiose super hero....or villain talk....he probably wrote that as he sat in his Spider man underoos-Grandpa size, while his wife positioned a fan just right so his cape would fly...without the fan he has trouble getting his cape to fly sometimes.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back Rock. Big D likes to use grandiose super hero....or villain talk....he probably wrote that as he sat in his Spider man underoos-Grandpa size, while his wife positioned a fan just right so his cape would fly...without the fan he has trouble getting his cape to fly sometimes.
LMAO!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? Let me guess... If we would just stop trying to get people to allow us to get married--if we would only be nice, quiet, invisible gays, then we wouldn't have to deal with the headaches. Is that right? You're saying that we bring all of this on ourselves. Correct?
Here's the difference... I'm guessing that this woman wasn't born with a nail in her head.
See, her situation has an obvious fix, doesn't it? Just pull the nail out of her forehead.
But being gay is not the same as having a nail in one's forehead.
We truly are happy people, until we come up against the likes of you. You believe and espouse that we are "broken" and in need of being "fixed". Your ignorance and anti-homosexual sentiment IS the nail in our forehead. And are deeply driven under our skin. You make it your life's work to attempt to turn as many people's minds toward the belief that gays do not belong in society.
The LGBT community has fought hard to pull your nail out of our forehead, but you keep driving yourselves deeper and deeper.
Our fight has not been in vain. Look at today's society. Every poll you look at shows a remarkable increase in support of the LGBT community and LGBT rights and protections.
You no longer represent mainstream America. At one time you did, but no more.
And THERE is the long winded nail in the Queen head...

There is no such thing as ss 'marriage'.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.

Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
I'll b here all week ladies and germs, please b kind to your waitress.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I find it difficult to see the logic of defending monogamous marriage as the historic norm when the laws of many states have already departed from the principle that it is heterosexual, monogamous marriage that is essential to social stability.
Put bluntly, if heterosexuality is no longer legally, morally or socially relevant to marriage, why should monogamy continue to be so important?
That never gets old, perhaps Big D, or VeeVee could address it.
ConTrails

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Douglas Boyd and Joseph Santoro go S T U P I D.

Why is that?

Because they are not alert to the facts.

They are trying to con the good people of Glendora, California out of their voting rights.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is, as if on cue, Wee-Wee Herman and its "I know you are, but what am I?" stupidity.
Well, love, if you can't take it, you shouldn't dish it out.

As much as I despise anti-homosexual rhetoric, I'm still fascinated by people who spew it.

Where did they learn it? Why are they so vehement over something that just doesn't matter that much?

Straight people don't have to deal with gay issues. It's kind of like repeatedly listening to a talk show host who you despise and complaining over and over and over about how much you hate him or her.

If you don't like the channel, for God's sake, turn to another station.

If you don't want to have anything to do with gays and lesbians, stay out of our affairs--keep your distance.

Why do you make our lives your business? Why do you rail against the LGBT Community, while you continue to chase us?

Seem like you'd just give up and go home--keep your distance--have nothing to do with us.

But here you are--you and others--night after night, making the same tired, old comments, day in and day out.

We get it... You don't like us. Now put a period at the end of this chapter and move on with your lives.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And THERE is the long winded nail in the Queen head...
There is no such thing as ss 'marriage'.
Smile.
And there's no such thing as a judgmental pastor.

However, you are very judgmental; so you can't be a pastor.

But you have been a pastor; so you can't be judgmental.

Yet you are both of these things.

Such a paradox...

My guess is that you're a judgmental person, who pretends to be a pastor.

Yeah... That's it...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
nah...we've become inured to your prattling, and have come to expect it. there is no good argument FOR SSM, and we all know this. Since it is your side that wishes to change things, it's up to you to provide some compelling reason for this change, and you cannot produce any. It takes more than saying "we see no reason not to do it" to produce a compelling reason for this fraudulent fad to continue.
Is there a good argument for toasting bread? Is there a good argument for stained glass windows? Is there a good argument for Corvettes?

See, some things don't need a good argument.

Some people just happen to like toast. Others happen to stained glass. And still others really enjoy Corvettes.

And we have these things, simply because some people wanted them to exist.

We want to be married. That's reason enough. We don't have to prove anything to you. We owe you no explanation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,641 - 168,660 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance