Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
168,541 - 168,560 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 18 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure did.
He was a great contribution to society, except with the boys.
Just like you.
That's all your 'science' Queen.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Oh knock off the silly hissy fit diversion.
The issue was your claim was that anything is scientifically normal if you are a productive part of society. I simply exposed the idiocy of that claim.
You avoid the issue by making another ridiculous judgment followed by a defensive denial and then a ad homoan troll attack.
Judging by the pounding you have been taking here, perhaps you are out of your league. You had a hard enough time on the Greeneville forum. Just a thought given the contradiction your behavior is with your profession...
Smile.
I guess my mistake was to believe that I didn't need to point out in my initial post that child sexual predators are not productive members of society; that any good they do for society is negated by the fact that they are criminals engaging in criminal behavior that results in devastating kid's lives.

See, gay people do not do that. Simply being gay is not a criminal activity. It does not destroy anyone's life. We are able to live a happy life, contribute positively to society, etc.

I just supposed that not even you were so stupid as to believe that homosexuality is in no way equal to being a sexual predator. My bad...
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
When you people do the things you do in "pride" parades in front of children, the sole purpose being for shock value, then it's very easy to accept that you're a bunch of child molesters.
What truly goes on behind your closed doors, Folsom Street Boy?
Not as bad as the signs people actually have children hold up from the Westborough Baptist church

http://www.google.com/search...
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
168,835 posts later, and not one good argument against gay marriage.
At least 193,037 posts later, and not one good argument for gay marriage.
hallelujah

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your view of homosexuals, like Norcal Native, that are racist bigots towards Blacks who are gay?
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as bad as the signs people actually have children hold up from the Westborough Baptist church
I'm mocking you again, Brucie.

I could care less about religion, especially when you refer to one of Al Gore's friends.
hallelujah

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Queen of DeNial, just for you;
http://vimeo.com/66753575
And your point is? Let me guess... If we would just stop trying to get people to allow us to get married--if we would only be nice, quiet, invisible gays, then we wouldn't have to deal with the headaches. Is that right? You're saying that we bring all of this on ourselves. Correct?

Here's the difference... I'm guessing that this woman wasn't born with a nail in her head.

See, her situation has an obvious fix, doesn't it? Just pull the nail out of her forehead.

But being gay is not the same as having a nail in one's forehead.

We truly are happy people, until we come up against the likes of you. You believe and espouse that we are "broken" and in need of being "fixed". Your ignorance and anti-homosexual sentiment IS the nail in our forehead. And are deeply driven under our skin. You make it your life's work to attempt to turn as many people's minds toward the belief that gays do not belong in society.

The LGBT community has fought hard to pull your nail out of our forehead, but you keep driving yourselves deeper and deeper.

Our fight has not been in vain. Look at today's society. Every poll you look at shows a remarkable increase in support of the LGBT community and LGBT rights and protections.

You no longer represent mainstream America. At one time you did, but no more.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need a "good argument for gay marriage". We're simply right to believe that there is no good argument against gay marriage. And you are wrong to believe that prejudice and discrimination against gays is the right path to take. That's a good enough argument.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

hallelujah wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your view of homosexuals, like Norcal Native, that are racist bigots towards Blacks who are gay?
There are good and bad people regardless of if they are religious, non religious, any orientation, any nation of origin

I donít try and put people in a box, I take each person as the individual they are.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

hallelujah wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose NoHo has other screen names. When she posts under Mrs-Whitewater she admits to being NorCal Native's wife but when she posts under Rose NoHo she refuses to acknowledge she is NorCal Native's wife.
You should see how NorCal Native's is a racist when it comes to black gays. It is just terrible what a racist she and Mrs-Whitewater are. They team up under other screen names to attack black posters.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...
I had no idea that homosexuals where so racist towards blacks.
Rose NoHo is black, you flaming dumbass. And she is NOT NorCal Native's wife.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal Protection under the law isn't good enough for you? Tough shit.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm mocking you again, Brucie.
I could care less about religion, especially when you refer to one of Al Gore's friends.
So what you just said is that you donít actually care what kids do with or in front of children, you only want to USE those children for your argument for political gain or in the case of a forum like this personal gratification.

we have word for people that use children for personal gratification
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need a "good argument for gay marriage". We're simply right to believe that there is no good argument against gay marriage.
The juvenile stupidity is almost breathtaking.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you just said is that you donít actually care what kids do with or in front of children, you only want to USE those children for your argument for political gain or in the case of a forum like this personal gratification.
What does religion have to do with anything that was said?

The juvenile imbeciles are now being played on their own turf,(Evolution is the weapon, not religion), and it has them so utterly confused that they're talking gibberish.
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Equal Protection under the law isn't good enough for you? Tough shit.
"equal protection" will soon be sloganeered by the NAMBLA types and the dog humpers if we don't stop it from being misused.

Already we've seen just how slimy the homosexists can be, thinking they can ride the coat-tail of Rosa Parks.

Vile disgusting Caligula types.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are good and bad people regardless of if they are religious, non religious, any orientation, any nation of origin

I donít try and put people in a box, I take each person as the individual they are.

I'm still laughing at you, Brainiac.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
What does religion have to do with anything that was said?
The juvenile imbeciles are now being played on their own turf,(Evolution is the weapon, not religion), and it has them so utterly confused that they're talking gibberish.
Right, you care about what people do in front of children if it promotes your agenda, and donít care at all about children if what is happening doesnít promote your agenda

Got it, you are just USING children for your agenda
laughing man

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, you care about what people do in front of children if it promotes your agenda, and donít care at all about children if what is happening doesnít promote your agenda
Got it, you are just USING children for your agenda
You seem agitated, Brainiac. Was it something I said?

*snicker*
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem agitated, Brainiac. Was it something I said?
*snicker*
No Frankie, just clarifying :)
Chris Coe

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need a "good argument for gay marriage". We're simply right to believe that there is no good argument against gay marriage. And you are wrong to believe that prejudice and discrimination against gays is the right path to take. That's a good enough argument.
Slogans are my argument!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 35 min Frijoles 68,911
clint 1 hr ubietron 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr Donny B 7,922
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) 17 hr Plain Simple 16
clint Tue ubietron 1
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Tue roensoledad 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961

Search the Monterey Forum:
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••