Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,171

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
REALLY

Marysville, CA

#192789 May 21, 2013
wow
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192791 May 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they took away a right, and now same sex couples that cannot marry now are seeing for equal rights with same sex couples that are already married in California legally right now ( some 18,000 of them )
Prop 8 is doomed, one way or the other.
Either the Supreme Court will get it right and uphold it being overturned, or it will go back on the ballot and Prop 8 will be soundly and easily defeated.
And if not we'll keep voting on it over and over until comes out the way Big D wants it dammit!

Let's redo the presidential election too!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#192792 May 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, if you don’t understand this, then you should not vote.
I could get the majority of brown eyed people to vote on a ballot measure to deny blue eyed people the vote, it would be overturned as unconstitutional ( and rightly so )
Same thing here, a majority voted to deny a minority a right they already possessed, it will and should be overturned.
So the color of one's eyes is equatable with one's gender? The "minority" already posed the right long before prop 22, and prop 8.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#192793 May 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that is why the wrong of Prop 8 wil be righted.
The purpose of Prop 8 was to correct the wrong of those who defied the voters of prop 22.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#192794 May 21, 2013
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does the state need to issue a license?
Why does marriage need a license? A license to do what? Good questions.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192795 May 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
If the state didn't require a license to get the benefits that are given to marriage, we wouldn't be here.
KeS

Modesto, CA

#192796 May 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, if you don’t understand this, then you should not vote.
I could get the majority of brown eyed people to vote on a ballot measure to deny blue eyed people the vote, it would be overturned as unconstitutional ( and rightly so )
Same thing here, a majority voted to deny a minority a right they already possessed, it will and should be overturned.
Don't Blue eyes outnumber Brown eyes?
KeS

Modesto, CA

#192797 May 21, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they took away a right, and now same sex couples that cannot marry now are seeing for equal rights with same sex couples that are already married in California legally right now ( some 18,000 of them )
Prop 8 is doomed, one way or the other.
Either the Supreme Court will get it right and uphold it being overturned, or it will go back on the ballot and Prop 8 will be soundly and easily defeated.
18,000 okie dokies rovokied.
brown eye seeks same

Tempe, AZ

#192798 May 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Coprophiliacs need love too!!!!
KeS

Modesto, CA

#192799 May 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't obey because you hate God and give him the finger:
For hundreds of years biblicists have been lecturing people on the importance of adhering to the Bible's teachings on ethics, manners, and morality. They quote Jesus and Paul profusely, with a liberal sprinkling of Old Testament moralisms. The problem with their approach lies not only in an oft-noted failure to practice what they preach, but an equally pronounced tendency to ignore what the Bible itself, preaches. Biblicists practice what can only be described as "selective morality". What they like, they expound; what they don't like, they ignore, even though the validity or strength of one is no less than that of the other. That which is palatable and acceptable is supposedly applicable to all; while that which is obnoxious, inconvenient, or self-denying is only applicable to those addresed 2,000 years ago. They enjoy quoting the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and some of Paul's preachings, for example, but don't pretend to heed other, equally valid, maxims. The following examples show the selectivity of apologetic morality.
First, a true follower of Jesus would have to be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial churchmouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:
•(a) "...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" (Luke 14:33);
•(b) "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" (Matt. 19:21);
•(c) "Sell your possessions and give alms" (Luke 12:33);
•(d) "But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" (Luke 11:41);
•(e) "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21);
•(f) "How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" (Mark 10:23);
•(g) "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:23-24);
•(h) A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" (Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21),
•and (i) Paul said, "For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse, in order that I may gain Christ" (Phil. 3:8 RSV)
Never have given God the finger. God no longer walks on the planet but he's watching your every move. If anyone's ever gotten the finger from me it's because they're worthy and deserving of it.
actual intellectual

Tempe, AZ

#192800 May 21, 2013
KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, by a two to one margin!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
KeS

Modesto, CA

#192801 May 21, 2013
actual intellectual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, by a two to one margin!!!!
I win!!!
KeS

Modesto, CA

#192802 May 21, 2013
Prop *8* Rules!!!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#192803 May 21, 2013
KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
18,000 okie dokies rovokied.
Wrong there are 18,000 legally married and legally recognized same sex marriages in California today.

They did not revoke any marriages, that would have been a legal nightmare.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#192804 May 21, 2013
KeS wrote:
Prop *8* Rules!!!
Careful, Big D is going to get so upset with you he'll probably vomit!

He'll surely start pontificating down to you at the very least.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#192805 May 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
If the state didn't require a license to get the benefits that are given to marriage, we wouldn't be here.
Exactamundo!
sheesh

Greenbelt, MD

#192806 May 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave VV the facts a while ago. He chooses to continue the slander. His deceit is pointed out virtually every day. You know that. Now you are trying to go Obama innocent/dumb about it.
At the most, his words are hear-say. You took them and formed your own 'conclusions'. I simply point out that lack of character and accurately term it as rooted in bigotry and hatred.
But hey, if you want to keep exposing yourself, it's your reputation.
Sheesh.
I mean Smile.
<quoted text>

No.
Smile.
Ah good, dealing from the book of troll, never give a straight answer, just repeat your illogical babble. It is quite fitting for you.
like this

Satellite Provider

#192807 May 21, 2013
Bruno

Westminster, CA

#192809 May 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
To pay taxes ..

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#192810 May 21, 2013
KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget Old Blue Eyes.....The Voice....The Chairman of the Board....the greatest entertainer of the 20th century.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 71,038
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web