Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
167,921 - 167,940 of 200,346 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
sheesh

Middleburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KeS wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not about religion, only what is correct and incorrect.
Yet you include religious elements in your posts.
Civiled

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

People in Florida need to get their acts straightened up, beside3s have the dumbest laws that are throw back to the civil wars years but they have dumb politician's and judges too.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must agree that it's an insult for him to suggest that I am a "broken straight person"--meaning that I am really straight, but "act" gay because I was abused or "act" gay because of some other such nonsense.
I'm sure that you believe his arguments are stupid and counterproductive? Hmmm?
Haven't read them. Just saw your hateful nonsense blaring out, just begging for Frankie's comments.

Aren't you lucky!?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
OH I donít look for outside approval, I donít care about anyoneís beliefs in magical beings, filled out the legal paperwork for the government, but I donít need anyoneís approval and could actually care less what others think.
I expect the same is true for others... do you care what same sex couples think of your marriage? They should have the same level of consideration of what you think of theirs.
Nice try Big D but u dodged tge question. Who sanctioned your marriage? Be honest......remember honesty is in the super hero manual.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try Big D but u dodged tge question. Who sanctioned your marriage? Be honest......remember honesty is in the super hero manual.
Legally, the state of California sanctioned it, the only person I asked permission of ( other than my wife ) was her father ( I am old fashioned that way ) He knew before she did.

It was a non-religious ceremony, quite nice, close family and friends and one heck of a honeymoon, we spent more on the honeymoon than the wedding.

Not sure I understand your question... if it is different than I am responding... seriously
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems to me the biggest fear that some pro SSM people have is poly marriage. Not me, I support true marriage equality. Do you?
Personally I believe in one wife, but I don't trying and force people to live under my rules. If they are conscenting adults, thats their business. If it came to a vote, I'd be checking the for box.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I am sure you know the golden rule, to treat others as you want to be treated, rest assured I will treat you and your marriage exactly the same as you treat those same sex marriages.
I only treat you the way you are asking to be treated, with the same level of respect.
How can I do anything good or bad to something that does not exist?

Smile.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say heterosexuality is illegal or immoral. I said many states have decided it is not legally, morally or socially RELEVANT to marriage.
Perhaps you should read it again more carefully. Ask for help.
I seen the "if", Just thought I'd put my two cents in on the subject.
Thanks for the offer, if I ever need some help understanding someones post you'll be first on my list.
Factoids

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Muslims don't respect women.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
well... that sort of is a marriage isnít it.. in this state... common law?
It was a major flaw in their case, they claimed harm to marriage, but they could not bring anyone in who was actually harmed by it.
Yep!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so true... a few pages ago someone was trying to insult me by calling me Gay, I am not, but I donít consider it any kind of insult, just incorrect information.
Their mistake is that they are so insecure in themselves that they consider it a deadly insult, and assume incorrectly that everyone else is as weak and as insecure as they are themselves.
Look at what I have faced;

A lesbian trapped in a straight man. A hermaphrodite to boot! A monster mutation. No insecurity there. No denial.

And simply saying that ss couples do not equate to marriage. Obviously.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You, like Kimare,(the other dunce of this forum) are so obviously uneducated regarding science and humanity. You've never expanded your views on the matter which we discuss. You take one or two life examples and try to turn them into philosophies that explain the world.
With every one of your posts, you expose your white, underbelly of ignorance. If I were you, I would be terribly embarrassed.
You seem very bitter and hateful.

I'm simply pointing out obvious realities. Things you can only respond to with ad homoan gay twirls like the one above.

Not going to lead to a long or happy life... need to get real.

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D injects religion into his every post. Then he whines that religion is off topic if anyone else brings it up.
Just about the only time I see religion mentioned in this forum it is from Big D.
It's hilarious.

They would rather argue faith, than face the scientific reality of a sexual disorder. They would rather impose an imposter relationship on marriage with the manipulation of law than establish their own identity.

Desperate foolishness.
cadit

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Another jerk water or dirt bag bomber aka Muslim Fighter, When you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims," the dog-Tsarnaev wrote.

Lets change this around to reality: "when you attack one American you attack all Americans, then you get a Drone execution.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you live in Fortuna, Joe? Fine town. Is that old radio store still in business? C. Crane I think it is called.
No, not anymore, my last name is Fortuna.
It sure is, I think they are making energy efficient lighting. Its kind of funny most people in the area really don't know what they do, but the are known globally for their lighting.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Big D was absent the day they covered honesty.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
I seen the "if", Just thought I'd put my two cents in on the subject.
Thanks for the offer, if I ever need some help understanding someones post you'll be first on my list.
So do you live in Fortuna? Fine town.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not anymore, my last name is Fortuna.
It sure is, I think they are making energy efficient lighting. Its kind of funny most people in the area really don't know what they do, but the are known globally for their lighting.
Great radio products. I didn't know they were into lighting. Glad they are still around.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>Really, so you are saying that only 49% of the child molesters are gay. Well, you would be right, that would leave the 51% as straight. Your 1% gay population accounts for 49%.
But you can do better: Of the over 100,000 RCC child abuse cases, 95% of them were gay child abuse cases....gosh you were 20% of the RCC priesthood then.
The top ten largest pedophile rings are all gay, with the largest pedophile ring ever busted being a 70,000 gay pedophile member ring.
With 91% of gays contemplating suicide, you need therapy..you do.
With 53% of all suicides being gays, you need therapy...you do.
With 80% of the AIDS cases being gays, you need therapy...you do.
In every state where same sex marriage has been approved there has been a minimum of a 500% increase in gay child molestation and gay pedophile rings have popped up all over that state or country.
Yeah, you care about children and gays, just don't let their concerns get in the way of your political agenda.
People that ignore this fact, are people that donít care about molested children or gays, that only want to use those children and gays for political gain.
:0( the truth will set you free, you should try it.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at what I have faced;
A lesbian trapped in a straight man. A hermaphrodite to boot! A monster mutation. No insecurity there. No denial.
And simply saying that ss couples do not equate to marriage. Obviously.
Smile.
Really, tell us about how your inner lesbian has an epi-marker mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr Eric 68,396
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 12 hr snodder 2,252
Tim Grobaty: Rock acts once reigned at old Mari... (Jun '10) Sun harry king 4
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
Monterey: Aircraft carrier USS Nimitz expected ... Jul 25 Margaret Smith 6
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel Jul 24 Elders of Zion 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search