Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,481 - 166,500 of 200,607 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190658 May 1, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too wordy.
Frances, you're making a fool of yourself again...

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190659 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I just adore when you respond in this way. It only makes you seem more bizarre with each passing day.
At what point do I "lie".
You asked a question and I answered it.
Do you know of any pair of legal contracts that are exactly the same in every way, but are called by completely different names?
They are not 'exactly the same in every way'.

I listed several of numerous core differences.

To deny those differences,'husband and wife' was changed to partners. There is an attempt to deny the terms 'mother and father' also.

Moreover, you again dumb down marriage to a 'contract'? How romantic.

You know these things VV, but sell your soul to deny reality and pretend. The simplest thing in the world is to keep putting simple points of reality on the table and watch your gay twirl hissy fits squirm.

Smirk.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#190660 May 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
To deny those differences,'husband and wife' was changed to partners. There is an attempt to deny the terms 'mother and father' also.
You know these things VV, but sell your soul to deny reality and pretend. The simplest thing in the world is to keep putting simple points of reality on the table and watch your gay twirl hissy fits squirm.
Smirk.
Are you still tilting at the gay windmills?

Will you invite me to your imaginary victory celebration?

Snark.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190661 May 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still tilting at the gay windmills?
Will you invite me to your imaginary victory celebration?
Snark.
Yes.

No.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#190662 May 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
No.
Smile.
It's OK. I wouldn't attend.

What would I wear?

;p

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#190664 May 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate the sincerity you approach with.
1. I have no problem with GLBT's facing the reality of who they are. I continue that reality acceptance, and find that 'different' people appreciate the consistency. I share my reality with a brashness when dealing with denial. Many GLBT's do exactly the same thing. The fact of the matter is, I AM a monster mutation.
2. I have never limited marriage to procreation. That is really a dishonest assertion about me... I simply take marriage to it's fundamental essence. In fact, if I take marriage to it's earliest roots, it is the reunion of gender to it's prehistoric genderless simple life form. I also use the issue of anal sex for the same purpose; expose the silliness of trying to equate ss couples to marriage.
Here is the bottom line; The union of a heterosexual couple, and the fruit that is most often the result are described as marriage and family. Those words describe a situation like no other. If the words marriage and family are subverted by a different type of relationship (as you suggest), there is no longer a description that expresses that distinction.
This begs the question, why don't ss couples establish their own identity and legal rights? Why the demand that we pretend that marriage and family are the same as ss couples? Do you have an answer?
I wouldn't use the word Monster, why monster? are we living in an anime. Mutation?, may be, but really I think diversity, genetic rarity. Monster has obvious negative implications and mutation, well were you born with regular DNA then something happened to change it. You've said chimera, I'm thinking this is what I call mosaic: a variable mix of XX and XY in any given sample. If that's the case then why use the term monster mutation, other than for dramatic effect. Well, you have the right to call yourself what you like, I was questioning the mental health of it, but then if you're happy I suppose it doesn't matter. Personally I call myself Intersexed with a genetic mosaic.
Back to the gay subject and marriage...
I've read your repeats on anal sex and yes, I disagree. If it was a complete afront to nature and design then it wouldn't feel good, and yes it does to many. To those who like it it isn't demeaning and is not inherently harmful, as this to me implies harm is a given which it is not.
SS couples did try with their own alternative to marriage and that was 'Civil partnerships'. I do agree this would have been a good thing and in some ways better than extending traditional marriage to everybody, but it ended up being a second class marriage, with many of the legal rights and attitudes afforded marriage not afforded to couples in civil partnerships. I think this is why the GLB then set their sights on marriage. In a way I do see your point about marriage being changed so much with the inclusion of SS as to be unrecognisable, but like I said from a personal viewpoint if this is the way things are going (and it's come so far now, with SSM being legal in so many places) then I look at a potential bonus positive of oneday having the wording of man and woman replaced with two people and so including not only the trans community but intersex too.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190665 May 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
You said that we should pursue our own legal relationship status with our own set of benefits and protections.

Same-Sex Couples will pursue the exact same set of benefits and protections that Opposite-Sex Couples possess in marriage.

So, our relationships would be identical in every way to your relationships from a legal standpoint.

That being the case, you would have two identical contracts with different names (if you get your way).

Name two other legal contracts that are identical in every way, except in name.

Answer the question.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#190666 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that we should pursue our own legal relationship status with our own set of benefits and protections.
Same-Sex Couples will pursue the exact same set of benefits and protections that Opposite-Sex Couples possess in marriage.
So, our relationships would be identical in every way to your relationships from a legal standpoint.
That being the case, you would have two identical contracts with different names (if you get your way).
Answer the question.
Kuntmary already knows that the battle is lost. She's merely being obtuse as a means to fill the great void in zher personal life.
Rock Hudson

Washington, DC

#190667 May 1, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, Hater.
Hush,child.
Rock Hudson

Washington, DC

#190668 May 1, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get you panties in a twist, Hater. Just Relax.
We all know that you could contribute to the debate. Maybe, one day, you'll get your chance...
Rock Hudson

Washington, DC

#190669 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do all straight people speak for you? Are there differing opinions re: same-sex marriage within the straight community? Why would you think that all gay people speak with a unified voice?
You guys have Obummer to speak for you. He spent more time on the phone, congratulating your latest cracked egg, than he did on the phone with families of victims..
Boston..
Benghazi..
Etc..
I even heard a lesbian from Denver, yesterday, on the radio, blasting Jason Collins, for being a coward, "priming the talk show pump" (as she put it) and questioning the need for any of you to come out, at all. A big publicity stunt. "Sexualizing everything" was the phrase I heard, and "robbing kids of their innocence", as well, 13 year olds, needing to focus more on orientation, than the game...
Hmm.. As I've said before. We always congratulate the broken ones for admitting their flaws in public. Hence, the big "I'm proud of you" speeches..
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190670 May 1, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Kuntmary already knows that the battle is lost. She's merely being obtuse as a means to fill the great void in zher personal life.
I find that amusing as well, they know they have already lost. Now it is only a matter of time. But they keep beating their chests and holding onto pipe dreams that are impossible.

And the more they promote hate, the further down the drain their churches go.

It just does not sell as well as it used to
LatterDays

Covina, CA

#190671 May 1, 2013
Look now it will soon become the new norm across the land.

Midnight marriage unions for gay couples as Colorado law takes effect.

Get to know your Mormon next door, political come back attempt after their "full Exposure" in their leader calling himself Mitt Romney's attempt at becoming the president of the USA.

Suggest you do what you do best, take multiple wives and produce kids coming out the diaper pail.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190673 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frances, you're making a fool of yourself again...
Promoting true marriage equality makes one look like a fool in veryvermillion La La Happy Land?

Red, You're looking stupid again.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190674 May 1, 2013
LatterDays wrote:
Get to know your Mormon next door, political come back attempt after their "full Exposure" in their leader calling himself Mitt Romney's attempt at becoming the president of the USA.
Suggest you do what you do best, take multiple wives and produce kids coming out the diaper pail.
You're being paged jackass.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190675 May 1, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question.
And the name is what they fear... they are frightened half to death.. by a word.

The name does not belong to them, many religions and non-religious use the same word, that word is not their personal property, and from a recognition perspective, it is a legal term.

Our laws are applied equally ( or are supposed to be ) regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.
Earl

Phoenix, AZ

#190676 May 1, 2013
LatterDays wrote:
So it's not okay to attack someone for being gay, but it is okay to attack someone's religion?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190677 May 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
And the name is what they fear... they are frightened half to death.. by a word.
The name does not belong to them, many religions and non-religious use the same word, that word is not their personal property, and from a recognition perspective, it is a legal term.
Our laws are applied equally ( or are supposed to be ) regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Religion, Orientation or National Origin.
Too funny!

Try and relax. So dramatic "...they are frightened half to death..."
Give us a break!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190678 May 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that amusing as well...
HAR!HAR!HAR! YUK!YUK!YUK! So Funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190679 May 1, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 57 min Little Ricky 15,966
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Duh 5,015
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr napalmers 7,933
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info