Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,321)

Showing posts 166,401 - 166,420 of200,225
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three consenting adults.

Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of my own..."? Who am I, the Grand Duchess of the LGBT Community?
If the figures are correct, some 21,000,000 straight allies of the gay community support same-sex marriage.
Not sure how to address you properly

what is the correct term for a Grand Duchess?

Not your Majesty, even Your Highness sounds like way too much.

( chuckle )
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Some Never Came Home wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,it seems sometimes you really don't think things through! Sorry OH great one but there have now been 3 states that have passed Marriage equality by popular vote! Now,are you lying or was it an honest mistake on the part of your ignorance? Geez,and we all thought you knew it all! Care to try again?
3 states by popular vote,Maine,Maryland and Washington state!
www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-usa-cam...
Bill, posting a picture of a tombstone with my name on it is PYSCHOTIC. It is a death threat. Do you really want to kill me you big dopey galoot psycho?

Try and relax Fruitcake. Perhaps some thorazine?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how to address you properly
what is the correct term for a Grand Duchess?
Not your Majesty, even Your Highness sounds like way too much.
( chuckle )
How about jackass? That sounds just right.(chuckle)
Howdy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your numbers? Have a look at this article, which indicates that ALL churches are losing members; including evangelicals. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/10/us/study-fi...
Actually, if you look at the Pew Research study that looked at religion in America, you'd see that the biggest losers were the more conservative denominations and biggest gainer was "non-affiliated". People are stepping away from religion overall, and mostly, apparantly, from the idiotic jerks that want to dictate to everyone else how things should be. They're the ones painting the ugly picture of Christianity and refuse to take responsibility for that exodus.
PullTop

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Vienna sausages now come in a can.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Howdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you look at the Pew Research study that looked at religion in America, you'd see that the biggest losers were the more conservative denominations and biggest gainer was "non-affiliated". People are stepping away from religion overall, and mostly, apparantly, from the idiotic jerks that want to dictate to everyone else how things should be. They're the ones painting the ugly picture of Christianity and refuse to take responsibility for that exodus.
I think it is long past time we should stop believing in a Santa.

But I do agree that the nail in the coffin was the politicization of the churches, they aligned with a political party, they are so deep in politics it has become one of their primary messages when folks go to church.

They have totally lost their way, and people are leaving in droves.
Howdy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage has always been a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. You are not 'updating' it, you are undefining it.
Why don't ss couples have the courage and integrity to establish their own defined relationship? Instead, you insult intelligence by demanding everyone equate duplicate sterile couples with marriage.
Societal health has suffered dramatically with the demise of marriage commitment. Children are paying the greatest cost. You want to further that decline with a radical dilution of marriage and family.
So you're pissed about the usage of a word. Big deal.

I'm married to my wife of 8 yrs. I don't care if a same sex couple wants to use that same word. Takes nothing away from my marriage. What would you be losing if a same sex couple married? I'll answer that for you - NOTHING. Not a dam thing.

Get over it - it's just semantics.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you mentioned that, Same sex marriage would not be advancing without the support of heterosexuals.
I think there are more heterosexual supporters of same sex marriage, then there are homosexual... think about that.
More voters in the US today support same sex marrage than oppose it
You are not alone
I realize that some of us don't say it often enough, but I can't tell you how much I appreciate your doggedness and keen insight on this issue. If it weren't for straight allies in the community, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Just like heterosexual marriage is no better or worse than homosexual marriage, marriage between two consenting adults is not inherently more or less “correct” than marriage among three consenting adults.
Though polygamists are a minority—a tiny minority, in fact—freedom has no value unless it extends to even the smallest and most marginalized groups among us. So let’s fight for marriage equality until it extends to every same-sex couple in the United States—and then let’s keep fighting. We’re not done yet.
Frances, I'm curious... Are you already involved in a plural relationship? Do you and your wife (I'm assuming you're married) have a bunch of "sister wives"? Maybe your wife wants a stable of husbands of her own. Is that why you push so hard for polygamy?
jojo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

nonsense

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Howdy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm married to my wife of 8 yrs. I don't care if a same sex couple wants to use that same word. Takes nothing away from my marriage. What would you be losing if a same sex couple married? I'll answer that for you - NOTHING. Not a dam thing.
Howdy, Kimare never lets the English language stand in his way. He believes that he's a wordsmith. He loves to come up with new words. He thinks he's clever. He doesn't realize how lame he comes across here. It's kind of sad.
Howdy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm....ya know Ak.....that last line speaks volumes. I've thought it was odd the way SSMers would ague for the "freedom to marry" by asking the state to regulate their intimate personal relationship. It seems to contradict the desires result.
Then start a movement to dissolve all marriage laws in this nation. Do away with those 1300 priviliges granted to legally married couples. Re-write all marriage laws so that NO one is legally married in this nation, no where.

Why won't that happen? Because too many people CAN get married and DO enjoy those priviliges. And you're probably one of them - you just happen to talk out of both sides of your mouth.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that some of us don't say it often enough, but I can't tell you how much I appreciate your doggedness and keen insight on this issue. If it weren't for straight allies in the community, we wouldn't be where we are today.
I am not looking for thanks... I have not done all that much, I contributed money opposed to prop 8 and talk to folks about it, that is about it. I know other straight folks that have done a lot more than I have.

I just think it is remarkable, that so many Americans have come so far in such a short period of time. In the 80's or 90's this would have been impossible.

But it makes me proud to be an American when I see so many standing up for justice and equality.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Howdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, I am not belittling you or you slut in any way at all.

And I promise as I know you are a follower of the golden rule that I will treat your marriage as sacred as you treat the marriage of others, including same sex couples.

I will use the same terms you use when you talk of them, I know that is the way you would want it.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Howdy wrote:
<quoted text>
How we use words doesn't matter? How old. Are you?

I've got some chocolate pudding I picked up in the yard just for you and VV...

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Howdy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is another one related to the issue you are trying to twirl by;

Would your child think it matters if it was mom and dad, or two 'dads'?

You are an idiot.

Snicker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of my own..."? Who am I, the Grand Duchess of the LGBT Community?
If the figures are correct, some 21,000,000 straight allies of the gay community support same-sex marriage.
I was referring to gay twirl liars. Yes, you are the Queen of said liars.

The fact remains that an arrogant twisted sister bragged about your deceit.

And you bragged about deceiving 21 million idiots. Must make you proud...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frances, I'm curious... Are you already involved in a plural relationship? Do you and your wife (I'm assuming you're married) have a bunch of "sister wives"? Maybe your wife wants a stable of husbands of her own. Is that why you push so hard for polygamy?
I am not interested in a polygamous relationship, I simply wish to discuss marriage equality.

Polygamy is marriage too. And as such it belongs in any discussion of marriage equality. Don't you agree?

Big D is not interested in a same sex marriage. But he discusses it, and you allow him to, indeed you encourage him too. Why am I not afforded the same courtesy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 166,401 - 166,420 of200,225
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 33 min erasers 4,858
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 35 min sloading 7,817
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr The right is wrong 2,225
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 23 hr HughBe 68,160
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Fri This topics peaked 15,911
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000