Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
166,321 - 166,340 of 200,593 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
JoeFriday

Covina, CA

#190486 Apr 29, 2013
Why don't you let my friends alone?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190487 Apr 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny, I have made predictions as to which state or nation will go next.. I have been wrong every time, some other state or nation speeds things up and slips in under the wire.
They are recognizing same sex marriages so fast it is difficult to keep up.
Another thing to note, is that California is in his “number of states”.... but California recognizes same sex marriages, some 18,000 of them preformed in the state, and there is no way the state legislature would sign on to that federal ban.. not going to happen.
He wouldn’t even get the states he is counting on, much less 7 others, you need 2/3 of state legislatures to get around the house and senate, which just isn’t going to happen.
They are desperately trying to find a way, but it is a lost cause, Same Sex marriage is a fact, and it will only grow from here.
Oy vey.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190488 Apr 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are totally unaware of the over a million same sex marriages worldwide, over 120,000 in the US, 18,000 even here in California?
Have you been living in a cave or something, or just watching Faux news?
I'm aware there are a number of fake, imposter, sterile, duplicate half of marriage pretendies, but no such thing as a 'ss marriage'.

Smile.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#190489 Apr 29, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that, um , that something that a "drunken loser who has missed the train" should learn from? So as not to be an "elitist hater"?
Yes, but, I've given up hope that you'll ever learn.
Mike the Pike

Glenn, CA

#190490 Apr 29, 2013
The more I read, the more stupid I think this subject is. Eventually, people will be marrying their pets because once marriage is disconnected from it's traditional meaning, there will be no boundary!

But, So what?! If our society is so stupid as to let 1-2% of our population bully us into this change then so be it! I will argue forever that this is the wrong policy but there are other issues quite frankly that are more pressing such as our poor foreign policy and utterly stupid domestic economic policy!

Lewis Center, OH

#190491 Apr 29, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Cry baby.
waa...
waa....
waa....
Adapt or go extinct, wussy boy.
Those haters sure can whine. Makes me smile every time they do. They have such fragile egos. Wonder why?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#190492 Apr 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware there are a number of fake, imposter, sterile, duplicate half of marriage pretendies, but no such thing as a 'ss marriage'.
Smile.
They don't exist in your brain, but they do exist in the real world. Sucks to be a senile Kuntmary.

Lewis Center, OH

#190493 Apr 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Your logic dictates that if you’re married (not sure if you are) it only qualifies as ¾ of a union since you proclaim yourself to be ½ woman and ½ man. Do you think monsters, such as yourself, should be allowed to marry?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#190495 Apr 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Federal Marriage Amendment attempt failed in 2006. And in today's environment, it's even less likely to pass today.
Only 7 more State buddy..

BTW, that was a Congressional attempt at an Amendment, add 7 States and there is no need for Congress.

I suggest you read Article V of the US Constitution.

Location hidden

#190496 Apr 29, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh puh-leez. You don't have the votes to get an amendment out of Congress.
We don't need Congress, dumb ass. Just 7 more States.

I suggest you read Article V.

Location hidden

#190497 Apr 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It will never get to the states, I doubt it will pass the house, more Republicans are crossing the fence every week, and cannot possibly pass the senate. There is no point in a constitutional convention of state legislatures as it would require a 2/3 vote of state legislatures to go around the house and senate.
There are not enough states opposed to same sex marriage to get that, you would not even get California ( counted among his 31 states and dropping )
Used to be 50 states that would not recognize same sex marriages, today it is 31 and dropping.
They would not even get 31 states on board and adding 7 is a pipe dream, the momentum is going the other way
Do you people ever read the Constitution. A Constitutional Amendment does not require Congress, it doesn't require Washington DC at all!!

Lewis Center, OH

#190498 Apr 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I second that.
I cannot post "F**k" without asteriks. Rose_NoHo, X-Box and certain other "more equal" posters can.
Drunkty Drunkty posted on the wall.
Drunkty Drunkty had a good bawl.
All the Jack Daniels and whining and insults he could muster
couldn’t stop Drunkty Drunkty from getting banned yet again.
Rusty Angina

East Granby, CT

#190499 Apr 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't exist in your brain, but they do exist in the real world. Sucks to be a senile Kuntmary.
And to b u as well.

Rusty Angina
-Dusty Mangina's cold rusted heart
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190500 Apr 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, it must be pretty bad to feel that your rights are being quashed. We gay people wouldn't know ANYTHING about that.
Seems the worm has turned...
Although I have never had any enjoyment out of my position, nor mocked anyone in your positions, I see that I can fully claim the high ground, because you all seem to think that is funny. How very grownup of you, but at least I know that the bias is open and acknowledged. More than X-ed-out is willing to admit.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190501 Apr 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I love it that he is complaining about bias while championing bias
Aren't you going to defend MY rights, D? Aren't you going to demand that MY rights be protected? Where's all that "I'll not stand for tyranny" routine now? It sounds like you don't mind seeing my rights being denied, since I don't see things your way. Full-blown hypocrisy, and I'll not lose any sleep about it. Your laughing and crowing about my denied rights won't rob me of a thing that I value.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190502 Apr 29, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Drunkty Drunkty posted on the wall.
Drunkty Drunkty had a good bawl.
All the Jack Daniels and whining and insults he could muster
couldn’t stop Drunkty Drunkty from getting banned yet again.
Why is your dumb ad hominem not hateful nonsense exactly like you whine other people shouldn't be allowed to post? What is different about it? Why is it OK for you to post stupid ad hominem nonsense but not OK for other posters except of course the great Rose_NoHo?

Please enlighten us. Where can I get a pass to post stupid insults like you seem to think you have?

P.S. Jack Daniels sucks.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190503 Apr 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Look, there are thousands of people using TOPIX at any one point during the day. Do you really think a moderator is following your specific posts? I doubt it.
2) My guess is that you've hacked off so many people in this forum that they routinely report your posts as being offensive. That's why you get banned.
3) It's not bias from the site moderators. It's just some folks who do a drive-by hit on your postings.
4) It comes with the territory.
5) I, personally, don't report people; unless they threaten violence. And that's happened a couple of times.
6) When I lived in Greeneville, TN and started "mouthing off" (i.e.: expressing my support for LGBT issues), a couple of people found out my identity, which wasn't hard to do in a small town.
They made physical threats against me; involving spikes if I'm not mistaken. It got a little creepy.
But I'm a big guy--6'5", 250#s. I don't scare easily. I've taken a baseball bat to the back of the head a few times. And I won't even get into the number of balls being slammed into my face (it's joke).
1) Yes. there are moderators. And they DO delete posts. It says so, right there in the "please refrain..." line.
2) Reporting offensive posts is only done AFTER the posts reach the forum, which isn't the case here. Nice try.
3) My postings are only postings AFTER they reach the floor. they don't have anything to report if I press the "Post Comment" button, and the post does not get posted. See? It's elementary. And deletion of a post is not the same as being banned, believe me, I know the difference.
4) the territory is policed to be gay-friendly, and anti-heterosexual. for those of us championing the 1 man/1 woman stance, we are sided against. It DOES come with the territory. It is why you can post words that I cannot.
5) I've reported 2 people for threats of violence, from your side, in this forum. "TooManyLaws" and "LaQueesha Jefferson PHD".
Joke taken. nice.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190504 Apr 29, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
But ya ARE paranoid, Blanche.
...Yeah, keep talking...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190505 Apr 29, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Cry baby.
waa...
waa....
waa....
Umm....Neither. Keep talking...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190506 Apr 29, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Cry baby.
waa...
waa....
waa....
You must be happy, however, to see America turn into "Idiocracy", you'll feel right at home, with all the other rejects, all huddled up, telling each other that there's nothing wrong with yourselves.....Keep talking....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr J RULES 68,997
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr go away 5,007
clint the flint 9 hr ubietron 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 14 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000