Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,794

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Read more
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190284 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>The funny part is they think they're hiding their true feelings.
It's you who has the hidden agendas. Tell us the truth. It's all about the Benjamins. the money. The financial gain. Not about "love" at all, is it? Want some love? Curl up with someone, and get some. that's all you need to start with, not governmental protection of your fragile status.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190285 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not very good at that... are they?
So, when I post my disapproval, I am attempting to hide my true feelings? Great insight there, Super-Frylock.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190286 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>It's like hiding behind glass with them. Their only frame of reference is their own stupid selves. A lack of education is a VERY obvious thing to people who have one. They have no idea that they are textbook examples of calumny.
Reading the dictionary, looking for new words? Calumny? nothing false about what we say. It is all there, hiding in the obvious.
Marriage rights were established to protect normal, natural families, not to fund your deviance.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190287 Apr 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like calling anyone who disagrees with you stupid and/or drug addled?
Yes, just like that. Absolute calumny, but then, they are the ones who dictate for the rest of us, so you must drug-addled, and I must be hiding my true feelings...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190288 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
For some.... that seems to be the only thing they have.
They canít win with an actual viable argument, so they resort to that
We can't win a rigged game, no. Your failure to admit simple truths leaves us at an impasse.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190289 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>does the word jackass ring a bell?
Yes, it starts with the letter "J", and also has 3 syllables. Just as "JizzyTurd" does.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190290 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>does the word jackass ring a bell?
Scratch the syllables part...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#190291 Apr 27, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, sir. Nothing of the sort. It is about the "[enumerated] rights" that are to be had. If it was about "love", there'd be no need for any legislation, at all. they'd already have it. It's the icing on the cake that it is the REAL target, the $$. Children were the original reason for coupling and mating, and all the rest. Normal, natural family.
so what if it is about the Benjamens??

why should a heterosexual married couple be able to leave their spouse an estate without having to pay taxes and a homosexual couple can't. That's one of the cases before SCOTUS. A gay woman had to pay nearly $400,000 in taxes on the property her married partner (to her) owned when her partner died. Since the IRS (Federal Gov't) didn't recognize their marriage thanks to DOMA.

Why should heterosexual married couple have hospital visitation rights and homosexual couples don't.

why should heterosexual couples benefit from tax breaks that are denied homosexual couples.

its all about equality and yes some of that is monetary equality

You know I don't understand what the big hang-up is. What two adults with regards to their personal lives do is completely between them.

Please explain exactly how legalizing same sex marriage will adversely affect your life?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#190292 Apr 27, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading the dictionary, looking for new words? Calumny? nothing false about what we say. It is all there, hiding in the obvious.
Marriage rights were established to protect normal, natural families, not to fund your deviance.
I suggest you check your history. Same sex marriages have been around for thousands of years, including Europe in the Middle Ages.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#190293 Apr 27, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact.: SSM is a rip-off.
That opinion, plus fifty cents, gets you Jack Schitt.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190294 Apr 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so what if it is about the Benjamens??
why should a heterosexual married couple be able to leave their spouse an estate without having to pay taxes and a homosexual couple can't. That's one of the cases before SCOTUS. A gay woman had to pay nearly $400,000 in taxes on the property her married partner (to her) owned when her partner died. Since the IRS (Federal Gov't) didn't recognize their marriage thanks to DOMA.
Why should heterosexual married couple have hospital visitation rights and homosexual couples don't.
why should heterosexual couples benefit from tax breaks that are denied homosexual couples.
its all about equality and yes some of that is monetary equality
You know I don't understand what the big hang-up is. What two adults with regards to their personal lives do is completely between them.
Please explain exactly how legalizing same sex marriage will adversely affect your life?
Relax fruitloops.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190295 Apr 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you check your history. Same sex marriages have been around for thousands of years, including Europe in the Middle Ages.
I suggest you get lost creep.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190296 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Look in the mirror Frank
No, seriously, look at most of X-boxes posts, it is its modus operandi...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190297 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everything a joke to you? Don't you understand that Gay rights are a serious issue? Have you some how missed the point? I bet in the 60's you said you where for civil rights for Black Americans, and then cracked jokes when you where hanging with your White Power buddies. We have your number Frank, we get you, now piss off.
Why don't you keep your postings trelevant? Stop trying to suppress the opinions of valid Americans, who have more of a right to equal treatment than do you. You're a damn Fascist. YOU piss off.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190298 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
5 posts in a row, all ad- hominem attacks. The spot light is shinning on you Frank. Bask in the glory, revel in your self righteousness. Yes Frank you are the man.
Why, look. There's the Fascist, attempting to silence an American..
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190299 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Cool, do you know any more CB radio lingo? Still stuck in the 70's .
Breaker, breaker, you got Frankie the troll in a Chevy Vega, over.
What's that, "good buddy"? Cruisin' for some ass? Keep cruisin', ass-bandit....There's a pickle park ahead, just full of real men...Copy that?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190300 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all little boy, you cry and whine when others give you what you hand out.
makes you so upset.. it is sad, and funny, but sometimes I feel guilty over making fun of someone so pathetic, it is like making fun of mentally disabled people
There you go again, imagining your own omnipotence.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190301 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your numbers? Have a look at this article, which indicates that ALL churches are losing members; including evangelicals. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/10/us/study-fi...
Your side absolutely THRIVES on pushing religion out of the way...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190302 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you have posted the facts?!? Hell, you've NEVER posted a fact that I can recall. Remember your "facts" about how gays are the result of "epi-genetic mistakes"? There's nothing factual about that.
I wouldn't believe you even if your tongue came notarized.
Of course you wouldn't, as his true facts invalidate you. You'd dispute God himself, if He appeared, in order to get what you want so badly, legal protection of your deviance, flying in the face of society.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190303 Apr 27, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
What then is the point? Why do men need to "marry" men, and women "marry" women?
If procreation is a "dead argument" there is no need to prohibit marriage between consenting blood relatives.
Don't confuse them with stone-cold logic. They'll only call names and rant about how you "fear" them...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where can I find heroin in monterey? Fri Rosiedosie 7
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Thu scirocco 71,697
News Homicide suspect Victor Cabrera has long histor... (Oct '08) Mar 24 mando 12
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Mar 20 Gary 16
Review: Salazar Auto Repair (Sep '13) Mar 10 fed up 3
News Ezekiel Lopez-Figueroa at his sentencing this m... (Dec '11) Mar 5 Carlos Slim 14
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Mar 3 Joe Balls 1,530
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]