Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,318

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190277 Apr 27, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The part where you think we should be denied marriage is where your opinion comes in.
Fact: there is no reason to deny SS marriage the same legal status as one penis/ one vagina marriages.
Fact: There is no parity in what you seek.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190278 Apr 27, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The part where you think we should be denied marriage is where your opinion comes in.
Fact: there is no reason to deny SS marriage the same legal status as one penis/ one vagina marriages.
Fact: SSM is a rip-off.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190279 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Procreation is a dead argument, even the Supreme Court joked about it.
Should they deny anyone over 55 a marriage license, how about Vets that lost the use of the lower half of their bodies, should they be denied marriage licenses?
There is no law, anywhere, that will deny a couple a marriage license because they do not intend or cannot have children.
Procreation is a dead argument with respect to same sex marriage.
They hang onto that, because they donít have anything else to cling too, like rats running to the last dry spot on a sinking ship.
You, also, hang onto it, as if it solely validates your side, which it does not. Far from it.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190280 Apr 27, 2013
An observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Goverment could not and should not regulate the love between people - it is unconstitutional, it is private mater between individuals and nobody have right to dictate that relationship. I think we are on the same page here?
The marriage as goverment protected institution is not a registry of people in love, it is goverment enforced contract to protect procreation and set of tax breaks with same intention.
The reason why general public invest in procreation, because the future of the nation depends on it. The today children will pay tax tomorrow and cover the cost of these tax brakes
By the way, check out the report from SSA - we are at the real danger that in 50 years for every working person it would be 4 not working senior and two of them with Alzheimer's. Although US so far has a good chance to avoid it all Europe certainly goes to that future.
No, we are spiralling down the drain, and the SSM crowd is bum-rushing the gates, getting the last scraps/benefits of a dying country. As they contribute to our demise...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190281 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then let's take back the Fourteenth Amendment and let people own one another. Let's allow slavery to flourish in the country again. Let's allow segregation of schools. Let's allow discrimination based on race, gender, religion, etc.
Such pesky government interference...
Look, our country EVOLVES. It doesn't stay stagnant. Decisions are made and processes are created in a manner that you may not agree with. But you are powerless to do anything about them.
The LGBT Community is aware of the processes necessary to get the rights and protections of marriage that we feel, as citizens, we deserve.
We will work within those systems, whether you believe they fall in line with the Constitution or not, in order to obtain our goals.
Rightly or wrongly, these are the processes that we have access to at this point in the game.
We like to refer to it as our unalienable right to the pursuit of happiness.
Silly quiff, the 14th is about marriage, not slavery. Can't you read? And, YOU may feel that you deserve the same rights as a legitimate couple does, but, WE do not. Get your avaricious hands out of the coffers.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190282 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Other than religious beliefs what do they have to hang thier hats on?
Lack of legitimacy, lack of societal benefit, shall I go on?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190283 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the difference between the disgruntled and the rest of us, they only look back with longing to earlier times.
When abortions were done by criminalís with coat hangers
When Homosexuals were persecuted legally
When minorities did not have equal rights or status
They long for those days, while the rest of us are looking forward to a brighter future.
So, now you are a mind reader? What is my favorite color? What kind of music do I like? Please, continue to describe me, you are amazingly dizzying...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190284 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>The funny part is they think they're hiding their true feelings.
It's you who has the hidden agendas. Tell us the truth. It's all about the Benjamins. the money. The financial gain. Not about "love" at all, is it? Want some love? Curl up with someone, and get some. that's all you need to start with, not governmental protection of your fragile status.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190285 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not very good at that... are they?
So, when I post my disapproval, I am attempting to hide my true feelings? Great insight there, Super-Frylock.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190286 Apr 27, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>It's like hiding behind glass with them. Their only frame of reference is their own stupid selves. A lack of education is a VERY obvious thing to people who have one. They have no idea that they are textbook examples of calumny.
Reading the dictionary, looking for new words? Calumny? nothing false about what we say. It is all there, hiding in the obvious.
Marriage rights were established to protect normal, natural families, not to fund your deviance.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190287 Apr 27, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like calling anyone who disagrees with you stupid and/or drug addled?
Yes, just like that. Absolute calumny, but then, they are the ones who dictate for the rest of us, so you must drug-addled, and I must be hiding my true feelings...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190288 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
For some.... that seems to be the only thing they have.
They canít win with an actual viable argument, so they resort to that
We can't win a rigged game, no. Your failure to admit simple truths leaves us at an impasse.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190289 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>does the word jackass ring a bell?
Yes, it starts with the letter "J", and also has 3 syllables. Just as "JizzyTurd" does.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190290 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>does the word jackass ring a bell?
Scratch the syllables part...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#190291 Apr 27, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, sir. Nothing of the sort. It is about the "[enumerated] rights" that are to be had. If it was about "love", there'd be no need for any legislation, at all. they'd already have it. It's the icing on the cake that it is the REAL target, the $$. Children were the original reason for coupling and mating, and all the rest. Normal, natural family.
so what if it is about the Benjamens??

why should a heterosexual married couple be able to leave their spouse an estate without having to pay taxes and a homosexual couple can't. That's one of the cases before SCOTUS. A gay woman had to pay nearly $400,000 in taxes on the property her married partner (to her) owned when her partner died. Since the IRS (Federal Gov't) didn't recognize their marriage thanks to DOMA.

Why should heterosexual married couple have hospital visitation rights and homosexual couples don't.

why should heterosexual couples benefit from tax breaks that are denied homosexual couples.

its all about equality and yes some of that is monetary equality

You know I don't understand what the big hang-up is. What two adults with regards to their personal lives do is completely between them.

Please explain exactly how legalizing same sex marriage will adversely affect your life?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#190292 Apr 27, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading the dictionary, looking for new words? Calumny? nothing false about what we say. It is all there, hiding in the obvious.
Marriage rights were established to protect normal, natural families, not to fund your deviance.
I suggest you check your history. Same sex marriages have been around for thousands of years, including Europe in the Middle Ages.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#190293 Apr 27, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact.: SSM is a rip-off.
That opinion, plus fifty cents, gets you Jack Schitt.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190294 Apr 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so what if it is about the Benjamens??
why should a heterosexual married couple be able to leave their spouse an estate without having to pay taxes and a homosexual couple can't. That's one of the cases before SCOTUS. A gay woman had to pay nearly $400,000 in taxes on the property her married partner (to her) owned when her partner died. Since the IRS (Federal Gov't) didn't recognize their marriage thanks to DOMA.
Why should heterosexual married couple have hospital visitation rights and homosexual couples don't.
why should heterosexual couples benefit from tax breaks that are denied homosexual couples.
its all about equality and yes some of that is monetary equality
You know I don't understand what the big hang-up is. What two adults with regards to their personal lives do is completely between them.
Please explain exactly how legalizing same sex marriage will adversely affect your life?
Relax fruitloops.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190295 Apr 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you check your history. Same sex marriages have been around for thousands of years, including Europe in the Middle Ages.
I suggest you get lost creep.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#190296 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Look in the mirror Frank
No, seriously, look at most of X-boxes posts, it is its modus operandi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jan 22 JOEL 71,544
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Jan 17 RANDY 1,515
Multiple suspects in custody for Seaside shootings Jan 15 Anonymous 1
Peninsula high school students arrested in 'fig... (Sep '09) Jan 7 trey 108
Other border states shun Arizona's immigration law (May '10) Jan 6 colton case 9,053
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec '14 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec '14 Clint 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:35 pm PST