Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Talley Sheet

Covina, CA

#190229 Apr 27, 2013
ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS

TOBACCO .......... 400,000
ALCOHOL .......... 100,000
ALL LEGAL DRUGS ..........20,000
ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS .........15,000
CAFFEINE .......... 2,000
ASPIRIN .......... 500
MARIJUANA .......... 0

----------
Source: United States government...
National Institute on Drug Abuse,
Bureau of Mortality Statistics.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#190230 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being flippant in my response to you. It's a ridiculous to believe that the government will stop its involvement in marriage in the foreseeable future.
It would be ridiculous to believe that the US Colonies could secede from Great Britain and become independent.

Location hidden

#190231 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that before there was legal marriage, couples still reproduced. It's how we all got here today.
"Before there was LEGAL marriage?"

Location hidden

#190232 Apr 27, 2013
sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
This* is all well and good, but ignores one simple fact. Married couples are more apt to stay together, in spite of the rising divorce rate, than couples who merely cohabitate.
*Actually the divorce tally exchange really is a pissing contest, not that I think you're unaware of that little detail.
The purpose was to point out how irrational the argument is that receiving state sanctioning somehow makes people free.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190233 Apr 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be ridiculous to believe that the US Colonies could secede from Great Britain and become independent.
Yes just like it was ridiculous to think that more and more states would legally recognizing same sex marriages.

Times change, they did then just as they do today. There are some people however that cannot accept the change, but they are left in the dust as progress rolls on
Krankenstein

Chico, CA

#190234 Apr 27, 2013
Gays already have the same rights that anyone else has in America! What they do not have the right to is to force the rest of us to willingly accept their lifestyle choice.

If a gay couple wants to quietly live their life and not wear their sexuality on their sleeve in public, I have no problem with it but when they want to force me and my children to watch some ridiculous display in public, I say NO!!! When they want to manipulate school curriculum to forward their agenda at the expense of our school children, Again I say NO!!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190235 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes just like it was ridiculous to think that more and more states would legally recognizing same sex marriages.
Times change, they did then just as they do today. There are some people however that cannot accept the change, but they are left in the dust as progress rolls on
Yes indeed. There are some people who don't even believe anyone wants to legalize polygamy. They believe it won't happen on their watch!

Maybe if Frankie wheels out and gathers signatures though, it would have a chance.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190237 Apr 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.. Legal, no one gives a crap what Odin, or Zeus, or Big Bwana, or Allah, or Shiva, or some Volcano or whichever invisible payment you have.

Legal recognition is the only recognition that matters
Big D

Modesto, CA

#190238 Apr 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose was to point out how irrational the argument is that receiving state sanctioning somehow makes people free.
it is the freedom that matters, if you choose to subjugate yourself to people pushing their imaginary playmate on you to control you behavior while hiding behind a pulpit, that is your affair
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190239 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
it is the freedom that matters, if you choose to subjugate yourself to people pushing their imaginary playmate on you to control you behavior while hiding behind a pulpit, that is your affair
As usual, the only one mentioning religion is you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#190240 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.. Legal, no one gives a crap what Odin, or Zeus, or Big Bwana, or Allah, or Shiva, or some Volcano or whichever invisible payment you have.
"Invisible payment"? Is that what you told the finance company before they repossessed your car? You made an "invisible payment" and they just didn't see it?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#190241 Apr 27, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, legal marriage... Do you have a problem understanding the concept?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#190242 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage did and does exist without any 'legal' involvement.

Our government has to have a prevailing interest to be engaged in marriage. Without children, it has none.

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sprits

Covina, CA

#190243 Apr 27, 2013
Ah shut up you soda jerk from texas.

Location hidden

#190244 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even think before you post?

Location hidden

#190245 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask again, do you even think before you post?

Let me try and make this simple for you.

If a "marriage" is not "legal" without government recognition, than logic dictates that a "marriage" without government recognition is "illegal."

This runs completely counter with your argument that marriage is a "RIGHT."

Location hidden

#190246 Apr 27, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
One more time, do you think before you post?

Seriously, it's like you have a magic eight ball filled with talking points. You simply shake the ball and type whatever it says.

Location hidden

#190247 Apr 27, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because if marriage is a "right" it cannot be "illegal"

Do you have a problem understanding the concept?
-It seems you do.
Gs will

Covina, CA

#190248 Apr 27, 2013
It's GOD's will, so let the Muslim's kill one another and blow themselves up in their own country.

Export them back to their own country.

The first bombing Saturday was in a residential area and the second in Karachiís largest slum, Lyari.

Pakistan holds national elections May 11, 2013.
Rock hudson

Wooster, OH

#190249 Apr 27, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Ranks right up there with the fundies who think that you can pray away being gay.
So...you DID try?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr L Morales 71,257
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1

Freeze Warning for Monterey County was issued at December 27 at 2:57AM PST

Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info