Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,930

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189890 Apr 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact of the matter is, the dying churches are the liberal 'open and affirming' denominations.
By 'political', you must mean selling their soul to support the desecration of marriage and family
Smile.
Gays don't force straight people to desecrate families by having 40,000,000 abortions each year.

Gays don't force straight people to spend more on a wedding ceremony, very often going into debt, than they do on a good, midsize sedan.

Gays don't force straight people to divorce at a rate unseen in human history.

You guys seem to think we're the cause of your marriage and family woes.

Go look in the mirror, you yutz! You're your own worst enemy!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#189891 Apr 23, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
smirking dolt :
the law is central to the cases at hand and to what's been presented in court.
your opinion doesn't play into either the cases nor the law. just because you don't think that same sex couples can make a marriage doesn't negate the fact that they can (and will) obtain marriage licenses.
your opinion doesn't play into anyone else's marriages either.
if you consider the law a mockery, then your're free to leave and find a place of residence where you feel like you're surrounded by like minded people and you agree with the laws regarding marriage. good luck.
Honey, I'm not going anywhere.

I'm going to keep standing up and pointing at ss couples and say, "You are only a sterile duplicated half of marriage, you're not married!"

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#189892 Apr 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, you fail to answer a direct question to you, but want to jump in on another one. I guess the plate get's to hot when you engage directly. Like with ak...
As to your 'answer'...
Where did I ever talk about 'rights'?
You deliberately avoid the point, because you have absolutely no counter. Of course a court can make laws, and establish rights, whether they be valid or not.
What no man can do is change the clear distinction between a redumbant sterile half relationship with marriage.
The attempt is so silly stupid. When all is said and done, all that will be accomplished is a bunch of duplicate gendered couples with a piece of paper. Everyone will wink and say, "Yep, you're married, reminds me EXACTLY of mom and dad."
Snicker smile.
<quoted text>
You silly twit, the law is a mockery when it denies reality.
It is not my 'opinion' that ss couples will only ever be a duplicated sterile half of marriage.
Lady justice is being gang raped by homosexuals.
Sad.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Only you would be so crass and go straight to word "rape".
You belong out there with the picketers for Westboro Baptist Church. They would LOVE your schtick.
You don't know 'straight' in any way shape or form.

If you went 'straight', you'd have to go to the crass manipulation of the legal system at the expense of marriage and children. The fact of the matter is, it is a perfect description of what is happening.

Smirk.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#189893 Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Ad Hominem attempts a poor taste joke, it fails being that Miss Ad Hominem is in poor taste himself.
So lets see. Lets sum up X-Box schtick so far today.
We should allow same sex marriage because Mr Hudson is stupid.
We should allow same sex marriage because Frankie is drug addled.
We should allow same sex marriage because Frankie is stupid.
We should...
Oh hell, you get the drift.
Those are all great reasons, but, you forgot the most important one. Gay Marriage should be legal because we deserve equal rights and we’re Americans. By the way, who is the “we” you are referring to? Could it be the arrogant elitist ignorant haters? When are “we”(being you and all your hater friends) going to realize you have no say when it comes to people’s rights. That’s why “we”(being you and all your hater friends) are losing the fight to suppress Gay Americans right to marriage. But, thanks for the silly tantrum, you always amuse me.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#189894 Apr 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, apparently a number of people who are a whole lot more knowledgeable about the matter than you or I have decided that it was worth hearing.
Just because someone get's elected, appointed, or is issued a black robe doesn't make them "a whole lot more knowledgeable."

Those in power will always seek more of it if left unchecked, out founders warned of this, and we have failed in our duties. We now have a majority willing to bow to their overlords. we are truly ripe for a dictator.

Take same sex marriage for instance. Here are the homosexuals, they look at the heterosexuals and say, "Hmm, look, they get a piece of paper from the government which states they are "married". Then they get to use that piece of paper to get a bunch of "stuff" from the government." -now- rather than state the obvious- "Hey, I have this little thing here called the Constitution (either state or US), and Mr. Government, I can't find anything in here where it says you have the power to control, regulate, define, or otherwise provide benefits in regards to the personal relationships of your citizens! So, how about you get yourself back in line with your enumerated powers and get the hell out of the personal lives of your citizens."

Nope, instead the homosexual community says: "Hey, Mr. Government, could you please regulate my personal life too?"

And you fools claim you will be more FREE if the government "ALLOWS" you to marry. Enjoy your servitude.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And 14 Supreme Court rulings that identified marriage to be a right of all U.S. citizens seems to be at odds with your beliefs.
Maybe you believe that you know more about law than these people. Is that the case? If so, why didn't you offer your services to the proponents of Proposition 8? Maybe you did. Maybe they didn't want it.
No, I have explained this to you before, perhaps it didn't sink in. The SCOTUS identified the government's power to REGULATE marriage in 14 rulings.

And don't pretend to know what my "beliefs" are, you haven't a clue. Unlike you, I do not argue a position based on my personal wants, desires, or beliefs. I argue them based on the Constitutional principles upon which this Republic was founded.

BTW, I asked you a question that you simply ignored. You have claimed all these mystical powers of the judiciary, and I asked a very simple question. Where are these claimed powers found in Article III of the US Constitution?

Location hidden

#189895 Apr 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact of the matter is, the dying churches are the liberal 'open and affirming' denominations.
By 'political', you must mean selling their soul to support the desecration of marriage and family
Smile.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays don't force straight people to desecrate families by having 40,000,000 abortions each year.
Gays don't force straight people to spend more on a wedding ceremony, very often going into debt, than they do on a good, midsize sedan.
Who said anything about 'gays forcing anything'?

Nor does the reality of those assaults on family and children change the fact that calling a sterile duplicated half marriage would do the same.

Nor does it change the fact that the bleeding churches are the liberal ones selling their souls.

Smirk.

Lewis Center, OH

#189896 Apr 23, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post. I’m sure you won’t get any responses though. They’re much more content to make unfounded generalized statements that marginalize Gay Americans than to face the horrible truth that is their lives.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189897 Apr 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignorant haters sure do have a hard time reading for comprehension. Let me explain it for you, my point is that it doesn’t matter if I am a bigot, a hypocrite or anything else you want to label me to deserve Gay Marriage Equality. Essentially you feel you’re superior to Gay Americans and calling us names is your very lame (and I mean very lame) way of justifying your own hate. Cutting out all of your childish name calling and tantrums; you can’t present one valid reason why Gay Americans don’t deserve Gay Marriage Equality.
The point is I support your right to marry whoever you wish. Other than that you are a whiny little jerk.

And my other point is I support marriage equality and you do not. So climb down off your high horse hypocrite.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189898 Apr 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post. I’m sure you won’t get any responses though. They’re much more content to make unfounded generalized statements that marginalize Gay Americans than to face the horrible truth that is their lives.
Spoken like a true hypocrite. As if you don't try to marginalize people.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189899 Apr 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are a liar. You just don’t have the integrity to admit it.
Think real hard jackass. Why would I lie? What possible motivation would I have to say I support your hateful little whiny ass?

Think hard now jackass! Be sure to get back to me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189901 Apr 23, 2013
Marram and Jizzy have been spotted buying backpacks, pressure cookers and a batteries at Walmart.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189902 Apr 23, 2013
Can anyone imagine what kind of obsessed jackass loser (Jizzy) gets so obsessed with another poster that he (Jizzy) creates dopey troll threads complete with rigged polls?

Anyone?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189903 Apr 23, 2013
I am Jizzy's special project.
FRizzohasntslept for10days

Sacramento, CA

#189904 Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I get a good solid eight hours a night, and I don't do speed, you shouldn't either.
I wouldn't know about the quality of crank in Union City but I'll take your word on it.
Do u post in your sleep? I noticed the other day u had atleast 1 post an hour for about 2 days straight. Proof u r a gay marriage obsessed speed freak.

See u in about 45 seconds.

Sincerely,
Frankie Rizzo hasn't slept for 10 days and counting.

Sacramento, CA

#189905 Apr 23, 2013
Wtf is Rizzo? He must be in a straitjack on suicide watch again, there's no other explanation, since we all know he doesn't sleep. O wait maybe he's making more crank...my fault.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189906 Apr 23, 2013
FRizzohasntsleptfor10days wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u post in your sleep? I noticed the other day u had atleast 1 post an hour for about 2 days straight. Proof u r a gay marriage obsessed speed freak.
See u in about 45 seconds.
Sincerely,
Frankie Rizzo hasn't slept for 10 days and counting.
Can anyone imagine what kind of jackass loser would count and time some other jackass's posts and think that's real slick and witty?

C'mon dummy, get some schtick.

Sacramento, CA

#189907 Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone imagine what kind of jackass loser would count and time some other jackass's posts and think that's real slick and witty?
There u r I was getting worried something happened to u. Guess it doesn't take very long to cook up a batch these days does it?

But anyways what's up bro how's your day going?

Sacramento, CA

#189908 Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in all fairness, I was almost dead on.

See u in about 1 minute, 12 seconds.

Come on Rizzo, make me a winner!!

Lewis Center, OH

#189909 Apr 23, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Marram and Jizzy have been spotted buying backpacks, pressure cookers and a batteries at Walmart.
Why would you say such a thing? It’s not the least bit funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189910 Apr 23, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you say such a thing? It’s not the least bit funny.
I know.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 1 hr Janis 2,262
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr just a post 5,064
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr JOEL 69,320
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sat OP ed again 15,987
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Sep 10 refer13 1,513
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••