Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
165,641 - 165,660 of 200,667 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
HookUps

Covina, CA

#189735 Apr 22, 2013
You heard it hear first Lake a water board director is trying to sneak in a hearing to give Baldwin Park city a free 165,000.00 dollar hookup charge for the transit center. Then she wants the water department to not charge the city for standby charges monthly.
I want to remind Lake it is election year and Lozano and Garcia can not vote you in and when the water companies customers find out your doing buddy deals with the bankrupt city you are gone. Last year you raised rates because the water department needed money and now you want to give the money away!!!!!!
We are watching you Lake and anyone else who wants to vote yes on giving away free money. The transit center does not bring in any new water customers so you can't justify the costs. Lake if you value your job which we know is your only one you can get you better drop this matter or the voters will do there talking at the polls this year.

BP water customer

I will be watching who votes for the free money to the city and I know Lake, Pacheco, Macais, and Woods are all up for election this year. This will be a big factor on who gets elected In November 2013.
I am warning Lake and whoever else abstains and doesn't vote is as good as voting yes so make sure you vote because it will make a difference when elections come.

Once again the crooked sgvCOG is busy giving away money that doesn't belong tot hem, what do you say Nick Conway.

But instead to pay off another coked politician.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#189736 Apr 22, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah....hence the continued wishes of good luck to them. and they are sincere and ernest wishes on my part.
probably not so much from them.
It always makes me laugh, just how afraid of you they are.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#189737 Apr 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
odd isn't it?

we're all just internet strangers, afterall. anyone that's influenced emotionally by what they read here, well, i sort of feel sorry for. that just means you're letting someone else control you and your emotions.

have a good day, big d.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189738 Apr 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK! Too Funny!

HAR!HAR!HAR! So Funny!

It always makes Big D laugh when someone is very afraid of "heart and mind".

Nice!
F Rizzohasntsleptf or9days

Sacramento, CA

#189739 Apr 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK! Too Funny!
HAR!HAR!HAR! So Funny!
It always makes Big D laugh when someone is very afraid of "heart and mind".
Nice!
24/7 this dude is on here posting about gay marriage. You must know all the spots to get the best meth in Union City. You're a total tweaker, when was the last time u got some sleep? All night, all day your whole life is this thread. Maybe if u had a friend, or a gf or a life u could take a break from posting every 15 mins. Your mom must be so proud.
KiMaresLifeLOL

Sacramento, CA

#189740 Apr 22, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
odd isn't it?
we're all just internet strangers, afterall. anyone that's influenced emotionally by what they read here, well, i sort of feel sorry for. that just means you're letting someone else control you and your emotions.
have a good day, big d.
So what r u trying to say?? That it must really suck to be KiMare??
LOL repeater

Covina, CA

#189741 Apr 22, 2013
Ya only sound like a spoon rattling around in a tin can.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189742 Apr 22, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
odd isn't it?
have a good day, big d.
You make Big D very emotional! But don't feel sorry for him. He says when you make people afraid of you he laughs!

Awright then, you have a good day too you silly jackass!
KiMaresLifeLOL

Sacramento, CA

#189743 Apr 22, 2013
LOL repeater wrote:
Ya only sound like a spoon rattling around in a tin can.
"Ya only sound like a spoon rattling around in a tin can" Did u read your own post? "Ya only sound like....." How old r u like 6? Can I get this translated to English please?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189744 Apr 22, 2013
F Rizzohasntsleptfor9days wrote:
<quoted text>
24/7 this dude is on here posting about gay marriage. You must know all the spots to get the best meth in Union City. You're a total tweaker, when was the last time u got some sleep? All night, all day your whole life is this thread. Maybe if u had a friend, or a gf or a life u could take a break from posting every 15 mins. Your mom must be so proud.
Will you be my friend, Jackass?

Awright then tough guy! Let me know.

We could be friends! With a friend like me, you won't be such a loser, posting on the internet calling other posters losers!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189746 Apr 22, 2013
KiMaresLifeLOL wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ya only sound like a spoon rattling around in a tin can" Did u read your own post? "Ya only sound like....." How old r u like 6? Can I get this translated to English please?
What's "r u"? What's "u". What's "ya"? Can I get that translated into adult please?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#189747 Apr 22, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
again, thanks for the chuckle, bi, i mean ki.
you clearly have your own perception of reality - and you can go ahead and live in your own little world. fine and dandy.
however, the issues surround legalities, not your frayed thoughts. the arguments have been presented in court, without your "help" and so far, your side has failed in it's attempt to defend a legal bias against same sex marriage and homosexuality. the excuses for your side are dwindling, just as support for your side is dwindling.
good luck bi, i mean ki. you'll be needing it in the coming months.
You are a silly girl.

Do you really think a court can make a duplicated sterile half equate to the union of a man and woman that produce human fruit?

When all is said and done, that vast distinction will still be obvious. No matter what you call it, every time you see a ss couple and a hetero couple, that is exactly what you will know.

I think you will need the 'luck' in the coming months, the slap of reality is bitch.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#189748 Apr 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is indeed the difference, you arenít asking to take away anything from me, or them, but they sure want to take away something from you.
Are we done holding hands?

Snicker.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#189749 Apr 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Their data was not skewed by the findings of another group of researchers.
They suggested that there "may be" another explanation for their findings.
No, they flat out say there is another explanation and it should be researched further.

I guess you do have trouble with the English Language.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
And finally, I stand by "disproven". It's not like I made up the word. Maybe you haven't heard of "Google". You try looking up the word there.
Google? Seriously?

Perhaps you have heard of Webster or Oxford? Neither if which contain the term "Disproven".

That would also be the reason why you get that little red line under the word, because it is at best- slang.

You should ask for a refund for your tuition, that is if you actually paid for your degree and you aren't just another "internet genius."

Google, what a laugh... You are like that commercial- They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true..

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#189750 Apr 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Reported! Bullying! Whining! Tantrum!
You are a hater. You wish to deny marriage equality to people you don't like.
I support marriage equality, you do not.
So what, whether Iím a hater or a hypocrite it doesnít matter, I still deserve Gay Marriage rights. And I donít have to care about others rights in order to deserve them. Thanks for the tantrum though, you never disappoint with your silly retorts.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

#189751 Apr 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I almost feel sorry for them...... almost.
I donít. All the haters like he/she/it are willfully and arrogantly ignorant.

Location hidden

#189752 Apr 22, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
So what, whether Iím a hater or a hypocrite it doesnít matter, I still deserve Gay Marriage rights. And I donít have to care about others rights in order to deserve them. Thanks for the tantrum though, you never disappoint with your silly retorts.
Gay marriage? You mean a redumbant sterile half of marriage?

You don't deserve marriage rights because you don't equate.

It really is very simple.

Smile.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189753 Apr 22, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the cute little hissy fit. You never disappoint.

You are a hypocrite, no better than those against same sex marriage. Worse actually.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189754 Apr 22, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít. All the haters like he/she/it are willfully and arrogantly ignorant.
That's very true. Witness yourself.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#189755 Apr 22, 2013
Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is not a "right"- just like driving it is a PRIVILEGE.

If you require the permission of the government to do something it is not a "right".

I have the "RIGHT" to free speech, I do not need a government endorsement to speak freely.

Understand the difference?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,109
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 4 hr papersup 15,974
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 14 hr memo maddnes 5,020
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info