Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
165,581 - 165,600 of 200,331 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's you gaydar say about me fruity tooty? Am I gay like you?
I'm not trying to throw shade, but to tell you the truth, I don't read the vast majority of your posts. You're kind of like Rock Hudson in that you guys go on and on; saying the same old stuff. You guys just don't have any original material.

All I know is that the only queens I knew who lived down in the Union City/Fremont area were those guys who had paired up with a partner and wanted a house, but couldn't afford one in the city.

They wanted to be close enough to San Francisco to still bask in its glow.

But you do live close enough that you could go into SF, get your "gay fix" and leave without getting clocked.

So, as to whether you're gay or bisexual; I don't know. I don't spend much time thinking about it. THAT'S an issue that you need to work out yourself.

I, personally, couldn't imagine living that far south of the city. I worked at Washington Hospital for a few years. It was a nice enough place, but the commute was hell. I spent hours on 880 or 101 depending on the traffic report. Sometimes I took BART, but I hated taking MUNI to BART, so I usually just drove.

Plus, it's just too damn hot in the summer down there. Give me that cold, mysterious San Francisco fog any day of the week.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to throw shade, but to tell you the truth, I don't read the vast majority of your posts. You're kind of like Rock Hudson in that you guys go on and on; saying the same old stuff. You guys just don't have any original material.
All I know is that the only queens I knew who lived down in the Union City/Fremont area were those guys who had paired up with a partner and wanted a house, but couldn't afford one in the city.
They wanted to be close enough to San Francisco to still bask in its glow.
But you do live close enough that you could go into SF, get your "gay fix" and leave without getting clocked.
So, as to whether you're gay or bisexual; I don't know. I don't spend much time thinking about it. THAT'S an issue that you need to work out yourself.
I, personally, couldn't imagine living that far south of the city. I worked at Washington Hospital for a few years. It was a nice enough place, but the commute was hell. I spent hours on 880 or 101 depending on the traffic report. Sometimes I took BART, but I hated taking MUNI to BART, so I usually just drove.
Plus, it's just too damn hot in the summer down there. Give me that cold, mysterious San Francisco fog any day of the week.
It's never hot here on the bay. You're so silly anyway, how would that make me wrong. Your like Jizzy quibbling over how long I worked. And what years etc. Who cares!

The climate here is the same as across the bay in Redwood City. And Redwood City's motto is "Climate Best By Government Test". They have a big arch as you enter town with that on it.

Before WWI, US and German governments set out to scientifically find the best climate in the world. Their finding? Redwood City, CA.
Union City and Redwood City's climate is better than San Francisco's 25 miles north. Much better! Some say perfect. And US and German climatologists say it too.

So that proves I'm right! Go home now.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's never hot here on the bay. You're so silly anyway, how would that make me wrong. Your like Jizzy quibbling over how long I worked. And what years etc. Who cares!
The climate here is the same as across the bay in Redwood City. And Redwood City's motto is "Climate Best By Government Test". They have a big arch as you enter town with that on it.
Before WWI, US and German governments set out to scientifically find the best climate in the world. Their finding? Redwood City, CA.
Union City and Redwood City's climate is better than San Francisco's 25 miles north. Much better! Some say perfect. And US and German climatologists say it too.
So that proves I'm right! Go home now.
Houses in San Francisco do not need air conditioning. Houses in Union City need air conditioning.

I don't like the weather when it gets above 65 degrees. To me, that's too hot. And if it gets in the 90s--forget about it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Houses in San Francisco do not need air conditioning. Houses in Union City need air conditioning.
I don't like the weather when it gets above 65 degrees. To me, that's too hot. And if it gets in the 90s--forget about it.
Houses in Union City do not need air conditioning. Especially here right on the bay. But this is silly! You're in Broke Dick Holler Tennessee trying to tell me my climate sucks?

I hate the East Coast humidity. I live in New York half the year. I love NY but hate the climate.

Had a good buddy in Vietnam and after, a brave gay man. Hailed from Nashville. Musician. We kept in touch. Died recently. I'll miss him.

This in no way means I like you fruitcake! Or would miss your whiny ass!

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What you always forget when you get all silly-mad like this is a few things:
1. No one gives a sh!t except you if my story is true. Suppose it isn't? Whatcha gonna do then dummy?
2. You are an even bigger jackass troll than I, except you're stupid!
3. Let's say you catch me in a lie about my irrelevant to the topic life. Whatcha gonna do then jackass?
4. If you do get some dirt on me, so what? How does that prove you are not a hypocrite liar?
5. You mad swizzlestick?
6. YUK!YUK!YUK!
7. I support marriage equality, you do not.
Hope that helps tough guy.
Wow, you sure did tell him. From your response I’d say he hit the nail on the head. In other words he biotch slapped your lying hypocrite a--. And your response is to scream insults at him, wow, what a stand up guy you are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you sure did tell him. From your response I’d say he hit the nail on the head. In other words he biotch slapped your lying hypocrite a--. And your response is to scream insults at him, wow, what a stand up guy you are.
Relax. Danth's Law.

The psycho jackass stalks me. Makes derogatory threads about me. His only purpose here is his obsession with me.

Nice that you are concerned about my well being though Fruitcake!
Backatcha.

I support marriage equality. You do not. Who's the hypocrite?

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Houses in Union City do not need air conditioning. Especially here right on the bay. But this is silly! You're in Broke Dick Holler Tennessee trying to tell me my climate sucks?
I hate the East Coast humidity. I live in New York half the year. I love NY but hate the climate.
Had a good buddy in Vietnam and after, a brave gay man. Hailed from Nashville. Musician. We kept in touch. Died recently. I'll miss him.
This in no way means I like you fruitcake! Or would miss your whiny ass!
I'll tell you the God's honest truth--and I'm being 100% honest with you. I wouldn't live in Union City if you paid for my house. I had the opportunity to move to any city just outside of San Francisco and made the conscious decision to come back to TN.

I traveled all over California when I lived on the West Coast--even lived in Seattle for a year--and there's no other city out there that's worth a damn other than San Francisco.

About all that Union City is good for is growing salt at the ass-end of the bay.

Enjoy yourself as you straddle the Hayward fault. When it rolls, I hope, for your sake, you're somewhere else.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Let's welcome New Zealand to the list of countries that now recognize same-sex marriage!

Argentina
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Iceland
Netherlands
NEW ZEALAND!!!
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
CrazyKoch

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Koch Industries is exploring a bid to buy the Tribune Co.’s
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you the God's honest truth--and I'm being 100% honest with you. I wouldn't live in Union City if you paid for my house. I had the opportunity to move to any city just outside of San Francisco and made the conscious decision to come back to TN.
I traveled all over California when I lived on the West Coast--even lived in Seattle for a year--and there's no other city out there that's worth a damn other than San Francisco.
About all that Union City is good for is growing salt at the ass-end of the bay.
Enjoy yourself as you straddle the Hayward fault. When it rolls, I hope, for your sake, you're somewhere else.
I am painfully aware of the Hayward fault, having been an earthquake scientist for many years. I have instrumented it, I have written papers on it.

I live in Union City to be near my Filipino family. I married a Filipina, our son married a Filipina and we have Filipino grandchildren. Nothing wrong with Union City or it's fine Filipino citizens. Your redneck ville should be so lucky.

You run down my town from some dump in Tennessee! Too funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Maybe Rose_NoHo will stop by and awe Marram with an "intelligent and insightful" post!

Maybe a real gem of intelligence and insight such as "Do you think you should have been aborted, monster?"

Or the old standby "I hate you!" or "You are worthy of hate".

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
Let's welcome New Zealand to the list of countries that now recognize same-sex marriage!
Argentina
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Iceland
Netherlands
NEW ZEALAND!!!
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Ss marriage is only ever a imposter sterile duplicated half of marriage.

But hey, you go right ahead and celebrate by putting on your queen costume. I'm sure it will fit right in there...

Smirk.

Since: Jan 10

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax. Danth's Law.
The psycho jackass stalks me. Makes derogatory threads about me. His only purpose here is his obsession with me.
Nice that you are concerned about my well being though Fruitcake!
Backatcha.
I support marriage equality. You do not. Who's the hypocrite?
You rarely participate in a discussion, you’re too busy verbally Gay bashing Gay Americans. I’ve told you this before I support marriage rights for Gay Americans and no others (btw, I don’t have to). If you want marriage rights for those who don’t currently have it then go fight for it. But, if you think you can suck off the teat of Gay Americans your mistaken. You do realize it’s haters like you that backed Gay Americans in to a corner. We got organized, we got funded, we’re smarter and we’re fighting back. The problem with “mouth pieces” like you is that all you do is run your mouth. You’re not fooling anyone with your hollow support of all forms of marriage. So continue to pat yourself on the back for your childish quips and Gay Americans will continue to fight for and get marriage rights before all is said and done.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am painfully aware of the Hayward fault, having been an earthquake scientist for many years. I have instrumented it, I have written papers on it.
I live in Union City to be near my Filipino family. I married a Filipina, our son married a Filipina and we have Filipino grandchildren. Nothing wrong with Union City or it's fine Filipino citizens. Your redneck ville should be so lucky.
You run down my town from some dump in Tennessee! Too funny.
HEY HEY HEY! I grew up in TN. Don't knock it. Lots of beautiful country. Hills, mountains, rivers, lakes, and caves. I spent many a happy hours (not bar happy hours) running about in the woods, exploring caves, hiking in the Fall Creek Falls area, riding dirt bikes around J Percy Priest Reservoir (running from Army Corp of Engineers cops) among other things.

You guys have to contend with quakes, & we had twisters. Now I live on the east coast a few miles from the Atlantic Ocean and have to deal with hurricanes and northeasters (nor'easters for the lazy of tongue). Quite frankly, there ain't no place to hide from mother nature. Shook, stirred, blown away or fed to the waves, take yer pick. I would have to say I'd be thinking of living in a teepee if I were near a fault line. Not much to knock down so not much to put back up. And I ain't allergic to sleeping on the ground & bathing in cold mountain streams.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
You rarely participate in a discussion, you’re too busy verbally Gay bashing Gay Americans. I’ve told you this before I support marriage rights for Gay Americans and no others (btw, I don’t have to). If you want marriage rights for those who don’t currently have it then go fight for it. But, if you think you can suck off the teat of Gay Americans your mistaken. You do realize it’s haters like you that backed Gay Americans in to a corner. We got organized, we got funded, we’re smarter and we’re fighting back. The problem with “mouth pieces” like you is that all you do is run your mouth. You’re not fooling anyone with your hollow support of all forms of marriage. So continue to pat yourself on the back for your childish quips and Gay Americans will continue to fight for and get marriage rights before all is said and done.
Right. I support marriage equality and you do not.

You are a bigot and a hypocrite. So pat yourself on the back.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

sheesh void of hate wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY HEY HEY! I grew up in TN. Don't knock it. Lots of beautiful country. Hills, mountains, rivers, lakes, and caves. I spent many a happy hours (not bar happy hours) running about in the woods, exploring caves, hiking in the Fall Creek Falls area, riding dirt bikes around J Percy Priest Reservoir (running from Army Corp of Engineers cops) among other things.
You guys have to contend with quakes, & we had twisters. Now I live on the east coast a few miles from the Atlantic Ocean and have to deal with hurricanes and northeasters (nor'easters for the lazy of tongue). Quite frankly, there ain't no place to hide from mother nature. Shook, stirred, blown away or fed to the waves, take yer pick. I would have to say I'd be thinking of living in a teepee if I were near a fault line. Not much to knock down so not much to put back up. And I ain't allergic to sleeping on the ground & bathing in cold mountain streams.
I know. It's beautiful. Spent a year in Tennessee. Had a good friend who lived in Nashville.

I just said it sucks because that jackass VV clown lives there. And he says my town sucks.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

I am being cyber bullied on this thread by Marram, VV, Jizzy and Rose_NoHo.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Marram wrote:
<quoted text>
What possible harm would a marriage of three consenting adult men cause you? I support those three guys right to equality and a shot at happiness. You do not. I rest my case fruitcake. You are a hater.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
I am being cyber bullied on this thread by Marram, VV, Jizzy and Rose_NoHo.
Bullied?!? OH NO!!

Well that does it! I'm going to Walgreen's right now and buy you a sympathy card!

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What possible harm would a marriage of three consenting adult men cause you? I support those three guys right to equality and a shot at happiness. You do not. I rest my case fruitcake. You are a hater.
Lolo, the term "fruitcake" went out with Archie Bunker. Update your lexicon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 min Acme Pest Control 15,916
Monterey: Aircraft carrier USS Nimitz expected ... 7 min Margaret Smth 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Abrahem 7,841
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr SamBee 68,375
American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel 14 hr Elders of Zion 26
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Ronald 2,251
Seaside In-N-Out should be ready by summer '15 Jul 22 fed up 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE