Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,360

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Lonnie

Los Angeles, CA

#189562 Apr 20, 2013
FredEthelMertz wrote:
<quoted text>
You stop that right now young man! Such language. We will not tolerate it! Now you stop saying such nasty things about that nice Mr. Rizzo.
Rizzo got a good gape on him. Got that way using big church altar candles on hisself.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#189563 Apr 20, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
How would marriage law be "re-written" for everyone by removing unconstitutional laws created relatively recently to harm gay Americans?
Do you really think that everyone will be forced to marry someone of the same gender? I promise you that this is not the case.
Gay people are too caring and polite to want to come into your home and create laws to harm your family.
It's simple courtesy. If something can't harm YOU, don't create laws banning it that harm others.
Let me get this straight.

Marriage laws were 'rewritten' to harm gays?

Marriage is distinct from a duplicate sterile relationship. You can't even equate marriage to gays!

Smile.
SEYMOUR DUCK

Los Angeles, CA

#189564 Apr 20, 2013
KI Mare got it right. Ride on... V v. Whats wrong with Birds today. Read our LORD Instruction. Its your owners manual. Keep QuAcKiN. &#9825;

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#189565 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie...
I have a bachelor's degree in Sociology. I have a master's degree in Social Work.
Since 1984 I have been exposed to scholarly studies that look at many aspects of social behavior and mental health. I've written papers on them, discussed them with friends and colleagues, and basically been elbow deep in evaluating the methods used by other social scientists to draw conclusions re: any number of topics.
I am not biased when it comes to looking at data from an experiment. However, I won't blindly accept the conclusions drawn from a study until I've seen and reviewed the data and look at the many facets that are involved in doing a study.
Read the following piece from Salt Lake City's "Desert News"...
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765581831/...
Kimare has taken one of the studies discussed in this article and ran with it. He claims it as fact; just it like he uses his ridiculous "epi-marker/genetics mistake" theory.
He's no scientist. He is a preacher with an education in ministry.
He doesn't let the "facts" get in his way.
The bottom line concerning the outcomes of children is as follows: A child who is raised in a stable, loving, supportive, resourceful environment is going to do better than one who is not.
And there will always be those kids who have issues that are not related to the family's makeup. Take, for example, that kid who killed all of those children in Newtown Conn. He came from a household with support, resources, encouragement, etc. But he also had a mental disorder that resulted in tragic outcomes.
Finally, it is insincere to claim that a child of an intact, heterosexual, biological family will always do better than a child of an intact, same-sex family.
There just isn't conclusive evidence to say that this is factual.
Don't be fooled by Kimare.
He pulls studies out of his behind and makes them say exactly what he wants them to say.
I don't do that. If I've referenced a study here, it's because I've read it entirely and believe that it is sound.
I love this.

Okay, give us one study that equates lesbian couple parenting with natural parents. Include the study methods and peer reviews.

After all, we've been told there are 'countless' studies.

Then explain why adoptive, step, foster and single hetero parents rate below natural parents, but lesbian parents rate better than natural parents.

Snicker.
FredEthelMertz

Schenectady, NY

#189566 Apr 20, 2013
Lonnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Rizzo got a good gape on him. Got that way using big church altar candles on hisself.
"hisself"?
SEYMOUR DUCK

Los Angeles, CA

#189567 Apr 20, 2013
If. You build it,They bee ah, FLOCKING
SEYMOORE DUCK

Los Angeles, CA

#189569 Apr 20, 2013
Get outta the pool and Drain it so we can SK8. QUACK... v V
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189571 Apr 20, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.. you're not gay. Keep repeating that. Who are you trying to convince? You seek out gay men to abuse and that's supposed to convince everyone that you are straight?
Sooo......I guess that you feel that you have cornered me, with that razor sharp logic? Your intellect is truly........baffling.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189572 Apr 20, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen your response played out here going way back, if a straight person is on here questioning a gay person, then it plays out that they must be seeking out a gay person and desire to be gay....How childish.
Isn't that about as weak as it can get?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189573 Apr 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So how's this work in Jizzy La La land? If pedophilia disgusts you you are a pedophile?
What a dope!
They'll grasp at anything...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189574 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie...
I have a bachelor's degree in Sociology. I have a master's degree in Social Work.
Since 1984 I have been exposed to scholarly studies that look at many aspects of social behavior and mental health. I've written papers on them, discussed them with friends and colleagues, and basically been elbow deep in evaluating the methods used by other social scientists to draw conclusions re: any number of topics.
I am not biased when it comes to looking at data from an experiment. However, I won't blindly accept the conclusions drawn from a study until I've seen and reviewed the data and look at the many facets that are involved in doing a study.
Read the following piece from Salt Lake City's "Desert News"...
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765581831/...
Kimare has taken one of the studies discussed in this article and ran with it. He claims it as fact; just it like he uses his ridiculous "epi-marker/genetics mistake" theory.
He's no scientist. He is a preacher with an education in ministry.
He doesn't let the "facts" get in his way.
The bottom line concerning the outcomes of children is as follows: A child who is raised in a stable, loving, supportive, resourceful environment is going to do better than one who is not.
And there will always be those kids who have issues that are not related to the family's makeup. Take, for example, that kid who killed all of those children in Newtown Conn. He came from a household with support, resources, encouragement, etc. But he also had a mental disorder that resulted in tragic outcomes.
Finally, it is insincere to claim that a child of an intact, heterosexual, biological family will always do better than a child of an intact, same-sex family.
There just isn't conclusive evidence to say that this is factual.
Don't be fooled by Kimare.
He pulls studies out of his behind and makes them say exactly what he wants them to say.
I don't do that. If I've referenced a study here, it's because I've read it entirely and believe that it is sound.
"Intact" and "same-sex" are mutually exclusive, when used in this context.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189575 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't make a conclusion about pedophiles based on the study I referenced. The study focused on "homophobic men" (for lack of a better term)--not pedophiles.
If what you're saying is true, you must also be a pedophile because I'm assuming that you don't openly support pedophilia either.
Yes, I agree that the entire exercise is ridiculous. Including accusing heterosexual men of being gay. Especially that part. Using that bogus premise opens the door for ridiculous statements, no?

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#189576 Apr 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aJx-uGRsiNUXX
That one's not wired right...

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189577 Apr 20, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree that the entire exercise is ridiculous. Including accusing heterosexual men of being gay. Especially that part. Using that bogus premise opens the door for ridiculous statements, no?
Did you read the study? Here is the abstract...

The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.

----------

I'm sure a few of us would be more than happy to chip in and buy you a penile circumference device and some gay erotica so that you could run it up your flagpole and see if you salute.
Tilted

Covina, CA

#189578 Apr 20, 2013
That O. County crook called Michael Carona continues to collect more than $218,000 a year in pension payments, even though he is serving time in prison.

They should have thrown the book at him, let him rot in prison and take all his pension money as a white collar crime fine.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#189579 Apr 20, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the study? Here is the abstract...
The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.
----------
I'm sure a few of us would be more than happy to chip in and buy you a penile circumference device and some gay erotica so that you could run it up your flagpole and see if you salute.
Once again, a 'professional' social worker is asserting that those who disagree with ss couples being called married is secretly a closet gay.

Meanwhile, while posting a study of college boys asserting their masculinity, you still avoid answering my questions about parenting studies.

Clearly a bigoted contradiction...

Smile.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tilted

Covina, CA

#189580 Apr 20, 2013
That Orange County crook called Michael Carona continues to collect more than $218,000 a year in pension payments, even though he is serving time in prison.

They should have thrown the book at him, let him rot in prison and take all his pension money as a white collar crime fine.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#189581 Apr 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, a 'professional' social worker is asserting that those who disagree with ss couples being called married is secretly a closet gay.
Meanwhile, while posting a study of college boys asserting their masculinity, you still avoid answering my questions about parenting studies.
Clearly a bigoted contradiction...
Smile.
I didn't assert it; the authors of the study did. I just happen to agree.

I've answered your parenting studies question. Shall I tell you again? Here it is. Don't forget it this time.

The best parents for children are ones who are responsible, supportive, loving, disciplined, resourceful, etc... Sometimes they're heterosexual, sometimes they're homosexual. Sometimes they're married, sometimes they're single, sometimes they're unmarried, sometimes they're divorced.

You cannot say with 100% certainty that all heterosexual couples make good parents. They just don't. And not all homosexual couples make good parents.

It is the SKILL of the parents, not the sexuality, that makes all the difference.
Anonymous

United States

#189583 Apr 20, 2013
Everybodys still going at it huh? Geesh.....
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#189584 Apr 20, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>So lets recap, your did two tours in Nam, 4 years total, 1967-1971 then 43 years for the USGS, when was it that you went to school to get your Masters?
Something is wrong with the math, unless of course you had your masters before you where in the Navy as an enlisted man. You know Frankie, all the people that I knew in the service that had a Bachelor's degree, where officers. Yet you had a masters??? I gots to call BULL SHIT.
Oh snap! Typo. 34 years not 44. Sorry.

You got the Navy service right. Then 4 years for my bachelors,(used the GI bill, wasn't a slouch loser stoner like you) then started at USGS as a technician where they paid for me to get my masters! Gave me a pay check plus a government vehicle to go to school during my working hours! Cool beans right!? That's because I'm smart, not a dummy such as yourself.

I was a good geologist. Had my heart in it. My passion. Earned every penny. And my retirement checks. They got a good deal. I got a good deal. You know, like your garbageman job.

Relax fruitcake! Even if I was a liar such as yourself, how does that prove you are not a hypocrite? I say you are. Or else why so angry with me?

TLFN! I'll PM you!

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 25 END TIMES UPDATE 71,552
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Feb 23 Joe Balls 1,528
Beware of Monterey Audi. Feb 4 Dave 1
Multiple suspects in custody for Seaside shootings Jan '15 Anonymous 1
Peninsula high school students arrested in 'fig... (Sep '09) Jan '15 trey 108
Other border states shun Arizona's immigration law (May '10) Jan '15 colton case 9,053
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec '14 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:53 pm PST