Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
164,561 - 164,580 of 200,590 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188495 Apr 13, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you enjoy sodomy
Seriously, Jizzy. Are you special?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
softracing

Mesa, AZ

#188497 Apr 13, 2013
Really! Move on.One, Is it is Sick, Sick, Sick. Two, Its now BORING.Three, Is like someone else said, GET A LIFE! My last post aswell on this subject, PLEASE Do #3 Thank you. Lates...

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188498 Apr 13, 2013
Francis Albert Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax, Fruitloops.
That was great Frankie! Fun-nee stuff. Salud!
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188499 Apr 13, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That was great Frankie! Fun-nee stuff. Salud!
I was banned again. Banished. Disappeared, like in some cheesy third world gay banana republic.

I suspect I'll be banished again soon into the topix political prisoner gulag...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Anonymous

East Hartford, CT

#188503 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Relax, Fruitloops.
He does have a good point! You guys are relentless, you all go at this none stop all day and all night. The only reason I'm here is because the weather has been crappy and I don't have anything better to do at the moment. But seriously how many times can you guys repeat yourselves over and over again on how you feel about the topic? And lose sleep on it at that! I think you all have said what you needed to say, maybe now you should go out and live your lives, no matter what is done or said there are people who will always be against ssm and there is nothing you can do to change their minds if they are set on it, even then you shouldn't care, and vice versa, there is nothing that can be said to prove to a gay man that his life is wrong. Give it a rest people!
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188509 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I was banned again. Banished. Disappeared, like in some cheesy third world gay banana republic.
I suspect I'll be banished again soon into the topix political prisoner gulag...
Me, too. Disappeared in the night, like the Stasi rolled up on me.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188510 Apr 13, 2013
Used all the old tricks, like removal of "Tetley's" tea, and replacing it with "Liptons"...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188511 Apr 13, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up yourself. You've got a computer.
I expected you to dodge that. I didn't make any baseless, and irrelevant, claims, you did. Care to quote the statistics of SSSB crowd abortions next?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188512 Apr 13, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>You are married, correct to a woman?
Yes, please, go on?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188513 Apr 13, 2013
Your life freakin SUCKS wrote:
What's up w all the losers on here that aren't gay, yet obsessed w talking about this...Are u so obsessed w gay marriage, that u have to post on here every single day, 7 days a week, 30-31 days a month (28-29 in February) and 365 days a year?? Is it that important to u LOL?? Seriously anybody that concerned about going back and forth day after day after day on and on and on, etc., etc.has got some serious and probably unsolveable issues. These are the kind of people who are one bad day away from hanging themselves in their mom's basement. Why are u soooooo concerned about someone ELSE'S life?? Could it be because yours is miserable and depressing?? The answer is obviously yes....your life sucks so u don't want anyone else's to be bettert than yours. U figure as long as gays can't marry u might actually have something going for yourself, atleast u have the option....hey all of a sudden life's looking just a tad bit better isn't it? U have something they don't....maybe your life isn't as shitty as u thought it was after all....who r u kidding...of course it is!! Grow up, start worrying about yourself, and get a life....WOW.
BTW I'm not gay, but let gays do whatever they want, it's not gonna affect my life.
So....you disapprove of how we spend our time?
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188514 Apr 13, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet u took time in your life to post all that....your life must suck too.
Yes, our disapproval has garnered us his disapproval.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188515 Apr 13, 2013
What's up w all the losers on here that aren't gay, yet obsessed w talking about this...Are u so obsessed w gay marriage, that u have to post on here every single day, 7 days a week, 30-31 days a month (28-29 in February) and 365 days a year?? Is it that important to u LOL?? Seriously anybody that concerned about going back and forth day after day after day on and on and on, etc., etc.has got some serious and probably unsolveable issues. These are the kind of people who are one bad day away from hanging themselves in their mom's basement. Why are u soooooo concerned about someone ELSE'S life?? Could it be because yours is miserable and depressing?? The answer is obviously yes....your life sucks so u don't want anyone else's to be bettert than yours. U figure as long as gays can't marry u might actually have something going for yourself, atleast u have the option....hey all of a sudden life's looking just a tad bit better isn't it? U have something they don't....maybe your life isn't as shitty as u thought it was after all....who r u kidding...of course it is!! Grow up, start worrying about yourself, and get a life....WOW.
BTW I'm not gay, but let gays do whatever they want, it's not gonna affect my life.
Whining like that? Yeah, I'll bet that you aren't gay. I gots some news for ya..........Wait for it..........wait for it..........You're GAY.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188516 Apr 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Unlike u this will be my last post. Said what I had to say, and now I'm moving on. U, however will be here every single day, without fail. Like I said, you're OBSESSED with gay marriage
Bye, now. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way ou....Aw, hell. I don't care if it hits you, or not.
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188517 Apr 13, 2013
softracing wrote:
Hey that Frankie guys comment,Is spot on.
As usual...
Rock Hudson

Wooster, OH

#188518 Apr 13, 2013
Hey, Frank, we're still tied. At 6 apiece...
:-D

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#188519 Apr 13, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not "after" anything, but simply pointing out hetero and homo, are not the only "sexualities".
That would make you after pointing out the obvious. In the future please include all “sexualities” except hetero in any comment where I mention homosexuals. At least the ones that don’t have victims.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Are you not aware of the legal concept with in marriage law, known as the presumption of paternity? Apparently not.
http://singleparents.about.com/od/glossary/g/...
In many states, whenever a child is born to a married couple, the husband is automatically presumed to be the father. This is know as the "presumption of paternity."
Some states even take the presumption of paternity one step further by not allowing a man to disprove biological paternity through DNA. As a result, some men are forced to pay child support for children they have not biologically fathered.
I asked you why you took this left turn off the highway and onto a dirt road and your response was to drive off further into the woods. Thanks!
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad it didn't pick a smarter husband for your wife. If you actually comprehended what I wrote, you would understand the state places restrictions on the "partner of one's choosing". It states who you can, and cannot, legally marry.
Actually, if you could word your replies a wee bit better things would be easier. You claim the state states who I can marry. Does that mean they get the specifics, like it must be Betty, the woman two doors down? Wait wait, don’t answer. First tell me which state. Then, is it Billy or Billie that I have to marry?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>"According to the state, that "partner of one's choosing" is still dicated by the state, legally that is. The state determines from what categories, one may choose, or not choose. A man may wish his brother to be his "partner of one's choosing", but the state's says "no bennies for you"! If its okay for opposite sex first cousins to marry, but not siblings because of the possibilty of sexual reproduction, why would such a prohibition be appled to same sex siblings who want to marry, or perhaps just get the bennies?"
Is this more wandering down the toilet that is your mind?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>As long as it conforms to how they define marriage. That's it.
Who are “they?” Tennessee? Maryland? The Klan? A group of men all named Fred?
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188520 Apr 13, 2013
Cat Purrs wrote:
<quoted text> Frankie R1 and his socks isn't trying to change anyone's mind, he's just trying to be a pain in the azz.
No one changes anyone's mind here dumbass. Duh. What a dope!

You're just a dopey jackass troll. Dumber than average.

And the cat is white you silly blind f***!

Hope that helps.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188521 Apr 13, 2013
Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>He does have a good point! You guys are relentless, you all go at this none stop all day and all night. The only reason I'm here is because the weather has been crappy and I don't have anything better to do at the moment. But seriously how many times can you guys repeat yourselves over and over again on how you feel about the topic? And lose sleep on it at that! I think you all have said what you needed to say, maybe now you should go out and live your lives, no matter what is done or said there are people who will always be against ssm and there is nothing you can do to change their minds if they are set on it, even then you shouldn't care, and vice versa, there is nothing that can be said to prove to a gay man that his life is wrong. Give it a rest people!
Relax toots.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188522 Apr 13, 2013
Rock Hudson wrote:
Hey, Frank, we're still tied. At 6 apiece...
:-D
All of my excellent work was deleted today on all threads, shadow banned! I can always tell pretty quickly because the bad judge-its on my posts stop.

I started winning an argument on another thread this morning. You know how it goes.

Yeah 6 to 6. Neck and neck!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Francis Albert Rizzo

Union City, CA

#188529 Apr 13, 2013
Those bad judge-its are good judge-its! Shows I'm not censored into the gulag for free speech tonight. Yet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min Rick Moss 68,994
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Go aways 5,004
clint the flint 2 hr ubietron 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search