Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 8,223)

Showing posts 164,441 - 164,460 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
They're just questions, no disrespect intended. Its a simple "why'. Why does the one woman of the lesbian couple wear a tuxedo on their wedding day? Do gay men wear wedding dresses? Maybe just Dennis Rodman.:)
your stereotypes are not true of all lesbians, Petey...

so what is up, ol' Pietro?

many women are attracted to very feminine looking women. many very masculine men are attracted to masculine men. and I have personally attended a wedding where they both wore wedding gowns.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

So Petey...yo haven't given up on your quest for multiple wives, have you?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhhhhh.....I didn't ask that.
<quoted text>
Did I say it was wrong? Just puzzling, that's all. Why is a woman who is sexually attracted to a women, attracted to a woman who has the appearence of, and mannerisms of a man, if she is not sexually attracted to men? I suppose the same question could be posed of gay men. No implication of wrong, or disrespect.
There was a show called "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", but no corresponding female version, like a "Butch Pal for the Straight Gal".......Oh boy...now you're gonna get all mad and say something about a "how people live their lives" or something like that.
<quoted text>
Easy there VeeVee....it doesn't bother me. Are we not trying to understand each other, for straight people to understand and accept gay people? My wife and I were friends with a lesbian couple years ago, and I can tell you one of the women clearly had some masculine mannerisms, and thought processes. She had been with men, and even stated she liked "a sausage now and then". But there no mistaking she prefers innies to outies.
<quoted text>
Theses are minor chacteristics. Not apparent contradictions.
<quoted text>
There ya go again. They're just questions, no requirement necessary.
<quoted text>
Never? Not even a crush on a teacher in school as grade school student?
<quoted text>
Okaaaaaaaay....so you never asked male friends, relatives, coworkers, etc., of the straight persuation why they like women, or what is it about women that they like?
<quoted text>
Easy now...you're taking this way too serious. Homosexuality is what it is, that is acceptance, or perhaps part of it.
Well, to answer your question, "Why do are some lesbians attracted to more masculine lesbians?"

I don't know. I honestly don't.

I've been around a lot of lesbians. But I've never thought it was my place to ask them the question.

I've looked at couples--straight couples and gay couples--and thought to myself, "What does he see in him?" But I would never ask.

I just assume that people know what they like and they have their own, personal reasons.

I'm much more apt to ask, "Why does he stay with him when he's so abusive?" or "Why does she stay with him when he treats her like a doormat?"

But if a couple seems content, I just leave it at that. I'm happy that they found someone who they like.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
They're just questions, no disrespect intended. Its a simple "why'. Why does the one woman of the lesbian couple wear a tuxedo on their wedding day? Do gay men wear wedding dresses? Maybe just Dennis Rodman.:)
I did a search on Google "Ask a Lesbian". I came across a Topix forum that was trying to get to the bottom of your question.

One response stood out:

"'m a femme lesbian with a butch girlfriend.
like many here have already said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. and it takes all kinds of people to make this world go around.
my "butch" girlfriend is attractive to me because she has confidence, a sense of humor, and compassion for others. no matter what her personal style, her personality would be the same. in fact, not that long ago she was a 'girly' lesbian.
and with clothes of any style, or completely naked, she is a beautiful woman that i love, honor, and respect.
i won't check this board again, so please send any feedback to leelan_m04@yahoo.com and i'd be happy to elaborate.:)
thanks, and i hope i helped!"

----------

Since she included her email, you should drop her a line.

The discussion took place in 2007, so she may not have the same email. But, there were responses as recently as March 2013

The Topix forum that discusses this issue can be found here http://www.topix.com/forum/news/sex/T8C109POF...

Go have a look and see what you find.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
According to VV, there is no such thing as sexual orientation dysfunction...that he wants to hear about.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I did a search on Google "Ask a Lesbian". I came across a Topix forum that was trying to get to the bottom of your question.
One response stood out:
"'m a femme lesbian with a butch girlfriend.
like many here have already said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. and it takes all kinds of people to make this world go around.
my "butch" girlfriend is attractive to me because she has confidence, a sense of humor, and compassion for others. no matter what her personal style, her personality would be the same. in fact, not that long ago she was a 'girly' lesbian.
and with clothes of any style, or completely naked, she is a beautiful woman that i love, honor, and respect.
i won't check this board again, so please send any feedback to leelan_m04@yahoo.com and i'd be happy to elaborate.:)
thanks, and i hope i helped!"
----------
Since she included her email, you should drop her a line.
The discussion took place in 2007, so she may not have the same email. But, there were responses as recently as March 2013
The Topix forum that discusses this issue can be found here http://www.topix.com/forum/news/sex/T8C109POF...
Go have a look and see what you find.
I've got a better idea. Google butch lesbian forums.

Why does a lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?

Because something is sexually broken. Almost a man connecting with barely a lesbian.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
So Petey...yo haven't given up on your quest for multiple wives, have you?
I cannot speak for Pietro, but I think that he like myself is not interested in a poly marriage, only in discussing it in relation to marriage equality.

Let me also state in advance that I am also not interested in marrying a goat, as "Big D" and others have insisted I must be since I mention poly marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We already have Thor's day ( Thursday ) once a week, that is as much recognition as any other religion and more than most.
we need a Xemu holiday
God of most of the peoples of the world throughout history. BAD!!!!

"Xemu". GOOD!!!!

in Big D La La land.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your stereotypes are not true of all lesbians, Petey...
many women are attracted to very feminine looking women. many very masculine men are attracted to masculine men. and I have personally attended a wedding where they both wore wedding gowns.
WOODY?! Is that you? Welcome back amico.

I know not all lesbians are like that.... Some are down right beautiful. My question was not to imply all were like that, same with gay men, just seeking an answer to puzzlement. That's all.

What of a wedding of two men? I don't I've seen pictures of one wearing a dress. You? Just askin'
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
Two men married in wedding gowns? Oy. White?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Caution. Tick season. Check yourself often.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
http://www.cdc.gov/features/stopticks/

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a better idea. Google butch lesbian forums.
Why does a lesbian dress and act like a man to attract another lesbian?
Because something is sexually broken. Almost a man connecting with barely a lesbian.
LOL! A monster talking about something being broken! Do you consider yourself human?

Fashion is purely cultural, stupid.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence the difference between marriage and ss couples.
Smile.
Hey, monster, you have both sets of sex chromosomes, should you be allowed to marry at all?
:)

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Time for everybody to face the fact there just isn't a good, rational argument against gay marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! A monster talking about something being broken! Do you consider yourself human?
Fashion is purely cultural, stupid.
An impartial, deep thinking poster has decided that Rose_NoHo's post above is "Brilliant" "Interesting" and "Helpful". Surely there will be more posters impressed enough to give it many favorable reviews.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
Time for everybody to face the fact there just isn't a good, rational argument against gay marriage.
Yes. I agree, there are no strong arguments against SSM, and therefore I support it. Marriage is good for society.

But as far as "the time has come", the time has come and passed for you to offer compelling arguments FOR it, not for anyone else to offer arguments against it.

The burden of making this social change falls on you, not us. You want the change. Most people are content with the status quo.

So, give us good arguments FOR it, don't expect us to argue against it. Most of us have no arguments against it or for it.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Yaaaaaay Rosie back....the joy....the rapture....the wisdom that gushes forth from her insightful articulate posts. On with the show.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
According to VV, there is no such thing as sexual orientation dysfunction...that he wants to hear about.
Well, I can't take all of the credit. There are all of those learned doctors and scientists who have been telling us that there is no such thing as "sexual orientation dysfunction" (where DO you come up with these terms?) for about 40 years.
Fabbulass

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Leans wrong today

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 164,441 - 164,460 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,124
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Foes 15,666
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr Lug Heads 7,300
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 16 hr Drafty 4,559
Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend was womanizing cheater... (Apr '13) 19 hr hasterd 4
Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in ... (Jul '10) Apr 16 Lorraine 29
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance