Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
164,341 - 164,360 of 200,561 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? None of their business, eh? ahahahahahahahahahahahah
YUK!YUK!YUK!

I knew that would make you stop your silly boycott of Frankie.

But seriously, no one cares what some loudmouthed angry yenta from Joisey thinks about California politics. Butt out. Fix New Joisey. Talk to chubby Chris not us.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I'm not saying anything as STUPID as "it's none of their business." You are stoned.
YUK!YUK!YUK! You mad jackass?

P.S. My state of sobriety is as irrelevant as some angry jackass yenta from Joisey's is.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmm....32 U.S. states have constituionally defined marriage as a union of one man and one woman, there's only 50 states in the union...so at some point unless there is a change in the constitutional states, or the Supreme Court imposes SSM nationwide, more than half the country will be conjugal husband and wife states. SSM has a limit,
<quoted text>
California proved the people have no say, the constituional process the people followed, the rule of law proved to be a farce. What is the point of having the process, if the result is a federal judge over rules the people of the state?
yeah used to be 50, now it is 32 and falling

California proved that anyone can put any crap on a ballot if they have the money,

if the supreme court fails to do the right thing what is going to be your line when it is put on the ballot again and prop 8 goes down in flames, an out of state organization saw a quickly closing window and capitalized on it, if put on the ballot today Prop 8 would have zero chance and I suspect you know that.

So don’t make me laugh about the “”will of the people” I have that on my side, that and justice as well
Mike Nor Cal

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Good job SKG of Harbor City. I feel the same way!
I just wish people would care as much about that NimRod in the White House. We need to band together. We cannot let him or anyone else strip us of our second Ammendment. Please call your local criminal in office and let our voices be heard! We are NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
God Bless this once Great Nation, so it may again be The Greatest Place on Earth...
A-A-A

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

No parking?

No shopping.

The City of Glendora tries to make money from parking tickets?

I will not shop downtown village again.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Because it's the California way. Even their own Supreme Court said California should revisit their stupid voter initiative laws. Let them waste their time and money passing unconstitutional laws..... go ahead.....
Thank you for sharing those thoughts, however dumb, angry, biased and unrequested.

However we don't need some dopey yenta from Joisey butting in with his dumb 2 cents.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
California proved that anyone can put any crap on a ballot if they have the money,
if the supreme court fails to do the right thing what is going to be your line when it is put on the ballot again and prop 8 goes down in flames, an out of state organization saw a quickly closing window and capitalized on it, if put on the ballot today Prop 8 would have zero chance and I suspect you know that.
So don’t make me laugh about the “”will of the people” I have that on my side, that and justice as well

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
have you communicated these thoughts and ideas to the legal team that's defending either Prop 8 or DOMA?
oh wait...it's too late. they've stated their case. guess you missed that boat.
the government inserted itself into marriage once it ordered there to be licenses and then offered legal recognition of marriages. whether you agree with the government being allowed to do that is moot - it's been done that way for many many years. you live here and in doing so, you agree to follow the law. if you want to utilize those proviliges extended to married couples, you have to be legally married. of course, you might have more reasons to get married, i wouldn't know and don't really care what those reasons are. they're none of my business.
whether you and others like you don't like the fact that same sex couples can legally marry isn't at issue - it does not matter to the law, SCOTUS or frankly, anyone else. it'll be up to you to deal with those negative issues you've given yourself by disliking same sex marriage, not anyone else.
but then again, you certainly have the right to start a law suit to strike down what the judges will find in regards to Prop 8 & DOMA. you can then utilize all these arguments you've tossed out up here and see how far that goes in having same sex marriage rulings overturned. let us know how it's going for you.
Honey, I'm not a lawyer, nor do I have any desire to be one.

I do have an interest in reality. Reality says marriage and ss couples are distinct. No one can change that. No one.

You know that. Nothing will change that. Nothing.

Smile.
Anonymous

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
YUK!YUK!YUK!
I knew that would make you stop your silly boycott of Frankie.
But seriously, no one cares what some loudmouthed angry yenta from Joisey thinks about California politics. Butt out. Fix New Joisey. Talk to chubby Chris not us.
I think its more like Guido! Yuk New Jersians are all a bunch of trashy, overly tan morons, they all idolize the Jersey Shore retauds it really speaks for their intellectual capabilities!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you'll study the last question you raise in your post.
What, exactly, is the point of allow people to vote on such matters?
As far as I can tell from looking at the various propositions that have been voted on in CA since the early 70s there has never been such a proposition. It's unprecedented.
Just because a group of people get enough people to sign a petition to put an issue on the ballot does not mean that it should have been there in the first place.
And that was the decision of Judge Walker.
'gay' judge walker.

I'm surprised.
Phased In

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

A bill aimed at pressuring the Boy Scouts of America to lift its ban on gay members by making the organization ineligible for nonprofit tax breaks cleared its first vote on April 10, 2013 Wednesday in the California Legislature.

The Senate Governance and Finance Committee voted 5 to 2 to move the first-of-its-kind bill to the Senate Appropriations Committee for review.

Looks like they will either sink or swim, what say you Glendora, California?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>I think its more like Guido! Yuk New Jersians are all a bunch of trashy, overly tan morons, they all idolize the Jersey Shore retauds it really speaks for their intellectual capabilities!
To a native New Yawka such as myself, Joisey's just an annoying bad joke.

When we were kids in Brooklyn and got caught with something illegal by the cops and they asked where we got it, the magic answer was "over in Joisey". Then the cops would just let us go with a warning to stay out the hell out of Joisey.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
32 and falling? I think it's holding steady at 32.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
'gay' judge walker.
I'm surprised.
I followed the Proposition 8 case very closely and I don't remember reading that Judge Walker used his dick a single time in making his decision.

Moron...

Three heterosexual appellate court judges agreed with Walker...

Didn't we have this conversation already?
Anonymous

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
To a native New Yawka such as myself, Joisey's just an annoying bad joke.
When we were kids in Brooklyn and got caught with something illegal by the cops and they asked where we got it, the magic answer was "over in Joisey". Then the cops would just let us go with a warning to stay out the hell out of Joisey.
Yeah, their nasty. So you're from the new york city area of ny huh? Do you have the accent?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of cases that we're not supposed to hear about, such as crimes involving negro perpetrators, we are often not told when the perps are negroes.
Also we're not often told when the perp is an undocumented democrat.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you'll study the last question you raise in your post.
What, exactly, is the point of allow people to vote on such matters?
As far as I can tell from looking at the various propositions that have been voted on in CA since the early 70s there has never been such a proposition. It's unprecedented.
Just because a group of people get enough people to sign a petition to put an issue on the ballot does not mean that it should have been there in the first place.
And that was the decision of Judge Walker.
VeeVee

What did the people of California vote on, at its most basic level? To define, solidly, codify, the legal definition of marriage, which as been understood throughout the state since the birth of the state, as a union of one man and one woman as husband AND wife. That's it! Judge Walker who is gay, basically said, no way Jose.

That the whole issue in the most simplest terms  All this talk about rights, and bigotry, anti gays, rainbow flag waving, is just a bunch of noise.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Country-Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, their nasty. So you're from the new york city area of ny huh? Do you have the accent?
No more accent. Was thick once. Toidy-toid and toid.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Also we're not often told when the perp is an undocumented democrat.
Nice Frankie...gave me a chuckle.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice Frankie...gave me a chuckle.
"Illegal aliens" is so judgmental! Let's just call them undocumented democrats. Which is more accurate anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••